It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Exclusive Interview with Political Expert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is an exclusive interview with one of Hong Kong's leading experts on the reality behind the talk and bunk thrown around the political arena.

I posed several questions to a top Hong Kong expert on behind-the-scenes politics, who has lectured to Yale and Stanford professors, on what is perceived by the West as a developing crisis in Asia. Obviously, the big issue has been North Korea, and Chinese-Taiwan relationships.
Since this interview was about half an hour long, I'll be summarising.
On Taiwan-China, what most people dont know is that 60% of China's exports are controlled by Hong Kong or Taiwan people. As such, they need them to reinvest in industry and develop it, because the Mainland Chinese business men are too corrupt. Obviously, a big question has been posed about the US Carrier groups being sent out to Asia, and it is only a flex of the muscle, another little shouting match, but there will be no consequences of it. Taiwan's army has the military and technological edge over China, and as such, any invasion by China, lacking any serious navy, would result in their destruction. However, if China were to attack Taiwan, the US would not come to Taiwan's aid, as it's technically supposed to do, because of China and US' inherent dependancy on each other. The US also need China, because China has influence on North Korea, and can play North Korea the way America wants.
North Korea, another key issue, is believed only to be bluffing about nuclear weapons, because it gives it a platform to negotiate with the US to get what it wants.
The reason why China and Taiwan are investing so much in their microchip industries is because they are reliant on them for their military, as it all comes out of the military budget, which helps to produce CPUs that, if war comes, will have to be self-produced instead of relied on the US to provide, for the warring machines.
China is only using Taiwan as such a large funnel for aggression because it provides someone they can blame outside of their country, for their own failings, and as such, helps quieten the population.

On Iraq and Bush;
He thinks Bush will lose this election. Blair will resign in the coming week perhaps, after the Butler report comes out, with Mi6's criticisms of how Blair used the intelligence they provided. Iraq will be left to it's own devices very shortly, and the Taleban are re-taking control of Afghanistan, hence the rush to force the elections.

There'll be more when I can remember it.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by browha]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What was his name?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
He remains anonymous! Only John Bull 1 and I know who he is, and only I know who he is in real life.... well, Drunk knows him, but doesnt know he did this interview, until now....

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So there's no link, only ur word this is from the words of a political expert. Hrmm...maybe i'll call myself a political expert too....and talk about what i think is going on...

[edit on 11-7-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I took the interview myself, there is no article.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
hey, Drunk will vouch for me on this
He's right up there with Christine Loh and people in the Hong Kong political arena, works 2nd in charge for one of the richest business men in Asia, has frequently blown the government's plans out of the water for developments, etc... He's more of a political expert than most people willl ever be!
Anyway,
another bit I just remembered;
Yale and Harvard, etc, are opening up their 'blind needs' application process to include international students, because they have realized that by leaving it exclusively to American people, they are missing out on a big bit of culture. One of the main flaws of America in Iraq and Afghanistan is that they have no idea how the culture is, and which tribes are warring with each other, etc. Britian on the other hand, has held an empire, and as such, have had people in the local governments (India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Africa) who understand how the tribial systems work and who is warring with who, and as such, are able to fix the local problems. Yale and Harvard are now opening this up to allow more culturual experience in their universities to allow people to better help the US Government with understanding problems like what they have in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This was discussed with me prior to the interview taking place.

The source is genuine and an expert in his field and it offers an insite esp[ecially into matters concerning the far east.

JB1

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Why, thank you, John Bull 1 =)

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'd just like to say this is a source I know personally and who discussed the 'behind-the-scenes' plans of the survaillence aircraft crew a couple years ago that hit a chinese jet release details before they were officially released..
Not many people link the fact that Beijing were unexpectantly awarded the Olympics a few months after the prisoner release occured... He told me this a couple of weeks before it happened... It's the price your government pays..

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks!Mr.browha.You did a good job.And i hope we can know his name.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
that's for me, drunk, and John Bull 1 to know
hehe sorry =)

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Another follow up;
Regarding as to why America still has army groups in S. Korea, Japan, Germany, etc...
The answer is they produce 5 star generals, and a support fleet. By decomissioning asupport base, you lose a 5 Star General, an Admiral, and other high ranking staff. The army hierarchy shrinks down.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well the part about Blair resigning may be coming true - there is another threat on the board regarding this one. Very interesting info you've presented.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thank you! As I said, it's from a very credibile source whose been a key figure in Hong Kong and Asian politics for years and knows what he's talking about =)

df1

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
First we have "curveball" from the bush administration which turned out to be some punk high school kid related to Chalabi. Now ATS presents us with "fastball" which is probably Wen Jiabao's nephew who is a third grader at Shanghai elementry that once used the lavatories at several ivy league universities being passed off as a political expert.

Is it just me or do other folks have a problem with anonymous sources?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
For me this is not an anonymous source.

That is why it is up.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
people speaking on the condition of anonymity is one of the biggest tools used by News sources, magazines...etc.. Especially with lack of information being told to the public in these times, most info comes from Anon sources. If they released their names, they would in all likelyhood lose their jobs in most cases. It is up to you to decide who and what you can deem as credible.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well the thing is, for some of the mods on here, he isnt anonymous..
I know him very well in real life, and he's provided information that people not using anonymity would probably get sacked for telling..
This source is one of the most credible you can get, I'll throw my reputation out before he loses his credibility =p

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this Browha. Its a good read and am looking forward to hearing more from this report. It will be interesting to see what develops

Good read

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hehe =) Thanks..
If anyone has any more similar current affairs questions I'll be happy to ask them

top topics

<<   2 >>

join