It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing a ghost of someone who is alive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My b/f had an experience like this. He went to the store and on his way out there was a boy around 5, and his mother going in, the boy and my b/f made eye contact. He then drove about five miles away (and claims he was speeding) and as he was turning a corner near his house he saw the same boy on a bicycle. Again they made eye contact and the boy said to him, "Well isn't this strange?"

He also swears that this was absolutely impossible that they made it there before him, and he has never seen the kid before or after this occurred.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I dont know if its just the sex Chakra,thats involved.But Astral sex is the best sex.In your dreams as they say!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alphaprimez1
I've heard of cases where a murder or other tragic event happened at a place that was so powerful or negative that it actually left an imprint of the event while the people were still alive... Also, how does our dreaming mind conjure up images of people that we have never seen before? Perhaps those people are other dreamers... Or ghosts.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Alphaprimez1 because: (no reason given)

i have always wondered that myself how when we dream we meet people we have never seen or met before in real life yet in the dream you could be best friends or even a stranger gives me something to think about

and too the opp my nan had a similar experience to your she ran the bath for hur husband and told him that it was ready she went to the kitchen and then came back to the lounge and he was still in his chair watching t.v she turned to him and said i thought i told you to get in the bath he then yells from the bathroom i am in the bath she turned to the chair and he was gone very strange i have never forgotten that story mind you her house is creepy its built on and old burial site and tho i have not seen a ghost i feel their preasance there

sorry about the spelling as im not very good at english left school too early

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Extracted from one of my threads :

Bilocation & Psychokinesis :

Saint Martin de Porres (1579 – 1639). He never left his native city (Lima), yet even during his lifetime he was seen elsewhere, in regions as far distant as Africa, China, Algeria and Japan. An African slave who had been in irons said he had known Martin when he came to relieve and console many like himself, telling them of heaven. When later the same slave saw him in Peru, he was very happy to meet him again and asked him if he had had a good voyage; only later did he learn that Saint Martin had never left Lima.

One of his biographers said that the Prior had to prohibit him to do miracles, and refers that he passing close an scaffold, a bricklayer was falling down and Saint Martin stopped him halfway shouting the man to wait, and the bricklayer stayed in the air until Martin returned with the superior permission.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

this can mean something bad may happen to the person you saw

edit on 20-1-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was just reading about this type of phenomenon so I thought I would chime in. It seems to me that you may have encountered a doppelganger or 'co-walker'. Such sightings have a long history. Being a folklore student, most of the material I have on hand about them stems from folklore sources. Below are some interesting [to me at least] quotes regarding such experiences.

Rev. Robert Kirk describes them in great detail in The Secret Commonwealth (1691). I fixed up the archaic grammar and spelling for ease of reading:

"All things universally have their type, their reflex: a man's type, or reflex, or "co-walker" may be seen at a distance from or near him during his life [and] may be seen after his death. [Those] gifted with second sight can tell the substantial figure from the airy counterpart. Sometimes the reflex anticipates the action of the reality: 'was often seen of old to enter a house, by which the people knew that the person of that likeness was to visit them in a few days.' It may have occurred to most of us [that we meet] a person in the street whom we took for an acquaintance. it is not he, but we meet the real man a few paces farther on."

"This copy, echo, or living picture, goes at last to his own Herd. It accompanies that Person so long and frequently for ends best known to itself, whither to guard him from the secret Assaults of some of its own Folks, or only as a [mischievous] ape to counterfeit all his actions."

English poet Percy Shelley claimed to have met his own doppelganger as recounted in a posthumous letter written by his wife:

"[...] talking it over the next morning he told me that he had had many visions lately — he had seen the figure of himself which met him as he walked on the terrace & said to him — "How long do you mean to be content" — No very terrific words & certainly not prophetic of what has occurred. But Shelley had often seen these figures when ill; but the strangest thing is that Mrs Williams saw him. Now Jane, though a woman of sensibility, has not much imagination & is not in the slightest degree nervous — neither in dreams or otherwise."

