It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400-strong wolf pack(killing every in it's path)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
rt.com...

"Some 400 hungry wolves in the Siberian Republic Sokha have banded together to hunt deer and horses. About 30 horses have been killed by wolves over the last few days. Locals fear that the dangerous animals may attack humans too.
­“We have gathered 24 hunting parties to patrol the neighborhood on showmobiles. We also set traps. Using poison against wolves is forbidden though. When daytime becomes long enough, the hunters will shoot the predators from helicopters,” said a spokesman for the administration of the Verhnoyarsky region, where the wolf pack lives, as cited by Interfax news agency.

It is unusual for wolves to gather in such numbers or hunt large animal like horses. However the population of their usual prey, rabbits, has decreased this year due to lack of food, so wolves have changed their habits.

Authorities have also set a bounty for wolf pelts, paying some $330 for one."

This is strange for a pack of this size.does anyone now what the average size of a pack is?.And do animals ban together like this in times of trouble..

edit on 19-1-2011 by alchemist2012 because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: fixed link and...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 19-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Ah, so the wolves have now learned the lesson of mass blobbing... something I learned in EVE Online. If 5 drakes aren't enough to take you down... how about one hundred

edit on 19-1-2011 by Elzon because: What a strange word "hundred", the english language is weird isn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That is crazy! I have never seen a wolf here in Pennsylvania

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a clip out of a post apocalyptic movie that hasn't been made yet............. If they did attack in a pack of 400... you'd need more than a few towns folk and bolt action rifle though.

I feel dumb for not knowing this, but wolves are HUGE ANIMALS........ check the ones we have out here in Idaho!
Hope the link works.

i474.photobucket.com...
edit on 19-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The link doesn't appear to be working.

And has this been covered anywhere else?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

when the ele is up they nature knows how to protect its most strongest for them to survive. So they are preparing for food shortage NATURALLY. ITS ELECTROMAGNETIC

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That is strange

Most wolfpacks are about 6 to less than tweenty.........anymore would make it hard to feed in a given area. This depends on the availble game, size of the area, etc. It would seem like they would split bup not band togather.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

I put a new link up.... see if that works........ kinda new to adding stuff to comments. The wolves around here average around 130 lbs and can get bigger, I used to think they were like coyotes, but these wolves can easily kill a man. Scary.

Idaho Wolf
edit on 19-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

Are you sure? Maybe they cannot smell the pie in your window

There are coyots..
edit on 1/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know that this huge pack and this news article are not related, but the timing is AMAZING!

From Spaceweather.com:

"FULL WOLF MOON: Can you hear the howls? According to folklore, tonight's full Moon is the "Wolf Moon," named long ago by Native Americans after the singing packs of wolves they heard during the winter month of January. After nightfall, go outside for a beautiful view--and don't forget to listen carefully, too."

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

that ! is a big wolf ! no way that is real

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The four(hundred) horsemen?

link   
They have probably heard all about the mass deaths and decided to join ranks, power in numbers. Sounds scary though, 400, gosh. 40 would be bad enough, but four hundred. Are we sure it is not a typo or something?

Tomorrows news will be, 400 wolves found dead, scientists are trying to figure out, the cause.

Found a link to the story.

rt.com...
Joking aside. I do think they are a beautiful creature, magestic
edit on 19/1/2011 by lewtra because: to add something

edit on 19/1/2011 by lewtra because: add a bit more...

edit on 19/1/2011 by lewtra because: spelling.lol

link   

Oh no 400 hundred wolves and in a pack. And they will shoot them with a machine gun from helicopter? How uninteresting the modern world is.

In old days they would ride to nearby lands to look for the bravest men - the most skilled hunters who would then face wolves in open field or forest. Armed with bows - they would stand against a horde of wolves. In the previous night traps would have been made from wood and ropes.

Ok, enough dreaming? *sound of a machine gun* dadadadadadaa What 400 wolves? Where? You mean 400 dead wolves?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Edit: deleted.
edit on 19/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by 11PB11

that ! is a big wolf ! no way that is real

I put up another picture of another Wolf that has an article......... it's true, I was amazed too. Like I said, I never knew wolves got this big........ I've seen plenty of coyotes in the wild and thought, Oh I could just kick them or beat them with a branch if they attacked..... but that wouldn't do for these size wolves. lol It's real, and scary.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: because I can

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

I'm in Harrisburg and seen a few around here.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds

The link doesn't appear to be working.

And has this been covered anywhere else?

Here's one:

themoscownews.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

130lbs Damn that is a big animal. The jaw power must be phenomal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join