It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our television changing? TV commercials with a VERY deep message.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Hi Calstorm,

I've never tried purposely to refrain from watching tv, but your response is interesting.
Do you watch movies or anything, without commercials, or do you totally refrain from *everything* that a tv set can show?
Is the difference immense to the mind, once you stop?

In saying that, I very rarely watch tv anyway, nothing on it really holds my interest for long enough.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

i advise you to not watch tv, its not really a noticeable change, at least in my case, until it comes up in conversation with someone who watches tv daily. i have a vivid memory of a girl telling me she watched tv FOR THE COMMERCIALS, i was shocked...to me, commercials try to get you to buy something by exaggerating (lying) about it, it just doesnt compute for me

also the stuff that is on television seems to be manufactured to keep peoples minds off of other, more important issues...here in the US i literally cannot go 1 day without hearing about american idol or jersey shore...its quite sad, really

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Woah. These adverts are all creepy to say the least! The BBC one in particular just gave me the chills watching it, although there may not be anything sinister to it.
My advice to all ATS members is to avoid the TV at all costs, the advertising is blatant brainwashing, and many of the programmes are just that - they are programming you to think and feel certain ways. I am 19 and I stopped watching television a few years ago and it is very liberating to no longer be a slave to that box like the rest of my family and some of my friends. I obtain my news from sites like this and anywhere with credible sources, so I am not restricted to the narrow minded journalism of the MSM in my country.
Now all my TV is good for is playing my super nintendo..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I hope they're just accepting our existence and thus tailoring their ads to appeal to our demographic group, CT'ers are now recognised and directly sold to, wahey we've made it!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

My remote has a back button so I never watch adverts I just press the back button and watch a bit of my allotted back channel.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
NOW THIS is a deep message!!!!!! and a thread inits self

and this was aired by the bbc!!!
edit on 20-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

Yea the HULU comm. makes me laugh. The scion comm. seems strange but this bbc vid. takes the cake I cannot hear it but to see it referenece Zeta R. is

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

its just a video with an actress talking about nothing in particular...there is a behind the scenes version on ATS already with an interview of the aforementioned actress

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
second edit: I didn't mess the original post up, sorry guys having a shocking off day.
Yes the guy who uploaded this to youtube was called zeta reticulan and edited his name in while cutting off the last most important segment of the advert.

edit on 20-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
www.i4u.com...

NBC's online video service Hulu got some attention before the Super Bowl because they planted the message that the Hulu ad would reveal a secret.
Actor Alec Baldwin is starring in the Hulu Super Bowl 2009 commercial and plays an evil alien TV mogul Men in Black style explaining how TV takes over your life completely now as it also owns the Internet.

I wonder what they meant by reveal a secret.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

It may suprise you, but the same characteristics that make us creative types good at our advertising jobs (outsiderness, individualism, unconventional thought processes, etc.) are the same characteristics that draw us to sites like ATS.

As for the Hulu alien campaign, think about it this way. What target consumers would be most likely to watch shows streaming on the internet rather than TV? That's right - people like ATSers. Yes, those ads are targeted at you, the conspiracy theorists.
edit on 20-1-2011 by indianajoe77 because: changed word from artsy to creative

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancingBear

also the stuff that is on television seems to be manufactured to keep peoples minds off of other, more important issues...here in the US i literally cannot go 1 day without hearing about american idol or jersey shore...its quite sad, really

The times I do watch tv, I don't actually think it closes my mind off to the bigger issues at hand.
I like to think I am pretty aware of what goes on around me. I most definitely don't watch all day every day, but go many days without watching it at all.

Cutting it out of my life completely would be very easy for me to do I believe, but the reality is, I don't think the small amount of it that I do watch, has a huge affect on me. *shrugs*

I may take your advice one of these days though!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
People watch TV because they fear for their lives,
can we really blame them?

Take this example for instance.

While criticizing commercials in a conversation one person objects with
"don't do that. Many of these new film makers need a successful commercial
to break into making real movies. You're stifling new artists. In fact, if you see
a commercial that you like you _should_ tell people about it."

See how that works.
Not watching commercials = the destruction of art.
People watch TV and commercials like it is their job.

No one wants to be left out.
No one wants to be left behind.
No one wants to be a nobody in America.

In fact many people I talk too dream of being famous.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I agree that commercials have deep messages, and have for a very long time. Some examples are

1) McDonalds. It is so obvious that McDonalds has been involved in programming the minds of people for many many years. It affects people of all ages, but is especially influential in children. Look at their advertising campaigns. They teach outright that there is blatant government conspiracies and coverups. For instance if the Hamburgler really was stealing hamburgers why didn't Mayor McCheese arrest his butt outright rather than dance around and sing with a creepy clown? Look at some of this rock solid and very enlightening proof!
A) 'Hamburgler' has the same number of letters as 'Illuminati'.
B) 'Mayor McCheese' has the same number of letters as 'Saddam Hussein'.
C) 'Ronald McDonald' has the same number of letters as 'Black Operation'.
An accident? I think not. Now take into consideration that their mascot is a clown who uses black magic dust to change childrens perspectives of things in the commercials. Those in charge of the government know that most people, especially children suffer from Coulrophobia (fear of clowns), so who would argue with a clown? Obviously an evil, evil plot.
Don't get me started on that tally of how many people were served they display on their signs. Do you think it is a coincudence that they blatantly advertise that they have served 99 Billion People, which happens to be the EXACT same number of people who have died since the beginning of time?
McDonalds advertising is very dark, and has extremely deep meanings.
That's it. After lunch today I'm never having a quarter pounder again!

