It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in Film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I broke up time periods into 5 yr intervals and here's what the numbers came down to.

63 the last five yrs......35 the previous five, 35 again the previous five and 18 before that (+/-2).

I will post the list below. PS can anyone substantiate this? The US government is funding 2 alien TV series?? www.ufo-blogger.com...

2007-2011 63 total
Falling Skies (Series)
The Event (Series)
V (Series)
Skies
Super 8
Battle: Los Angeles
I Am Number Four
Cowboys and Aliens
Monsters
Skyline
Men in Black III
The Thing
Battleship
Iron Sky
Predators
Aliens in the Attic
District 9
Knowing
Monsters Vs Aliens
Planet 51
Princess of Mars
Race to Witch Mountain
The Fourth Kind
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transmorphers: Fall of Man
Under the Mountain
Megamind
Monsters
Transformers: The Dark side of the Moon
Mars Needs Moms
Paul
The Invasion
Aliens vs Predators: Requiem
Alien vs Hunter
Ben 10: Race Against Time
Ben 10: Secret to the Omnitrix
Bender’s Big Score
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Invasion of the Pod People
Lifted
Night Skies
Species IV
Spider-Man 3
Transformer
Transmorphers
Underdog
War of the Worlds 2: Next wave
Wall-E
The Monster X Strikes Back
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Trek
Proxima
Outlander
Meet Dave
Infected
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Cloverfield
Christmas on Mars
The Beast with a Billion Backs
Bedtime Stories

2001-2006 35 Total
Alien Autopsy
Slither
Superman Returns
War of the Worlds
Zathura
Star Wars Episode III
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Doom
Chicken Little
Alone in the Dark
Alien Planet
Alien Abduction
AvP
Chronicles of Ridick
Decoy
Species IV
Starship Troopers 2
Team America: World Police
The Forgotten
Dreamcatcher
Alien Hunter
Good Boy!
Lilo & Stitch
Imposter
MIB II
Returner
Signs
Solaris
Star Trek Nemesis
Star Wars Episode II
Treasure Planet
Evolution
Ghosts of Mars
The Man Who Wasn’t there
K-Pax

1996-2000 35 Total

1991-1995 18 Total

edit on 21-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You missed out "Falling Skies", another TV show by Steven Spielberg. But yes, you're right, there certainly is an extreme influx of alien movies/shows. However, it's most likely they've just seen that it's a market which they have potential to exploit. As an alien film fan, I can't say I'm complaining. It does seem quite unusual, though.

Edit: You mentioned "Monsters" twice, as well.
edit on 21-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ah, yea, another alien TV series.
Quite a few of em recently.

Could be the market. I always wonder about the media/Hollywood myself & view them as fingers of the government in many ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Wow.. You must have alot of free time..

2nd

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
All of which are very entertaining.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Using this en.wikipedia.org...
It took about 10 minutes using CTRL + F function & Copy/paste. Tho I'm sure you would have done it some much more difficult way.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Have you just done this with just sci-fi or do you have a list of other programe/movie types? your list proves that there is a big increase in sci-fi on tv/movies. but thats all its proves. has there been an increse action movies? dramas? I dont have time to check, but I think you do. post back the results.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good work on putting that list together... alhtough if you ae hinting towards a pattern, im not quite there is one but i will say that 2011 is gonna be an awesome year for UFO / Alien movies.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

It's not a conspiracy, there is no secret ridiculous government cabal controlling Hollywood or anything like that. It can be explained very easily, but it seems the concept is too hard for most people to grasp.

It's called capitalism.

