It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Weird thing happened to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The other day i was surfing this site and reading the posts as I got to the bottom of the page. I got a sudden flash in my mind of a VERY SPECIFIC picture. It was a very detailed picture one which I had never seen in my life. It is a picture that was not photographed or something that I had seen earlier. As soon as I clicked to the next page of the post that picture in my mind I had seen was someone's avatar. It was the EXACT picture including colors and size.It really freaked me out. How did I possibly dream up that exact picture in my mind? I had never seen that persons avatar before. It was a picture of someone making fun of President Bush in a ridicilous manner. But the picture I saw in my mind was vivid in detail. The next day I sat down to watch Freinds on TV, I was thininkg man i wish this episode comes on....i was thinking about a certain episode.....guess which episode came on. What are the chances of that happening? There are like 250 episodes...1 out of 250 chance.I mean its like i can see 15 seconds into the future. I dont know what happend but I was really freaked out. And I am a pretty reasonable guy, I ruled out all possilibities, but it still baffles me.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Are you sure oyu hadn't seen the avatar before? Maybe you ad but just hadn't noticed it?

And about friends....1/250.... Still a chance that that episode was going to come on. I've had worse odd's happen to me. Like in a computer game where i had 90% of one building which meant it would have been 99% chance that i wouldn't fail in a spell i was casting....so 1% chance that i would fail....I failed 8 times in a row.

And btw....i wastch 12 hours of friends yesterday....finished 168 episodes... all over now. series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wow, man some bad luck, and 12 hours straight, man i love Firends but I dont think I could do that. Yea im absolutley sure I had not seen it before, even if I did, why would I remember it right before I moved on to the next page. Oh and another weird thing also happend to me, but along time ago. I was having a dream in which my alarm clock went off and I woke up, the alarm clock was in my dream. As soon as I woke up my real alarm clock went off!!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sounds like psysic skills.

Anything happen to awaken this???

[edit on 11-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think it may be coincidental, or dejavu...
But i have had somethin similar to this thats kinda been freakin me out...
In the last couple of weeks, whenever i would turn the channel to a show that i dont normally watch...its always on the same spot where i had watched before...
For instance...i was put my tv on to Ellen degenerous one day, and she was playin this game with an audience member...it didnt interest me too much and i just flipped the channel...about 2 weeks later (without watching her in between)...i go to her show and she's playing the same game with the same person!...This happened with a couple other shows too...is it just coincidental...?

But a theory i have heard tho, for ur case, is that ur brain may have recepted some of the waves being put on the tv or maybe the computer (if that makes sense)

[edit on 11-7-2004 by sheaisdumb]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is no coincidence or deja vu. You should not underestimate what's happening to you, but don't be scared neither. You are not sick so there's no reason to go see the psychiatrist...

The thing is that you are "gifted", Tachyon. You see, these experiences you're having are all related to a mental faculty that`s called "remote viewing". This is a field in parapsychology that's in fast development as we speak, but it's still something that's mostly obscure and not really recognized by the "scientific community", although many cases of remote viewing are being tested around the world and recognized as valid. There's no need to worry I think... this might only be one the the fields in psychology/neurology that awaits to be developped by academic sciences.

I've been having the same extra-sensorial abilities for the past 12 years of my life, and not always with the same capacities. Sometimes it was stonger, and some other times I was almost unable to use these faculties, at least no without any hard work of concentration. I remember that for some time when I was teenager I was able to literally shoot a small stone to an exact point at a few feets WITH MY EYES CLOSED, and I'm still able to throw somthing in a trash can, at a distance, without looking right before I throw it. (although I need to "position" it in my mind before that). I have never really tried to develop or maintain these abilites... some seems to have faded away, while some others are still there or stronger.

My theory on that is that all humans still have "sensor" capacities in their brains (that are somewhat close to the sensors used by bats), but the brians of most people were not developed in a away that the parts of the brain related to these faculties are just left behind. It is a fact know that many autistic and schizophrenic people -especially the most affected ones- are able to do some precognitive/remote viewing operations...

