It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DisInfo Agents And Other Sinister Figures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I was recently reading some threads here on ATS and clicking on the links
provided by posters. The poor grammar and spelling errors can be accepted
as it's our general way to make mistakes and also English is not everyone's
first language.

The verve that some people write is also a reason that some threads and posts
struggle to get their point over and again, that can be overlooked... it's the way
of the internet, I suppose.

The main issue I'm putting this thread out is to find some answers about terms
like 'Disinfo Agents'
I was recently accused of being one of these strange people... (I'm assuming they
are people and not aliens, demons or many other strange creatures mentioned here
on ATS)... and I realised there isn't anyway to prove that that I am not.

But is a 'Disinfo Agent' paid by an agency or Government to deny any OP's conspirital
view or is it just someone who disagrees with another and the words are merely used
as an insult?
I am fifty years-old and I live a simple life, I have never met anyone from the so-called
'shadows' of an agency or Government and this sort of supposed behavior must go on
without myself being able to see through the veil.

The idea that agencies or Governments are spraying the skies to either protect the
planet or to kill their fellow-man is one of the subjects that draws 'disinfo agent' shouts
and I was guessing that these 'disinfo' people don't work from a central office, so they
must sit at home and have the 'anti-people' information sent to them.
I'm not very good in regards with understanding computer-searching and may well be that
some of these strange characters can hide their locations from site owners and management.

When a view is shown about any subject here, the 'you-work-for-NWO' slur always raises
it's ugly head and I suppose that if these folk who disagree with the OP, must feel hurt...
I did.

But are these people young, old, married or single? Do 'Disinfo Agents' have friends and
have the burden of not being able to tell welcomed people around them? Their loved ones
must either not know that their trusted spouse, son or daughter are accepting the 'Queen's
Shilling' and doing the bidding of others or accept it and ergo, are involved.

The other part of my 'rant' is that it's accepted by many around this site that the 'mainstream
media' are 'in-on-it' or know the real truth -but proclaim by the means available to tell the
populations of their individual countries that anyone thinking that those in power are involved
in a world-wide conspiracy is a nut!... a weirdo.

But do these journalists have to sign an agreement when they acquire their qualifications to be
a journalist to not divulge what is really going on? Are they approached by somebody from a
Government or agencies and told that when writing about UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster or any
of the plethora of 'out-there' subjects, the 'rookie' Journalist must treat it with levity?

My final section of this 'grumbling' is in regards of wordsmithing.
When one sets out to show their view, the talent of getting the reader or viewer to accept certain
parts of the subject is done by using distraction, we emphasise parts of our comments with certain
key-words... 'strange craft, unknown object, Governments refused' can make our eyes move along
the page.
The parts that the writer wants the reader to accept with faith -are set within the sentence so
that the reader can somehow agree with the writer's 'proof-by-lateral sense' and therefore, the reader
needs to read or view more to seek the truth!

We all fall for it, it's our curiousty that have made us go so far and do so much, we seek the truth
to make us feel safer... like ducks following the dog along the riverbank, we need to keep it in our
view instead of running away from it.

So, I'll go and cash my 'Dis-Info Agent' cheque and prepare to derail some more subjects that are
considered by 'mainstream' media as whacky!
Damn!! I've given myself away.

What do others think?

edit on 20-1-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Missing text and sentence-rearranging.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Hey BIAD!

My opinion on this subject is pretty cut and dry. While there may, or may not be paid government agents posting to ATS, the vast majority of accusations towards posters being "disinfo" or "COINTELPRO" are born of bitterness over someone having lost a debate.

'Round these parts we have some folks who'd rather imagine you a secret government agent than to accept the notion that they might have been wrong.

Cest la vie... I've been called one many times and have yet to even get a job offer from TPTB. BTW PTB... I DO need a job!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Although I do not think it is productive to make accusations of posters being disinformation agents being paid to spread certain propaganda I certainly do believe that there are people out there that are in fact disinformation agents.

In any case there is enough evidence that certain lobby groups use software to post pro-whatevercausetheysupport posts or fight/debate any negative information about that cause.

If there are people that actually get paid... I don't know but I guess that it's probably the case.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yeah unfortunately it's normal on ATS. But the Dis-info label is only the start. You also get troll, sheeple & shill just to name a few. As Hef said it is partly due to some losing a debate & resorting to childish name calling! But others love to bandy those terms around just because someone has a different opinion to them! I call them the "Troll Card" "Dis-Info Agent Card" & "Government Shill" Cards! These people play them just like some play the "Race Card" if they don't agree!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hi Heff,
Is it a simple case of myself feeling insulted by being accused of something that
I don't appreciate? Maybe it's as you say, that it's a 'throwaway' slur for losing out
on a debate where one is supposed to accept the opposition's view that 'they're all
in on it!!'

