It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander almost shot hero that disarmed AZ shooter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
This is like the third or fourth thread on this topic. If you wish to contribute something to the discussion look those up.

Really... please show me the thread about a bystander almost shootng the hero and i will close this.. I cant find it..

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
guns are not the problem, its the people who carry them. Why must humans always ban everything that a few humans abuse? Get educated instead of just banning #. I rate more people die in car accidents than from guns, have we banned cars and roads yet?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva
guns are not the problem, its the people who carry them. Why must humans always ban everything that a few humans abuse? Get educated instead of just banning #. I rate more people die in car accidents than from guns, have we banned cars and roads yet?

yes fiar point but cars are made to transport people...guns made to kill...
kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

if you hate guns you hate the bill of rights. if you hate the bill of rights you hate america. bring your chalky ass to kansas city or STL and see how you feel about carrying a gun. seeing as how if guns were illegal all the criminals would still have theirs since most are stolen and illegal for them to have anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismos

if you hate guns you hate the bill of rights. if you hate the bill of rights you hate america. bring your chalky ass to kansas city or STL and see how you feel about carrying a gun. seeing as how if guns were illegal all the criminals would still have theirs since most are stolen and illegal for them to have anyway.

Cmon thats not making sense... from the above i can deduce that you are no more or less than a gun..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by CX

No the fact that he had a gun meant an innocent nearly died...

kx

NO. That's like saying I nearly got run over by a car today but luckily I used a crosswalk and the car was a mile away.

NO, the fact that he had a gun meant nobody else died.

NO. FACT. If it had been a legal requirement for everyone to carry a gun only one victim and the shooter would have died.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The right to bear arms should be a universal right throughout the world. There is no such thing as freedom in this day and age without the right to protect ones family and property with firearms if necessary.

Most people in western countries today can't get their head round the right to bear arms and that is because most of our countries never began as places where citizens were free. Most of us were and still are serfs so using a gun to protect ones freedom and to put food on the table when times are tough has always been alien.

It's sad that today's America is one where citizens often need guns for their own protection but that is another topic for another day.

Each man/woman is sovereign and as such has as much if not more right to bear arms as any government. I say don't disarm the people disarm the governments of this world.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

NO, the fact that he had a gun meant nobody else died.

No the fact hehad a gun meant the hero nearly died...

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

NO. That's like saying I nearly got run over by a car today but luckily I used a crosswalk and the car was a mile away.

evidently you have never worked on risk assesment...

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

What? No he didn't nearly died.
The closest he got to this guy dying was the guy with the concealed carriers saying he almost shot him. Not that he that the guy actually almost shot him, just said it.

Think of him as one of those "i'll whoop your ass patriots by mistake and have no regrets cuz i was servin' my country" patriots. He was just talking a big game. Think of scaring someone and then getting that over testosteroned answer "i almost kicked your ass." He is just talking, he didn't even draw his gun, I actually saw a report that it was locked open so it wasn't anywhere near being ready to fire.

Why the agenda?
Why are you so scared of people having guns?
You will never be shot by a person like the man in this story.

edit on 21-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by felonius

There are lots of secondary risks ascotiated with the medical proffesion. ALthough they try they dont always make you better. Infact they can kill you too....have you got a point you are trying to make?

The point I was making ist the one used by some feminist's about how men are violent, how a mans "appendage" is a weapon against women.

All sex is rape, all weapons equal murder.

The logic is the same.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Folks,

Lets ignore this little worm of a troll.

I had forgotten who she/he/it was. Lemer's choice of debate is "yeah, but".

Felonius, out.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
This is like the third or fourth thread on this topic. If you wish to contribute something to the discussion look those up.

Really... please show me the thread about a bystander almost shootng the hero and i will close this.. I cant find it..

kx

Do threads that people almost started count?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm sure youre a wonderful loving sensitive person,
and you have only good intent, guess what, youre not alone.
I listened and watched Joe talk several times about it, and he NEVER had his piece drawn down on anyone,
he has a brain, he uses it well, this approach youre taking is unneccessary and un-needed hype.
Like I said I'm sure youre wonderful, but way off on this one

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by zombiesC4

Guns are tools used for war.People make war

yes and people are a tool used in war too... What is your point here exactly...

kx
My point is guns are guns you will never get rid of them they will always be here

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread

The point I was making ist the one used by some feminist's about how men are violent, how a mans "appendage" is a weapon against women. All sex is rape, all weapons equal murder.

Thank you for your imformative reply. It is nice to see a egocentric thinking in a ecofeminist way. The true feminist movement is only just starting and it about how we relate our culture and ourselves to our mother planet. The industriliation of our home planet and our technocentric view points are bringing biosphere to the brink of collapse. This is the rape of the planet and such extremities are caused by our technocentric attitudes and our ultra egotistical society.
Feminstic socities are far more peaceful and you have to go back premetal age to find them. The removal of the worship of the phalic.. ie the gun will go a long way towards bringing peace to home. The freudian connection that you made between the gun...the pennis...and sex is a postive step towards understanding this process
We have been conditioned with the beleif system we have. But remember it is only a beleif system and it can change...

What kind of world do you want to life in..?

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Do threads that people almost started count?

Heck yeh in this multiverse we live in i guess anything is possible...

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

What because i think that guns are wepons of destruction and not wepons of peace.. I am a troll...
More like because you are making personal attacks because you have left to do..
Please remember it is only a debate there is no need to get upset because i have different views to you
on this subject. I am sure there are plenty of subjects we would agree on....

happy days

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Guns are just weapons. It is ludicrous to assign them a purpose or a motivation. They are inanimate. People decide how they are best used. So, if the data would backup your claims that guns are used more often for destruction, that would be evidence of the violent nature of humans, not guns. Also, it is almost impossible to gather data for guns used in promoting peace. If the gun worked, and the peace was protected, then there is no data to collect. The only time data exists, is if the gun didn't work as a peacekeeper and violence ensued anyway. In those violent encounters it is impossible to speculate how much more or less violence might have occurred without the guns.

Examples, an attempted mugging thwarted by an armed person. No crime data in statistics. A mugging where someone defends the victim with a gun, and the assailant ends up dead. 1 dead person, victim of a gun, but who is to say that 100's of lives were not saved as a result of killing that 1 assailant?

Sorry, but people are killed by hammers, rat poison, big macs, and anti-depressants. All of those things have uses as tools, but can also be used to cause harm. Guns are no different. They are inanimate tools. People are the ones we should worry about! And the people that take the time to get trained, and licensed, and pay top dollar for good, registered weapons, are not the people we need to worry about.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva

ditto

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join