It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander almost shot hero that disarmed AZ shooter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by purplemer

"writer"

Maybe you should not write any more until you've actually experienced something.

people that run out of factual information or are loosing the debate tend to resort to personal attacks....
poor show bud.. plz stick to the issue in hand....

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

In a battle of wits, I never fight someone who is only half-armed.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing

So how many people have to die before the gun control becomes effective?? Pun intended....looks like you shot yourself in the foot!!!!
With soooooooo many great countries out there that dont allow guns, but have very open & welcoming arms, why arent all the anti gun people going on to better places to live??
I was in Australia in 97 when they were doing the gun grab, I wish I would of had your secret self defense method when my apartment complex was robbed in the middle of the day, or when I was mistaken for an Englishman outside a bar and surrounded by a group of Maori party goers for beating one of them in a pool game. Or the poor kid down at the local movie house who lost part of his arm to the machette wielding robber who got away with $45.00.
I strongly urge you to write a book on how to "Cower & Cry without Getting killed while waiting for gun control to be come effective"
Its a bit long of a title, but Im sure someone like yourself will come up with a more colorful title that will sell, god knows libiral radio couldnt sell it for the seven yrs they tried before going bankrupt.

But until then Ill be keeping my racist, war causing, testosterone spewing guns. Dont be hateful because momma wouldnt let you have a Red Rider BB gun.

so what would you have done shot them lads for $45.00 if need be....

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

In a battle of wits, I never fight someone who is only half-armed.

Is that like dont fight an old man for he will kill you?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hhmmmmmmmmm robber comes in swingging a machette at me and demanding cash........
yep double tap, thank you very much!!!
Only having this fine American accent saved me from the bar group, but not all situations need a gun

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So when does this magical reversal occur? We are about fourteen years out from the ban and confiscation in England. Yet crime is still on the rise and the new booming busisness is private security for neighbor hoods. Communities are pooling their resources to hire private security because the crime rate has been climbing and the police refuse to respond.

According to the British Home Office violent crime has increased despite banning guns. If you look at the reported number of "violent acts against the person" the number was 492 per 100,000 people in 1997. In 2009-20010 the number was 1,574 per 100,000 people. That is more than a 300% increase in the 13 years following the banning and confiscation of guns.

When does taking guns away start to make people more safe? It isn't thirteen years later.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

well said

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You and I both know what point he was actually making.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

So when does this magical reversal occur? We are about fourteen years out from the ban and confiscation in England. Yet crime is still on the rise and the new booming busisness is private security for neighbor hoods. Communities are pooling their resources to hire private security because the crime rate has been climbing and the police refuse to respond.

According to the British Home Office violent crime has increased despite banning guns. If you look at the reported number of "violent acts against the person" the number was 492 per 100,000 people in 1997. In 2009-20010 the number was 1,574 per 100,000 people. That is more than a 300% increase in the 13 years following the banning and confiscation of guns.

When does taking guns away start to make people more safe? It isn't thirteen years later.

violent crime is not gun crime... your argument is flawed.. and btw guns have been heavlily restricted for a lot longer than 13 years in the uk.. were did you get that figure...

kx

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hhmmmmmmmmm robber comes in swingging a machette at me and demanding cash........
yep double tap, thank you very much!!!
Only having this fine American accent saved me from the bar group, but not all situations need a gun

what makes you judge and jury... evidently they were after money not trying to kill you.
If you had been carrying a gun two things may have happened either: off they went and you were dollars in or people got hurt or killed...really worth it for a small sum of money...
have more respect for life...

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by glome
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This isn't a gun rights issue, it's a common sense issue. Would more people carrying deadly weapons lead to a safer environment? No, almost certainly not. If you want to create a perpetual warzone, then let's everybody carry guns on us and see where that leads.

In practically every school of thought, people in modern societies have become more and more removed from each other; more distrustful. In this environment, a fully armed to bear populace would be a recipe for anarchy and violence.
edit on 20-1-2011 by glome because: added content

it is both a gun issue and a cultural issue...

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

bud it just dont work its messed up logic.. pro gun peeps say we need guns to defend and they keep the peace... using that logic we should arm every country with nuclear wepons so they can all defend themselves and keep the peace...
I wonder how long it would take to have a nuclear war if we done that...
its a flawed argument..

people that carry guns are more likely to be in violent conflict that is a fact

Get rid of the guns......

kx
edit on 20-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

we are trying to deny ignorance here right? ....hows is comparing a firearm to a WMD correct or credible, the problem I see that most anti gun people have is they believe banning guns will stop bad people from existing, it's illogical, and kinda like living in a fantasy land, we need practical solutions to curbing violence, not fantasy answers that can never exist, because violent people are the problem not guns, stopping violence is the answer not stopping self defense

