It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in Film

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Definition of extraterrestrial is simply born not of Earth. So all those movies fit that category. I think you're more thinking of the traditional aliens (like in War of the Worlds).

"The Event" is about aliens...

The plot centers on a group of extraterrestrials, some of whom have been detained by the United States Government for sixty-six years since their ship crashed in Alaska, while others have secretly assimilated among the general populace.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: Bedtime stories is the only that didn't truly belong, due to the brief moment of it, but that was on the official list of ET films for that yr.

edit on 21-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You're missing Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer. The Silver Surfer is an alien from the planet Zenn-La (in the
Deneb System in the Milky Way galaxy).

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's there, that was one my fav ones.

Do CTRL + F "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer "

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In the 41st MUFON conference there's going to be a talk about aliens/ufo stories in the media. I would not put it past the government that they used media as a tool to push agendas (as Glenn Beck said regarding a shadow government or that thing Bill Clinton said). I find it fascinating that so many scientists are talking about aliens all a sudden as well as it being all over Hollywood. There is a somewhat organized effort going on to familiarize people these last couple years to the idea of alien life.

www.forteantimes.com...

Stanton Friedman, a near-perm­anent and undeniably legendary fixture on the UFO lecture circuit, was on hand to deliver a powerful presentation that castigated certain well-known figures. Friedman’s paper began: “In the first six months of 2010 there was a comparatively huge amount of serious media coverage about aliens and life in outer space. The coverage was the result of many different comments by a number of very high profile scientists such as world famous theoretical astrophysic­ist Dr Stephen Hawking, astronomers such as Dr Frank Drake, Dr Paul Davies, Lord Martin Rees, [and] Dr Seth Shostak.”

EDIT: & I have been around since the 70s and I can honestly say I did not consider aliens/ufos that much until about 2007. So I'd guess their plan, whatever it is, to get attention on the subject is working.

edit on 21-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i didnt see pandorum up there. and thats def got aliens in it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuyInTheKnow

Pandorum? Nah, I thought they were humans which had been twisted by time and radiation or something ! Great movie in either case.

TB

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Stats can be whatever you make of them! I took 5 mins & found far more releases between 2001-2006 that you put in your post.

Go check all the alien monster movies released in the late 40's, early 50's far, more than there is now. Sci-Fi/Aliens is a genre that people want to see, just like every other category (horror/action etc). As long as people continue to put money in the pockets of film-makers & the studios, then they'll keep being made.

If nobody goes to the cinema to watch alien inspired movies, do you honestly believe studios will keep churning them out. Somehow I think not!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
One of my fave alien movies, and the one I think is most realistic, and may even be true, is They Live. This movie rocks, and makes sense, and is in the very possible catagory.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by MasonicFantom

It's not a conspiracy, there is no secret ridiculous government cabal controlling Hollywood or anything like that. It can be explained very easily, but it seems the concept is too hard for most people to grasp.

It's called capitalism.

I noticed you didn't list all the romantic comedies, action movies.....etc.......surely you think there must be a conspiracy there as well?

By capitalism if you mean people go and watch these movies so they make money so they make more of them then at least that points to the fact that the general public find movies about aliens entertaining - which you could reasonably stretch slightly (especially by inserting link to relevant survey here which I can't be bothered) to state that this indicates the general public are more readily accepting of the notion of ET's that any time previously.

If you want to show that there has been a similar increase in romantic comedies and that simply more films are being made, do the work and list them.
edit on 22-1-2011 by chunder because: Inaccurate statement deleted

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Definition of extraterrestrial is simply born not of Earth. So all those movies fit that category. I think you're more thinking of the traditional aliens (like in War of the Worlds)

Not all. I am talking about where the fact their alien-ness is the point of the story. Take Superman, for instance, while he may be an alien, the movies are never about him being an alien.

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
"The Event" is about aliens...

The Wikipedia entry aside, if you actually watch the show, you will see they never call Sophia's people "aliens", in fact their origins are still a mystery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join