I noticed you didn't list all the romantic comedies, action movies.....etc.......surely you think there must be a conspiracy there as well?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
By the same measure you apply to films, I suppose the amount of books about aliens, be they fictional or documentary , also have some meaning? If so how far back do you propose to go? If some tales are to be believed , then the first story of aliens may have been written by the Egyptians, or the Mayans or some other ancient culture, and be painted in minute and exacting detail upon the walls of some monumental eddifice somewhere.
What about the radio broadcast of war of the worlds? How about the acres of work by authors like Arthur C. Clarke, Greg Bear, and Steven Baxter? If you include the literary contribution to the subject, you will be swamped with data.
My opinion is that quite apart from an increase in literate and creative persons, to whom describing the unknown comes naturaly , the reason for the upsurge in media exposure to the alien subject, is largely to do with an upsurge in interest in the subject. People LIKE aliens, are interested in UFO, and find the entire premise of life outside our solar system at once fascinating and entertaining. The popularity of the well known science fiction monolith that is Star Trek, is possibly the best evidence for this line of thinking. In every one of its cycles it details the life of a future people, surrounded , emotionaly involved with, companions of and also enemies of countless , myriad species of alien cultures. Say what you will about the production quality of some of the episodes and movies made in its name, but Star Trek is a really interesting phenomenon to observe, because by looking at the fans, and the popularity and the loyalty of its fans, you can easily come to the conclusion that people are ready for the future as detailed in the show, and would be sorely dissapointed if we were all that resides in the universe, in terms of intellient species.
However, I do not believe that even that monolithic and highly sucessfull show, can be added to the pile of evidence of some conspiracy . Creation is in our blood, attempting to spin tales, tell stories, and improvise on a theme is the basis of all art, wether pictographic, literary , or the strange mix of both that is movie and television production. Art has always followed trends, ever since paint was first applied to a surface, and that trend following habit, has never deserted those who create art, in any of its forms. I think that if anything , this following of trends in movies and tv is an echo of that.
We could say the same of disaster movies, each more utterly depressing and awe inspiring than the last. We could say similar of the movies about robotic life, post apocalyptic movies like Book Of Eli, and others. In art, all that is done, or will be done, has been done before, and is merely an echo of the past, even when refering to the future. To make much of the patterns that may or may not appear in the analysis of thier number, or frequency of thier production would be, I think , to tread down a path of never ending twists and turns, with no overarching point to it. Its art, and looses all meaning if you over analyse it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
And the lesson learned from most, if not all alien invasion movies; humans can beat aliens in some way or another. Conditioning?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

I think the meaning of this little lesson is that good art shouldnt be over analysed, and nor should its production speed and frequency of release !
One would be much better served keeping an eye on the sky.... Im sure we used to have members that did that here a while ago.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Not in the movie Skyline. Man, that was the worst movie I have seen in a theater in two decades.....and that includes the total crap my wife drags me into.......

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I noticed you didn't list all the romantic comedies, action movies.....etc.......surely you think there must be a conspiracy there as well?

Not sure about that.

These romantic comedies are actually a form of learning for the romantically inept. It's a fact that 87% of men in the UK now look and act like Hugh Grant.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's called capitalism.

Not to mention with (relatively) cheap computers and digital film-making, more independent productions are capable of producing quality films and major studios are able to produce sci-fi films for cheaper with (supposedly) much better special effects.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
I will post the list below.

Some movies on the list are quite interesting choices, that either do not fit the criteria or are not really about aliens. For instance, in Cloverfield it is never stated where the monster is from (the satellite falling at Coney Island is related but we don't know how it is related). Iron Sky is about Nazis on the Moon, not aliens. Transformers is a big-budget, low-quality remake of an 80s cartoon; Transmorphers is just an Asylum rip-off. The Eventy we still don't know if it is about aliens or another species of humans. In Knowing it is debatable if the creatures are aliens or angels. Wall-E doesn't even have aliens in it. Bedtime Stories only has one scene with aliens and the sequence is clearly fantasy. And while Superman is an alien, the movie is not about him being an alien.

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
PS can anyone substantiate this? The US government is funding 2 alien TV series?

No way to substantiate it. It is speculation, baseless speculation, that someone has confused as proof.

edit on 21-1-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You forgot Stargate

17 season (3 different serie) SG1 SGA SGU
3 films

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

Not sure about that.

These romantic comedies are actually a form of learning for the romantically inept. It's a fact that 87% of men in the UK now look and act like Hugh Grant.

lol, as a UK member I'm sure my wife would be happy if that was the case! On to the OP's point though, I think vampires and child wizards have been the recent genre box office hits when you take out 'normal' lifestyle movies and celeberity vehicles..... that mean they are also being softly disclosed?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How could have have missed the 2002 Steven Spielberg classic tv series "Taken"? I loved that 10 part tv show. Or is that out side the allowed time limit?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

President Bill Clinton once said "there is a government within the government and I have no control over it" So I guess he was one of those people that couldn't "grasp" this expert logic you have.

Research into Noam Chomsky and you'd see how extremely logical it is for a government to control people via media. Democracy is mediated by media (who people vote for is determined 85% by media), which is facilitated by the government.

Umm, I didn't talk about comedies etc. because these are 'alien & ufo' forums, obviously?

I think it's interesting to note that one of the very first alien films, according to Gordon Cooper, was funded by the US government. So I would not put it past them if they were secretly funding alien TV series. The question is tho, why? According to cooper it was for "desensitization".

edit on 21-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join