It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Bill To Make Citizens Donate Organs By Default In Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How do you feel about Organ Donation and proctecting your privacy there of? Is this a right thing to do? Or do you think that this is unlawful?

AP

Huffington Post

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Unlawful. It should be a choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Who owns the corpse?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

Its just a reversal of what all states have in place now. Instead of signing the back to be an organ donor, when you get your license renewed you just opt out of it.

Its not being forced on anyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Go ahead and take my organs without my consent. Fair warning though. They might be HIV infected.

Just one example why this law is assinine.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Its just a reversal of what all states have in place now. Instead of signing the back to be an organ donor, when you get your license renewed you just opt out of it.

Its not being forced on anyone.

If you have to specifically opt out of it. Then you are definately being forced by default.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Something as significant as organ reallocation should be more explicit and not a default.

And I thought government imposed income redistribution was bad...organ redistribution, forget it.

When will those in government stop treating people as objects and start treating them like humans?

edit on 19-1-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

and when will the people stop being apathetic about reading and signing on the dotted line? If you dont want to donate, then opt out. If you want to donate, then your set. Just because most Americans are slack jawed lazy asses does not mean the Government is pulling one over on them.

Take the time and be responsible.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well theres alot of help that organ donation can do to someone who needs it, However there is also big business in Organ Harvesting as well. And I have a feeling it is more about the revenue it generates that the help it actually gives.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Following that premise, why stop at organ harvesting then? Why not default charitable donation, default voting, default military service (draft registration), or default approval for government searches?

Answer: Because anything that is taken away from someone should not be by default but by explicit consent.

It isn't about being lazy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

There is also a large car theft problem, bank robbery, shootings, muggings, assaults, rapes etc. My point is there is danger in everything you do, coupled with uncertainty.

I applaud those who choose to donate organs. To me its one of the rarest gifts a person can give. In their death, they offer the hope of life to others.

As far as diseases and what not, its all screened and test before being sent out and placed into someone. Although just like anything mistakes happen. If you dont want to donate, then opt out. No one will think any differently of you, as its your choice. But denying a person a 2nd chance at life because of paranoia towards the Government is punishing the wrong party.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolf321

and when will the people stop being apathetic about reading and signing on the dotted line? If you dont want to donate, then opt out. If you want to donate, then your set. Just because most Americans are slack jawed lazy asses does not mean the Government is pulling one over on them.

Take the time and be responsible.

Ok. You take the organs from the HIV positive, herion addict, drunk driver, that is full of genetic disorders, homeless person down the street. Because that's what's gonna happen if not.

People can sign on the dotted line to do a simple thing as vote. DO THEY?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well sure if you want to compare apples to transmission. Nothing is being taken and as a matter of fact its being given with the full consent of the organ owner.

Again, opt out if you dont want your organs to go to other people. If you want to donate, then donate. By the way the other examples you gave are all voluntary as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Respectfully,

Any way you can change the title of the thread over to something more in line with the articles you linked? The manner its phrased it comes across as the State is forcing people to donate organs, and that is not the case, nor is it stated in the 2 articles.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

The examples I gave are "explicitly" voluntary. It isn't the governments place to set a default choice of 'yes' for donations, service, voting or anything that would take from the party involved and given to another, or removed all together (i.e. rights.)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Respectfully,

Any way you can change the title of the thread over to something more in line with the articles you linked? The manner its phrased it comes across as the State is forcing people to donate organs, and that is not the case, nor is it stated in the 2 articles.

No time ran out...Sorry

As for the articles you say that do not state anything similar to my title.. This is the Headline for AP

"Bill would make Coloradans organ donors by default" Coloradans, citizens of Colorado. Seems like I am fairly accurate on that.

How ever my first comment in the thread was worded wrong.

I said...."How do you feel about Organ Donation and proctecting your privacy there of? Is this a right thing to do? Or do you think that this is unlawful?"

When I should have said "How do you feel about Organ Donation by Default and proctecting your privacy there of? Is this a right thing to do? Or do you think that this is unlawful"?

Respectfully
edit on 20-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Be careful about turning organ donation into a conspiracy.

It may make for interesting conspiracy fodder for you now, but one day soon you or a loved one may be affected by any number of unpredictable diseases and injuries that require an organ transplant. When you're waiting on that miracle organ to materialize and save your (or your loved one's) life, you may regret having spread irrational fears and baseless motives for not fully supporting organ donation. Do a little research from some sources that aren't conspiracy websites, and you will find that organ donation in the US is highly monitored and scrutinized for any impropriety, real or perceived, and does not ever value an organ over the human that would donate it, ever. Never ever.

I have had both a sibling and a friend die of complications from transplants. This is a very, very hot topic for some people, and I would caution you to use the utmost restraint and respect for the subject matter, as it may very well affect you someday.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

No ones making a conspiracy here...The question was if it should be mandatory and set as a default. Like it or not it is big business. My license states that I am an organ donor, How ever I do not believe it should be mandatory.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
reply to post by 00nunya00

No ones making a conspiracy here...The question was if it should be mandatory and set as a default. Like it or not it is big business. My license states that I am an organ donor, How ever I do not believe it should be mandatory.

I was not referring to the OP, but rather the conspiratorial tones of "organ redistribution" equated to "wealth redistribution" as injected earlier in the thread. My post was not intended to call anyone out specifically, but rather to serve as a general reminder that discussions here turn to conspiracy rather quickly, and to be very careful about taking it in that direction.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Wolf321

and when will the people stop being apathetic about reading and signing on the dotted line?

I'll not get into the rest of your rant. The dotted line though has no business being near anyones organs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join