Here's a Group that might interest you:
[email protected]

They often send us emails with pictures for testing our remote viewing skills. Personally, I'm not quite good in that kind of remote viewing, but based on what you wrote in your post, I think you would score in these tests!

There are some other sites on the net dedicated to remote viewing. I suggest that you make a search.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Stuff like this happens all the time. You ever drive down the road doing 60 mph in a 40 mph zone, and for no reason whatsoever, you suddenly decide to slow down very quickly, only to discover a cop a few hundred feet down the road? The TV thing happens all the time too. I'll be talking with my friend about a particular Simpsons or Sienfield episode, and later that day it's on TV. Or I'll have a song stuck in my head, and as soon as I turn on the radio it comes on. How about when you say something funny to somebody and the person on TV starts laughing on que, like they were laughing with you? How about, you pick up your phone to call a family member or friend, and when you pick up they are already on the other line because they decided to call you at the exact same moment? I can go on, and on, and on, but I won't.
This stuff happens to me on a regular basis. It happens to a lot of other people too. It's just coincidence, don't worry about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Sounds like psysic skills.

Anything happen to awaken this???

Only the dream woke me up.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
This is no coincidence or deja vu. You should not underestimate what's happening to you, but don't be scared neither. You are not sick so there's no reason to go see the psychiatrist...
There are some other sites on the net dedicated to remote viewing. I suggest that you make a search.

I appreciate your input, but im a very scientific person and it just does not sit well with me to accept such things because they are probably impossible, physically. I mean i belive in such things as God and angels even though it cannot be proven, but this is a step beyond. Maybe i am receiving messages from a higher power such as God? Is he guiding me?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woodside
Stuff like this happens all the time. You ever drive down the road doing 60 mph in a 40 mph zone, and for no reason whatsoever, you suddenly decide to slow down very quickly, only to discover a cop a few hundred feet down the road? The TV thing happens all the time too. I'll be talking with my friend about a particular Simpsons or Sienfield episode...

Yes it is understandable, but I cannot explain the picture occurence.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Maybe i am receiving messages from a higher power such as God? Is he guiding me?

I think that He speaks to us through signs in our everyday life. Anyways, I am a Christian, and I never saw any contradiction between remote viewing and what my Faith... Think of it as if you'd have a third leg, or a second brain (but less creepier
)... does such thing is contradictory with your relation with God? Not at all!

And I hardly see how can someone be that rationalist and Christian at the same time. Positivism, which is the scientific position you claim to have, is a position that pretends that nothing that is outside to what Science has already recognized -by the test of hypothesis and proof- simply cannot exist. Therefore, nothing that is outside scientific laws can exist. To a positivist point-of-view, the divine, and even the spiritual, cannot exist, as these domains does not obey to any law of physics, and are logically irrational by themselves. It's theory OVER reality. It's refusing to admit there is a wall right before your eyes JUST BECAUSE the original plans of the building you're in were telling you that there was'nt!

One thing's for sure, even if nothing in modern science that awknoledges the existence of such "irrational" faculty as being able to see pictures in advance or figuring out answers before they come out from a person's mouth, it would be crazy to not admit that IT'S THERE... What matters the most at the very basis, that Science knows, or that YOU know?

Empirical facts always have the priority over the rest after all..