John Donne recounted in a letter that he saw his wife's doppelganger on the same night that his child was stillborn:

"I have seen a dreadful Vision since I saw you: I have seen my dear wife pass twice by me through this room, with her hair hanging about her shoulders, and a dead child in her arms: this, I have seen since I saw you. [...] I cannot be surer that I now live, then that I have not slept since I saw you: and am, as sure, that at her second appearing, she stopped, looked me in the face, and vanished."

Other famous people who have reported similar sightings include Abraham Lincoln and Wolfgang Goethe. It is a very fascinating and widespread phenomenon to be sure and it is worthy of much more attention than it gets.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

Yes but we're not photons, we're much more complicated molecules. Even then, why, in this event, does it arbitrarily choose a particular individual? The chances of something like that happening in the macro world are staggering; there has to be a reasonable explanation, possibly just a hallucination.
edit on 20-1-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: brain fart

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

And you saw him at his desk and didn't ask him anything? Just went on ATS and posted. Yeah, pretty weird

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by Paulos

And you saw him at his desk and didn't ask him anything? Just went on ATS and posted. Yeah, pretty weird

No. Im sure he went running up to the guy and said something like, 'Hey mate, I just saw you enter the bathroom, but when I entered 3 seconds later, you were gone. Care to explain how you did that?'
Or maybe, 'Hey...This may sound like Im loony or on one too many drugs, but....'

I dont think that if it were possible I was losing my mind, I would advertise it.
Note to OP...not that I think your losing your mine, but most of society would say something along those lines.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Possibly something to do with the recent "turbulence" in the Earths Magnetic Field? Allowed you to see a short way into the Past/Future/alternate reality, or maybe a reflection of one of those? Or your co-worker saw you go to the bathroom and thought about it himself, and you saw some sort of manifestation of his thought of going to the bathroom.

or I'm thinking too hard.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Not only is it possible, it’s even possible to Ghost yourself!

I’m so glad someone finally asked this question. Let me tell you what happened to me.
The year is 1981 and I’m 5 years old. At this time in my life I was often told about my brother who is my mother’s son from another marriage. I never met him but always had ideas about what it would be like to meet him. He was 10 years older than me and I only occasionally saw him through pictures my mom had.

One day I was sitting at the end of a hallway in our house playing with a pillow. I heard my mom in the kitchen say “It’s ready.” Referring to dinner I heard my dad shut he car door for some reason outside and as I looked up at the end of the hallway I saw my brother just as I thought he would look peeking around the corner of the hallway at the other end toward the living room with this wild eyed look on his face. I immediately jumped up and started running to him saying..”Richard!...Richard!” Almost immediately he looked surprised then ducked back around the corner. As I came around the corner literally a second later no one was there.

I asked my mother where he was and she said he was living in Pennsylvania, I told her he was just here, and she laughed.

Now fast forward 10 or 11 years. I was 15 or 16 I don’t remember and I had just come back from a camp out with my uncle and his co workers. I came home and through my junk in the corner and laid down on the bed. Suddenly I felt like I was about to faint and then like I was EJECTED out of my body, like falling.
That’s the only way I can describe it. Even more than that like I was on a YoYo.

When I opened my eyes I was doing the impossible I was standing in the living room of our house from 1982. It was as real as literally being there. I felt the carpet on my feet and smelled what my mother was cooking. I remember trying to take it all in as I moved toward the kitchen to find my mom. I was almost in a panic. About that time I heard my mom say…”It’s ready.” Referring to what I guess was dinner and as I was about to pass the hall way I peeked around the corner to see if anyone was coming and saw….MY SELF at the end playing with this blue pillow with blue fringe. We locked eyes and my heart stopped, When I got up and came running toward myself exclaiming “Richard!” I about flipped the @$@# out and jumped back. When I did it was like I was slammed back into my body. I mean it knocked the breath out of me. I clearly remember yelling very loudly..WHAT THE F$@$ WAS THAT!!.........The reason I remember saying that is because my dad was outside in the flower bed picking weeds and yelled at me for cursing through my window. Lol..