And another example of how companies are trying to twist the minds of children at a young age. SHowing children that they are inferior, and cannot in any way think for themselves. This company should be investigated immediately - The maker of Tootsie Pops. Look at this dialog which I secretly recorded of an advertisement by them.

(This is a direct quote from the commercial. I don't know how to put in the quote signs I see in other posts.)
Questioning Boy (Buddy Foster): Mr. Cow...
Mr. Cow (Frank Nelson): Yeeeeesss!!?
Boy: How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?!
Mr. Cow: I don't know, I always end up biting. Ask Mr. Fox, for he's much clever than I.
Questioning Boy: Mr. Fox, how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?!!
Mr. Fox (Paul Frees): Why don't you ask Mr. Turtle, for he's been around a lot longer than I?!? Me, heheh, I bite!
Questioning Boy: Mr. Turtle, how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
Mr. Turtle (Ralph James): I've never even made it without biting. Ask Mr. Owl, for he is the wisest of us all.
Questioning Boy: Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop!?
Mr. Owl (Paul Winchell): A good question. Let's find out. A One... A two-HOO... A tha-three..
(crunch sound effect)
Mr. Owl: A Three!

(End of quote.)

Now everyone knows that no way in heck it takes three licks to get to the center of a Tootsi Pop, but the children are led to believe that since they can't they need to be constantly instructed by those in charge.

Something needs to be done about this right now!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Indeed I always felt Macdonald's give a bad message, you have given a rather good analysis of it!
As for Tootsie Pop, I have never heard of them- gonna go google em

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
The Scion commercial definitely does its job. if it was an obvious car commercial from the beginning, i wouldn't of paid much attention to it. However, the demons and sheep kept me interested. Enough so that I felt I had no choice but to search it and now i know its for Toyota (I think i know that anyways). Also, I will most likely not be able to get that word out of my head for a lil while
and will forever associate it with Toyota

That commercial came off so sick and evil to me, I could not tell it was a car ad. The only kind of ad it looked like to me, was from NWO PTB types, telling humanity, "We hate you little livestock, and would like to kick your decapitated heads around, like they're footballs." THATS ALL.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
what's good about commercials, television etc. is that their effects have a short half-life. usually a couple of weeks of complete non-exposure can help allot in clearing your system.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't follow commercials I just absolutely despise them, the ones on TV and on the radio, I tune them out, until I feel my show-of-interest is back on. I only checked out these thread vids. And.....EW!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

Did u hear the end of the video? Her voice changes to a lower pitch and she starts speaking in an alien language known as -Sdrawkcab-!!! lol

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by calstorm

Hi Calstorm,

I've never tried purposely to refrain from watching tv, but your response is interesting.
Do you watch movies or anything, without commercials, or do you totally refrain from *everything* that a tv set can show?
Is the difference immense to the mind, once you stop?

In saying that, I very rarely watch tv anyway, nothing on it really holds my interest for long enough.

Once in a great great while I will watch a move. I did go to see Resident Evil Apocalypse, and before that I saw X-Files 2. Other than that I just don't have the desire to subject my self to that any more now that I can feel the difference.
Yes there is a huge difference in the way I think, the way I feel and the way I behave. I have more money too. The reason I have more money is I have become more content. My life is more satisfying more full. Not that I do more outside the home, but there is a lack of need. That's the best way I can put it. .A loss of an emptiness I didn't realize I had until it was gone. I am more aware of the emotion difference than I am the mental difference, but I think that is do to the fact that advertising plays on your emotions. A few months ago there was an incident that really stood out in my mind. I was in the passenger seat of a car and we drove by a large sign on a building that said "Chase Bank Coming soon" It was artful and eye catching and I found myself feeling excited and think "Oh wow, we are getting a chase bank!" and then immediately I was dumbfounded wondering what just came over me. I thought to myself " I am never going to use a Chase Bank, why do I care?" but then it was so obvious. The way the sign was designed it was supposed to do that. Every thing from the colors to the font to the logo, was meant to imply fun and exciting. The realization of how it impacted me was instantaneous, I don't believe that I would have even been aware of the impact if I was subjected to commercials all the time.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I haven't had a T.V.in 5 years,but I noticed some pretty weird stuff back then.Now I notice this stuff on what is left; architecture,newspapers and my computer.Example: to unsubscribe from gift cards from Olive Garden I can write to, Shades of Hades 5 Centerpoint Dr.Ste 400 Lake Oswego,Or. For IdealsUsa just click on [email protected] recently Tried to comment on a political news release and the L.A.newspaper said that you had to log onto facebook to comment.People actually logged on to bitch at them about it.It sure does seem that the powers that be are blatently rubbing it in that they are in control of your lives.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join