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Tachyon, I can relate to what you're describing. I had a period of time go by about 2 years ago where I could sense things and wondered where it was coming from and why. I was into playing the lotto quite often. I would focus on all these numbers flying through my head and for whatever reason, there for a while, I could focus in on certain numbers or get a feeling. What's weird is they were numbers that were bunched up. Here's a couple examples: I told my mom one night that I felt like more then 2 numbers were going to hit between 1 and 5, it was just a feeling. That night, 1,2,5, and 1 again for the mega number were 4 of the 6 numbers hit out of a possible 47. What are the odds on that? Another, about a month earlier then that I told a buddy of mine at work, he's a lotto fanatic, that 3 numbers were going to hit in a row, 24, 25, 26. That night, 25,26,27 hit. You can look back, as I did, and won't find that happening other then the day I said it would. I totally tripped although I wasn't surprised. Too bad I can't pick all 6 huh, hahahaha. Anyways, I'm sure it sounds like coincedence to most people, but for me, I knew it for some reason. I could go on and on with some other examples. I just couldn't capitalize on it or make sense of it. Dang it!!! It is a little scary tho, because why would God put numbers in my head? Maybe it wasn't God. That's the scary part.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by livenlearn]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You know some things are explainable and some aren't.. but many just seem impossible. Your 5 senses are constantly picking up on things that you don't consciously register. Something that seems psychic is not.. you had unconscious input that steered you toward that conclusion... that you don't remember. And sometimes it's just a mega coincidence. I posted a thread here about brain downloading... that night on adult swim a SeaLab episode all about brain downloading came on.

The best example I could think of.. is comi8ng home and holding up a box for a sec... then I was like "You'll never guess what I have" and my roomate says "SCooby snacks!!" and I was floored for a sec.. but then I realized his back was to me.. fixing his hair in the mirror. So I was like awww you saw.. and he swore up and down he did not.. I believe him.. no he did not CONSCIOUSLY see the scooby snacks.. but his 5 senses unconsciously registered the box in the reflection, as he intently and with all conscious effort was busy fixing his hair.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Maybe i am receiving messages from a higher power such as God? Is he guiding me?

And I hardly see how can someone be that rationalist and Christian at the same time. Positivism, which is the scientific position you claim to have, is a position that pretends that nothing that is outside to what Science has already recognized -by the test of hypothesis and proof- simply cannot exist. Therefore, nothing that is outside scientific laws can exist. To a positivist point-of-view, the divine, and even the spiritual, cannot exist, as these domains does not obey to any law of physics, and are logically irrational by themselves. It's theory OVER ....

So you are saying I should probably let my religous part not interfere with my rational beliefs(i am Muslim by the way). But some of the things such as the big bang must come from God....he creates something out of nothing. Where science stops religion takes over. I do believe there are some things that science cannot explain and we are looking at a universe that is beyond rational explanation. You made me realize that you can be a religious scientist. Even Einstein said "God does not play dice" Thanks for the input

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
... ... I did, and won't find that happening other then the day I said it would. I totally tripped although I wasn't surprised. Too bad I can't pick all 6 huh, hahahaha....
[edit on 12-7-2004 by livenlearn]

Next time you get some numbers, let me have a piece of the pie, lol

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
haha, one time i the phone woke me up and i thought i picked it up, but i didnt so i was sitting in bed holding an imaginary phone to my ear going hello....hello...hello, then i realized what i was doing, but by the time i did, right as i clicked on, the answering machine kicked in....any way......

that # happens to me a lot too...i dunno....its kinda funny and wierd....just wanna say noob in general to watch it switch to new user....dunno why

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That's not what I'm saying, Tachyon. And btw sorry to have got your faith wrong...

I was only saying that you should think of taking more distance to scientific positivism... not to avoid your religious beliefs from interfering. I believe we should doubt not only our personal or religious beliefs, but also the post-academic beliefs that modern science is teaching us. Just study the works of Nikola Tesla and you'll get a heavy dose of scientific disillusionment!

But I don't know, maybe these remote viewing experiences you have have do something to do with God's will (I'm certainly not the one that can judge that!)...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Oh and another weird thing also happend to me, but along time ago. I was having a dream in which my alarm clock went off and I woke up, the alarm clock was in my dream. As soon as I woke up my real alarm clock went off!!

The same exact thing happened to me before!

I was pissed though, that's one extra second of sleep I missed

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah that�s happened to me to [bloody annoying]. That�s not paranormal, that�s your brain anticipating what�s going to happen next through use of you subconscious internal clock, which gives you your sense of time.

All the same the other stuff you have described does sound like ESP. Practice it you may become a wealthy man.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by kode]

top topics

join