The assumption that this site is a debate area seems to get lost along the way and
if you don't agree with someone, you're involved with a supposed NWO faction.
If such a party of people exist, wouldn't it occur that someone would have undeniable
evidence that these folk are doing all the dark and sinister things they are accused of?

So, is it assumed that the NWO people have loved ones who either agree with their
world-controlling endeavours or do they live with threats and fear from these suit-and-ties,
grey-haired white men!?

It's all a little 'above' me!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Thanks phatpackage, so it may be nothing more than school yard mud-slinging.
I've often pondered on whether such people believed that forces were at work to
thwart their word getting out and waited behind curtains with a hand pistol for a
black car to pull up outside!

I am also curious on why people come here and say they were involved in an
important UFO/JFK/Fake Moon Landing and the like-related event, providing
no evidence and then just fading away.
I imagine two or three young guys in T-shirts yukking it up in a bedroom with
SlipKnot posters on the walls and their parents watching TV downstairs!

I know I may come off as a little niave, but I do appreciate a prank as long as
it's revealed in the end. Sites such as this one may have gone to the wall because
of these simple acts and I wonder how many posters believed that it was a Government
-structured plot with men with rolled-up shirt sleeves and smoking heavily over computer
monitors.

edit on 20-1-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Spelling mistake!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

Cheers no special characters, that's the interest I have... who pays them? how do they
acquire the payments and if these folk exist, then are they paid with ready cash?
If not, then monies may well be placed in a bank account and I know from experience,
that bank accounts are monitored.

People who store money in banks that acquire the gains via crime, this I know to be true
because a trusted friend who worked in the police force and ran groups to thwart dug-dealers
used to meet up with a retiring Bank Manager and be introduced to the incoming guy.
Later, I believe police notification of any movement of monies from these accounts was
written into Bank Manager's contracts.

So are the Bank staff informed to ignore the monies in this supposed account?
If the person who is possibly a paid 'disinfo agent' is unemployed in the 'normal'
world, wouldn't the Tax Office and Unemployment agencies be asking questions?

So it must be assumed that -to avoid some pretty-young-thing on a Monday morning,
who works in one of the many monitoring system coming across these accounts,
there are policies and planning involved to make sure the 'secret people' stay secret!

It seems a little too complex just to attempt to dampen down a UFO story or ridicule
a Bigfoot sighting.
edit on 20-1-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Can't write for Toffee!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Don't let it bother you. This is the net. Take everything in but remember these people are looking for answers too. People think that if it does not go with what they are saying then you are trying to derail their thread. Even if you are making a legitimate but misunderstood statement. I am on a few people's rival list and it does not bother me. It makes me think that I struck a nerve that keeps on a tingling, kind of eating at them or something.

I am 32 years old and alot of what I read on ATS is from young kids that have not experienced much outside of their little computer space at home. I am in no way implying that I have seen or done it all, all I am saying is that with age comes knowledge, knowledge that comes from the old been there and done that saying. Do not let someone bother you to the point where it changes your attitude to a negative outlook on life beyond ATS. Let them think you are a agent or a shill or troll or something.

I am learning alot on how ATS operates and people mainly want info to back up your statement, not just speculation. Remember you are not alone. Keep your head up.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah BIAD, that's exactly what a Disinfo Agent would say...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I think there's a secret government agency that sensors the reporters and all the people at the scene of the incidents so when somebody gets in trouble or gets in a position to be on the news this team goes to the scene and erases memories and puts words in the reporters mouths and controls them and reports story for them they also clean up the scene and make a false reenactments

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Hey BIAD!

My opinion on this subject is pretty cut and dry. While there may, or may not be paid government agents posting to ATS, the vast majority of accusations towards posters being "disinfo" or "COINTELPRO" are born of bitterness over someone having lost a debate.

'Round these parts we have some folks who'd rather imagine you a secret government agent than to accept the notion that they might have been wrong.

Cest la vie... I've been called one many times and have yet to even get a job offer from TPTB. BTW PTB... I DO need a job!

~Heff

I've been accused of the same thing on multiple occasions. While it's nice to know that it's because I may have won a debate, I STILL WANT MY CHECK!

I'm gonna write my congress critter about this! HE'LL make those Shadow Agencies pay up! I've got all the proof I need to prove the case in several irate posts right here at ATS!

top topics

join