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I see your to brain dead to see that I have value for life, at the given situation, "MY LIFE" so that makes me judge in jury and I dont really care if you like it. And considering you live someplace that doesnt allow you to value your own life, your words hold no merit in this topic, just a confused and angry mouth piece.
Maybe you enjoy being a victim or having what youve worked hard for to be taken away. But Im alot more selfish and plan on keeping my security and belongings. Funny thing is, Ive only been robbed when I didnt own a gun. Hell if it was leagal Id leave a gold chain trail leading into my house (My version of a Rat trap) for people whio think they have the right to go and bully and rob people.
If he will do it to me then he will do it to another and it doesnt stop, so killing someone coming at me with weapon in hand and the threat of using the weapon if I dont give up money that doesnt belong to them, ya Im ok with thinning that herd of people.
The fact that you think these people have rights and value for life is whats really freaking crazy here.
The guy in AZ had no reason for running into that mess considering how far away he was and what he "DIDNT" know about what was going on. Other then that, he did a picture perfect restraint and control of the situation he put himself in.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

1997 was the year of the ban and confiscation. Anti-gunners keep saying we will be safer when guns disappear. If we just ban guns then we will all be safer. That didn't happen in England. They banned handguns and since then crime has grown out of control.

In your second post of this thread you said, "Guns do not make peace. They make war zones..." It seems to me that England has become more like a violent war zone in the last thirteen years.

You still haven't answered any of my questions or actually presented any data to back your point. So let me ask you just one more time, what would you tell the hundreds of women that stop a rape, by resisting with a gun, every year? Would you tell them to just spread their legs and pray it wasn't too painfull? Would you tell them their their safety, pride, dignity, sense of self worth, sense of security, and most intimate body parts aren't that important? Would you have the nerve to say, "have more respect for life?"

When do people become safer? How is it any better to live in a country where you are 300% more likely to be robbed, beaten, stabbed, or raped?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Now now Mike.

Lets not interject the uncomfortable facts in to this discussion. lol.

You know anti-gun nuts; they've never seen a fact they liked LOL.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Stars for you, very,very well said.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

1997 was the year of the ban and confiscation. Anti-gunners keep saying we will be safer when guns disappear. If we just ban guns then we will all be safer. That didn't happen in England. They banned handguns and since then crime has grown out of control.

In your second post of this thread you said, "Guns do not make peace. They make war zones..." It seems to me that England has become more like a violent war zone in the last thirteen years.

You still haven't answered any of my questions or actually presented any data to back your point. So let me ask you just one more time, what would you tell the hundreds of women that stop a rape, by resisting with a gun, every year? Would you tell them to just spread their legs and pray it wasn't too painfull? Would you tell them their their safety, pride, dignity, sense of self worth, sense of security, and most intimate body parts aren't that important? Would you have the nerve to say, "have more respect for life?"

When do people become safer? How is it any better to live in a country where you are 300% more likely to be robbed, beaten, stabbed, or raped?

Im sorry you cannot make a balance between the above factors. There is more than one factor at play. It is like me comparing apples to pears. Youre axiom is incorrect and for this reason. Gun crime and culture and two different things. Your data proves nothing. Can you prove that that violent crime would have fallen if handguns remained in legal circulation...
No your date does not suscribe to that. 162000 handguns were removed from circulation and you are trying to suggest that is the reason for the apparent increase in crime..
Now onto your crime stats... where on earth did you get them from... 300 percent increase.
here this is for this year..

Recorded crime in England and Wales fell 7% in the year to the end of September 2010, official figures show

www.bbc.co.uk...

crime has been falling in the uk not going up.........

Now to your question about guns regarding the hundreds of women.....
rape is a far lesser crime compared to murder..

In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States, according to the latest national data released in 2002. That is one child every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)

www.neahin.org...

the data you provided was incorrect and your argument illogical.....

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

WOW I cant beleave you just said that. Now whos the judge and jury????

Bad form

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I see your to brain dead to see that I have value for life, at the given situation, "MY LIFE" so that makes me judge in jury and I dont really care if you like it. And considering you live someplace that doesnt allow you to value your own life, your words hold no merit in this topic, just a confused and angry mouth piece.
Maybe you enjoy being a victim or having what youve worked hard for to be taken away. But Im alot more selfish and plan on keeping my security and belongings. Funny thing is, Ive only been robbed when I didnt own a gun. Hell if it was leagal Id leave a gold chain trail leading into my house (My version of a Rat trap) for people whio think they have the right to go and bully and rob people.
If he will do it to me then he will do it to another and it doesnt stop, so killing someone coming at me with weapon in hand and the threat of using the weapon if I dont give up money that doesnt belong to them, ya Im ok with thinning that herd of people.
The fact that you think these people have rights and value for life is whats really freaking crazy here.
The guy in AZ had no reason for running into that mess considering how far away he was and what he "DIDNT" know about what was going on. Other then that, he did a picture perfect restraint and control of the situation he put himself in.

your response highlights the cultural problems inherent in some post mordern nations. You sir by your flagrent disgrard for life have just demonstrated why you do not deserve to own a gun...
the sooner your egotistic toys are removed from you the better....

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

WOW I cant beleave you just said that. Now whos the judge and jury????

Bad form

rape is considered a lesser crime compared to murder in most western countires..I was simply reflecting that in my statement...
Now if you think that murder is a less of a crime than rape...put your money where you mouth is present me with a case...

or skidadle off like most peeps do when they are loosing a debate on ats...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join