It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku Warns the World Citizens of Potential Mega Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

there is 2 kind of solar storm .. the one at the end of the movie knowing with Nicolas Cage
a big fire wall destroying everything
or a solar storm that will fry any electronic circuits

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Yes, that's why I also said this in the same post,

Maybe his theories though..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

its a consequence from an earthquake .. so in basic term ... its earthquakes that we need to fear more they are the start of a chain reactions

Well, regardless of seismic activity, a volcano can naturally build up pressure until it erupts. But you're pretty much correct. Earthquakes are a major trigger.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Dr. Kaku is by far the most intelligent mind of our generation; he approaches subjects based on his knowledge of actual facts, and considers "proof" to be the basis of science. He presents plausible realities for many elements of physics that are in the early stages of development; however, when it comes to current science and things we can actually measure like these earthquakes, he is more credible, honest, informed, and knowledgeable than anyone out there. Dr. Kaku is a brilliant mind who has a passion for truth, and the last thing he would do is make a statement to play on his credibility. People just formulate their own denial out of fear, and they need to wake up and accept that our generation got the short straw and we'll see many devastating changes in the time we have left.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

Dr. Kaku is a brilliant mind who has a passion for truth, and the last thing he would do is make a statement to play on his credibility.

I completely agree with you. I didn't downplay his credibility at all, I'm just portraying it in a realistic fashion. I'm just saying he probably isn't one of the most respected scientists within academic circles. He doesn't play by the rules, and isn't afraid to make himself heard. He manages to walk a fine line between "crack pot" and "scientist". And that's just how a real scientist searching for real answers should go about it. He can keep an open mind and delve into concepts that other scientists avoid like the plague, because such pseudo-science often isn't respectable research. Obviously we think differently and can see the true genius that this man really is, and how he allows intelligent discussion surrounding these topics to take place. If it wasn't for him there would probably still be many areas of science that are considered nothing but highly theoretical (and unlikely) crack-pottery. As I said, if science can't look outside the box for answers, it can't do anything at all.

edit on 21-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Ben81

Kaku is considered one of the more credible scientists..

He is a mainstream "theoretical physicist".

Hardly one of the most creditable scientists of any age.

MM

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is there a source somewhere quoting Kaku as saying "mega earthquake" ?
I see him quoted as saying "mega cities where there used to be fishing villages" and alluding to infrastructure not surviving large earthquakes, large cities being built in places that are known for seismic activity, and those statements being spun by "reporters" into him "warning of potential mega earthquake" , as the purveyors of FUD are wont to do.
But is there a source where he actually uttered the phrase mega earthquake coming or something akin?
I watched the interview, and am quite sure I recall him saying things along the lines of "mother earth isn't angry at us" and "We will see January 2013"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There's such a delicate balance in nature that all the extracting of oil will only cause earthquakes to increase in their magnitude. Think about it. Oil deposits sit in the earths crust between different layers of plates. Oil is the lubrication for the earths plates. Less lube = more friction = worse quakes .
edit on 21-1-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
There's such a delicate balance in nature that all the extracting of oil will only cause earthquakes to increase in their magnitude. Think about it. Oil deposits sit in the earths crust between different layers of plates. Oil is the lubrication for the earths plates. Less lube = more friction = worse quakes .

Very good and logic theory ... that would explain many modern event that we didnt have a hundred years ago... we are draining everything from earth ressources .. no wonder its all mess up now :S
edit on 1/21/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Ive been saying this forever but nobody takes any notice. Oil is there for a reason, replacing it with water which has entirely different properties is asking for trouble. It is our dependance on oil that is going to be our undoing, both due to the above and due to oil based processes and products polluting and poisoning the earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I think both natural disaster are very probable to happen in our lifetime or around 2012
like predicted by many

Solar storms or a mega earthquake .. we have see all the warning signs

I really enjoy Kaku's books and shows. BOOKS AND SHOWS people. Entertainment. I have no doubt the guy is qualified, but he has an agenda, the agenda is to make money off of BOOKS AND SHOWS.

It wouldn't be very entertaining for him to say " solar storms have happened many times in the past and may happen again" Super volcanoes have happened before and may one day happen again" This is what the non celebrity scientists say. This doesn't sell books ( maybe a few scientific journals) or make for good TV.

No one in the scientific community could deny that our planet has had mega geological events occur in the past. Kaku isn't breaking any ground or spilling any secrets, what he says is a fact dressed up to be more entertaining.

Will major disasters happen in the near future? I don't have to be a scientist..or a prophet to say with absolutely no doubt in my mind , YES, there will.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yeah I'm going to agree with you as well haha. Dr. Kaku doesn't think outside the box, there is no box to begin with in his mind, and he exemplifies a true passion (much like Einstein) to think leaps ahead of other physicists out there and ultimately sets a direction; he certainly helps paint the pictures that inspire the work of many great physicists in our world. He is approachable, accessible, and popularizes science into the mainstream..right where it should be for everyone to see. He is definitely the face of science, and certainly portrays a public relations type of ambassador for the science community as a whole. But again, only time will tell and hopefully we don't encounter a global disaster anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I love Michio, but I agree with you, he is a paid spokesman and recently he has switched his tune in accommodating an agenda.

I Love you Michio, please come back! We need you to be a real leader in helping the masses understand that there is a great transgression moving across the planet and people do want to know the truth and can handle the truth.

Plus he has awesome Hair!!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Like yourself,my main concern is also how to best protect and care for my cats should there be a cataclysmic event,i am afraid that humanity doesn't figure high on my list.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
hes good, but he said that all these animal suicides are natural and happen reguarly, i reckon hes sold his soul personally...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If this is the level of intelligence of atsers i have been sadly dissaapointed.
However, Mr Kaku is one of string and super string theorys multiple fathers.
It remains to be proved that he , along with the other dads is barking up the right tree.....
As far as being some kind of resident expert on every strange thing that we observe, he has no more authority than any of you to predict such things.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree, he's been sold out to protect himself and his loved ones -- or face death.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah, well, he told half the truth. I suppose he was banned from saying that these quakes are HAARP-induced and the telling sign is that all current quakes are instigated at a level of 10 kilometers. Not 7,8 or 9, strictly 10. How is that natural?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The name Michio in Japanese means "Road of Life".

I have always felt that our names are a means of which we are pre-determined and influenced. Michio's road is the same one we are walking upon so I am sure that in some respects he is being lead along like the rest of us; thankfully he is a reasoning man!

Come on home Michio! (as if he would see this LOL)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Ben81

So he is a credible source and not a guy trying to sell up something like the global warming conspiracy

He's the polar opposite of Al Gore..
I doubt anyone will question his credibility.

Maybe his theories though..

I don't know about that guy.. He said the missile off of California's coast was not a missile.

Deebo

he said that ? .. the same guy in the OP ??
im curious to know what he told the news if it wasnt a missile
its not a plane for sure ..so what was it ??

Yes here is the news video.. This man has been corrupted by tptb. "If we just get this famous, brilliant physicist to explain it all, they will buy it"

www.liveleak.com...

Deebo
edit on 21-1-2011 by Deebo because: Edited to add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join