I do not believe in out of body experiences per se, but then again I don’t know what the hell happened. All I know is that apparently I ghosted myself. Something I didn’t know about until I told my mom almost in a panic and she told me when I was 5 I had asked about my brother under the same circumstances.
All I know was this was markedly different than any dream I have ever had, it was real.
You don’t have to believe it, I still doubt it sometimes. But this confirms to me anyway that yes you can definitely see living ghosts.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Paulos

When I opened my eyes I was doing the impossible I was standing in the living room of our house from 1982. It was as real as literally being there. I felt the carpet on my feet and smelled what my mother was cooking. I remember trying to take it all in as I moved toward the kitchen to find my mom. I was almost in a panic. About that time I heard my mom say…”It’s ready.” Referring to what I guess was dinner and as I was about to pass the hall way I peeked around the corner to see if anyone was coming and saw….MY SELF at the end playing with this blue pillow with blue fringe. We locked eyes and my heart stopped, When I got up and came running toward myself exclaiming “Richard!” I about flipped the @$@# out and jumped back. When I did it was like I was slammed back into my body. I mean it knocked the breath out of me. I clearly remember yelling very loudly..WHAT THE F$@$ WAS THAT!!.........The reason I remember saying that is because my dad was outside in the flower bed picking weeds and yelled at me for cursing through my window. Lol..

This sounds a sweet sequel to The Butterfly Effect. Are you secretly working with Kutcher?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GLantern101

Wow, not that has me curious, I'm off to watch it online now to see if it really is similar to my story.
It's gonna be hard because I think kutchner is a douche bag, so we'll see how it goes.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Ha. Well it's decent the first time you see it I guess. You will have to agree that your story would make a cool twist to a sequel.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GLantern101

Ah, I see now, It's more of a time travel thing rather than ghost. Well it seemed ghostly enough to me.
The idea of time travel make it weirder in my opinion. I suppose ghosts could be people from all times.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As a few people above has said, he could have probably been projecting an Astral Body of himself. Maybe he knows how to do it, maybe he doesn't, people can still project even if they aren't conscious of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Damn... Double Post. Sorry.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Mizzijr because: DP

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

That is a very interesting story Snowen. In the beginning, it seemed like you remembered the incident when you were 5, playing with the pillow in the hallway, but then later on you make it sound as if (to me anyways) your mom told you about it when you were 15, after that incident. I am not trying to debunk nor downgrade your story in any way. It just seems to me that some of the details could only be in your mind.
Kinda hard to explain what i'm trying to say, but maybe after the incident happened when you were 15, those memories from that incident or dream, might now be memories, in your mind, of something that happened when you were 5.
Im sure this sounds confusing so im just gonna say it one other way. Is it possible that you had a dream when you were 15, and now your mind believes that the dream was an actual event from 10 years earlier?

It is a very cool story, true or not is something I would/could not know either way. Thx for sharing it and sorry if this in any way sounds like some sort of a slam, cuz its not

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
One time 3 of us experienced this at once. We were all working 3rd shift, and we saw this patient of ours, a very MR patient, go into the bathroom. He was in there a long time and we watched closely, all sitting out on the sofas facing the bathroom, and he did NOT come out.
One of us went in to check on him and he was not there. We freaked and started looking for him and he was in his bed totally and soundly sleep.

That was the first time I witnessed this. I have seen my son do it several times- I will see his ghost come out of his room. I tell my husband, Our son is fixing to wake up and go to the bathroom. 5-10 minutes later he will. I will see him walk down the hall to the kitchen. A few minutes later he comes out and does that. I see my son do it often.

I'm not sure if it is a time travel, astral projection or what, but I think it is an astral projection of sorts.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by Paulos

I didnt go up to him and say anything. Like I said hes pretty new and I have only spoke to him regarding work now and again. I wasnt going to go up to him and say "have you just been to the bathroom" I did though say to another work colleague that I was sure I saw him just go into the loo's. Thats when they said they were sure he hadnt moved from his desk. Even if they werent 100% sure he hadnt moved, it was strange how I followed him into the bathroom, then he dissappeared, and when I came back out hes sitting at his desk

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join