It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW 2011, US Government acknowledges UFO's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is true? So please take no offense, I was searching US Government sites when I stumbled upon this I have read it but I am a little puzzled to if this is an official acknowlegement or ??

The site is authentic .gov is a US Government issued web page.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
summary is some guy invented some orb thing that could communicate like whales to save downed soldiers...and then did balloon experiments to launch said orbs and spy on Russians...and this is the reason for Roswell bc it was his balloon that crashed and was recovered...

idk aliens are a more likely scenario imo... plus at the bottom of the page the author states

"I suggest the following answer: the people who continue to believe that Project Mogul never happened, probably don't understand the remarkable science of the ocean and atmosphere sound channels. I could not have invented such a wonderful story. It has too many amazing details. In contrast, it is relatively easy to make up stories about flying saucers. Those don't require much imagination. So here is my hypothesis: it is possible to distinguish the truth by the fact that it is more fascinating!

Of course, I might be lying."

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
From what I read there it looks like the author is using the science behind project mogul to debunk the Roswell incedent. He is basically reasoning that because many who research that commonly try to say that Project Mogul wasn't real. So the author of the page is explaining the simplicity and history of the physics behind it to debunk. What else would you expect from a .gov site.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Okay thanks everyone, I thought that was what he was getting at.

Case solved

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerman

yep, shes pretty much a bullsh*(t argument that is comparing apples to peanuts...
I see also the project mogul date for detecting the rusky a blast is 1949 so thats a couple years later anyways.
There are just too many live witnesses to discount this story off hand....There were other crashed saucers involved(at least one)
Our first crude attempts to communicate with them....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It may be a .gov site, but its from the Dept of Energy, the Lawrence Berkeley Natl Lab.
and its one of the physics professors personal sites on the domain.

here is the professor's page, looks very sophomoric dont you think?

page

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerman

You looking for official Government UFO files?

Lots of em here

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Saw them ages ago, along with the FBI, CIA and DoD files, thanks anyway

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is not acknowledgement of anything on behalf of the U.S. government. This is merely another in a long line of utterly pathetic explanations for the events surrounding the Roswell incident. I have lost count of the number of excuses and explanations that have come out of the U.S. for this one incident, and it in no way tallies up with the other incidents of crashes and contact that have occured. This roundabout explanation means nothing, but cleverly (I suppose) it contains plenty of real fact. Following up the extremely interesting and educational essay on sound wave manipulation and the cold war (christ they really are trying arent they?) with the actual explanation is like burying a turd under seven inches of cheesecake. Hell, everyone loves cheesecake, but you have to hope to god no one notices that turd. Well guess what? Im not fooled. THIS IS NOT A BISCUIT BASE PEOPLE!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The U.S. Government has ALWAYS acknowledged UFOs...

However, it hasn't acknowledged WHAT the UFOs are, other than to state that the phenomenon doesn't pose a threat to national security....officially. The government was very interested in the subject, with projects Sign, Grudge, Bluebook, etc. to study it. The official stance after this seems to be explaining away the cases, and establishing an aura of ridicule around the subject. (from various closed door committees' reports that later became public).

new topics

top topics

join