It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore-A few quotes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
Yes, the quotes speak for themselves. But you don't explain why people would be offended. You just say it's pretty understandable. Well, I am not offended by any of the quotes, [edit on 7/11/2004 by donguillermo]

WOW! What a shocker... Why would you be offended, you're on the same (wrong) side of the issues as Moore[on]. A more important question is if you agree with Moore and support these quotes, why are you still living in the United States? Countries like Cuba, China or North Korea might suit you much better.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
EDIT: I think this threads has way too much immature name calling.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by curme]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I pay no mind to people who complain and offer no solutions. I don't see a reason why anyone does. A complainer does only one thing. Points out issues to people. Once he's done that he has two choices. Either be helpful and offer suggestions on how to fix things or move your rear end over and let other people contribute ideas on how to fix things.

I think what's funnier than Moore's quotes is the fact that they shock you. Those of you who are surprised to see Moore calling victims of murder "scaredy cats" are either living in a box or are slow. Equally slow are those of you who claim Moore to be "real."

Why do I say this? Because Moore is one thing and one thing only, a sensationalist complainer. Period.
Does he bring up valid issues? ABSOLUTELY!!!!
But that's not good enough. In addition to the issues he legitimately points out Moore has an unbelievably intense hatred in him. Not just for Bush, not just for Conservatives, not just for Republicans. He has a hatred for "The man". Funny, isn't it, how someone who is making millions through movies and books has such a hatred for a system he himself bleeds dry.

If Michael Moore hates the American people and the American way of life and the way that rich people exploit poor people and the way that we nasty rich white people brutalize the rest of the world then I have a suggestion for him. Put up or shut up. You just made millions off a PR operation. Do something useful with your money. You think wealthy and influential people are the devil and out to kill and enslave everyone else, so why be one yourself. Donate your millions to people living in poverty in the United States. Show that you are more interested in helping people than your rivals. What a difference that would make. To move from a complainer to a doer.

Until some kind of development like that occurs Moore is a sensationalist. He makes bizarre hateful comments so people notice him. So people talk about him. So his message spreads further. It's brilliant tactics and amazing that people don't get it.

Real? More like good... real good.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why don't we get Micheal Moore registered as a "527" organization...then get his movie jerked from the Movie theatres? I can't believe that Kerry and his crue whine about the Swift Boat ad, which is 15 seconds long, and do nothing...NOTHING...about Micheal's Fahrenheit 911, which Moore admits was conceived and produced as an anti-Bush piece. How long is his movie? An hour and 40 minutes??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join