It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big red object in the newmexico sky!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

I am being serious here. Maybe there is some project bluebeam type of expeimenting going on here. I know that people debunked this or whatever. But this could quite possibly be some huge optical illusion of some sort for some reason. A test of some kind. Just another theory to throw out there, this is ATS after all.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

hard to say! it was stationary and really bright so i would assume it was in space
wasnt a plane,wasnt a ufo it didnt fly
edit on 20-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

however given how bright it was it could have been in our astmosphere
edit on 20-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

i believe that see my thread here! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

That is crazy. I remember that thread. I was writing a reply saying that I was bored and what the hel- he was taliking about. They removed that thread super fast. Crazy

All I could remember was the codex so I spent a couple of hours on other codex threads. Sorry off topic.
edit on 20-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Im gonna be the first to ask it...

Are you SURE it wasnt an UFO? Like a mothership size ufo?
Was it moving- at all?
Was it stationary?
How long did it stay there?
How "Big" was it?
How "Far" away did it seem?

Why didnt you stay there and watch it longer?
Why didnt you record video?

Ive seen objects similiar like stars- but they were ufos in the sky before and Ive video taped them for hours.
its fantastical, and overwhelming so I totally understand the gravity of it

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Im gonna be the first to ask it...

Are you SURE it wasnt an UFO? Like a mothership size ufo?
Was it moving- at all?
Was it stationary?
How long did it stay there?
How "Big" was it?
How "Far" away did it seem?

Why didnt you stay there and watch it longer?
Why didnt you record video?

Ive seen objects similiar like stars- but they were ufos in the sky before and Ive video taped them for hours.
its fantastical, and overwhelming so I totally understand the gravity of it

1. no im not to sure what it is at all, that is why i didnt put the answer in the title...
2. no it was stationary
3. saw it at about 4 am watched until the sun rose then contrails covered it
4. look at the photo give u pretty good idea
5. see answer to question 3
6. because all i had was a cell phone without record option

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So in comparrison to the size of stars- was it twice the size? three times? four times? It looks huge?
The reason I ask is because most of the UFO's are that high up tend to be the size of stars from our vantage points or a little bit bigger. Being that it looks so much bigger. Im assuming that ship could of been the size of 2 or 3 football stadiums!

edit on 20-1-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

i would say it was @least 3x the size of a star

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

To me it looks like an out of focus picture of the red light at the top of a small tower (say a radio mast) with white streetlight in the foreground to the left...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The time is 4:03 AM. I took some pictures of this event. Im located in New Mexico. There is what appears to be a red star, but there is somthing also behined this red star. I dont know what it is though. It very close to the red star. according to the star shart on page 2 or 3 where the op said he had seen it. I can confirm that.

Now the photos I took are 1 min, exposures with 37X times zoom, some at 30 sec, expousers. It was so hard to get these photos even on a tripod. they still came out a little blurry. but you can see the object is red. what you can not see is what is behined it with the naked eye. thats I why I took long exposures. The photo were taken around 3 am , with exif ,date time stamp i think was on. I took the photos at 3am because the moon is bright and did not want to wash out the photos with to much moon light.

Im so tired Im going to bed. but I will upload these to a web page, you guys can compare . I will upload them later today at the full 10Mpx.

Sorry. Im just tired and this is going to take some time uploading.

as of right now I i dont see the red object, it so washed out with moon light. the time is 4:20 am now I tried a while ago and the 4 am photos are all washed with super bright moon light and cant see a thing. the 3 am photos look much better.

I did not spell check. Im off to bed
edit on 20-1-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If this is the real deal then its both exciting and slightly scary. However if it was a planet or large star wouldnt the thousands of amature star gazers and astronomers have noticed it, tried to find out what it was, and it would have been all over the news. saying that Im in the northern hemisphere so Ill be looking out tonight
I Was actually looking at the moon and stars last night because it so clear, but didnt see any red light
edit on 20-1-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have to start looking up at the sky a little more with a camera near by. It seems that every year there are more and more UFO sightings.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Any pics of people watching that bright object in the sky?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well, here in Berkeley between 4-5 a.m. I saw the Moon and Castor and Pollux, that's all, nothing red anywhere.

The sun is coming up and I must hit the feathers and fleece.

byebyeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Has anyone else seen this?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i'm in central texas but i'm sooo not a morning person. there's no way i can get up that early to look. i'm fascinated by this.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I see alot of the posters are from Texas,me to i am in lampasas,which part of Texas did someone see this in?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm no expert and have no idea what a supernova would look like from our perspective, is there any chance this could be one?

Can't help but to think of it. Especially after reading stuff like this

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
Apparently Betelgeuse in the Constellation Orion is about to go supernova and give Earth a second sun for a few weeks. The exploding star will be visible as the size of the Sun.

Could it be the supernova of a smaller or more distant star?
edit on 20-1-2011 by goochball because: quote

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join