It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400-strong wolf pack(killing every in it's path)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Advantage

I suppose its possible the story is BS - let's hope so for the sake of the wolves and all kind!

Well, one thing I didnt consider.. maybe it isnt a "pack".. wrong terminology was used. Could be an exodus.. and thats happened before. Earthquake activity or something similar.. it would cause an exodus I imagine if sulfur contaminated the water and methane the air.. have they mentioned any other animals in groups in the area??

Hell, who knows.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If this story is true (and thats a mighty big if) there may be some otherworldly forces at play or maybe something scared / drove all the wolves into one area and it now looks like a giant pack where there are actually just a lot of small packs in one area. Or it could just be complete and utter BS. I'm leaning towards this story is just one big over exaggeration.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Been doing some research since i posted the article sorry about the link guys.But seems like something is up,didnt they say the north pole was headed in that direction?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Seems the record for the largest pack was 37 in minnesota.so this one is pretty huge

I find 400 hundred in one pack hard to believe, wolves have a social structure, one female and one male in charge. Changing their prey and hunting patterns I believe.

I wonder though if in times of stress they get a kind of "mob mentality" and work as a large group.

I agree 400 hunting together is pretty far out there...

From what I understand packs will kill other packs in times of food stress.

edit on 19-1-2011 by alchemist2012 because: new info

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Seems the record for the largest pack was 37 in minnesota.so this one is pretty huge

Im really no expert, but Ive heard of packs larger than 37.. but they are mainly joined packs. SOmetimes they will join temporarily.. very tentative thing I imagine though given their nature. Ive seen regular old dog packs MUCH larger than 37 truthfully. Its just a different thing with the wolves. Thats what makes this story so strange it makes me think its untrue. Like I said though, if its true.. thats some bad voodoo... IMO.

I think the key to it is figuring out if there are any other movements of med and large mammals in the area. If there is a pack of 400 in reality, there WILL be movement of other groups of prey and predator. That kind of pack would totally fubar the whole food chain in the area.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I believe that is correct - magnetic pole shift in the direction of Russia!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

But how would a pole shift make them form such a huge pack.I also thought that wolves were driven by lunar cycles(just asking)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But how would a pole shift make them form such a huge pack.I also thought that wolves were driven by lunar cycles(just asking)

They are solely driven by food source.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

I think you stated in a early post about herds of other animal migrations also,is it possible that something drove them to form the mega-pack???

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
...i dont believe it and cant find any sources that verify the story... is rt.com russia's version of the national enquirer or world nut daily?... looks that way...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think you stated in a early post about herds of other animal migrations also,is it possible that something drove them to form the mega-pack???

ALl I can think of is something scaring them off.. but even then that doesntmake sense. If it was something like I mentioned... methane or sulfur involved in an earthquake .. Id imagine that other animals would be involved in the exodus of the area and that would have been witnessed and reported too.

I just really cant believe that this is true. I mean I have been wrong about PLENTY of things Ive read on here.. but this is just so left field. **shrug** Its the number of a pack that I find completely impossible.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i dont believe it and cant find any sources that verify the story... is rt.com russia's version of the national enquirer or world nut daily?... looks that way...

Ugh.. okay. I had no idea that tr was tabloidish.

Whew.. GLAD its BS!! its kind of a scary thing to really think of.. the impossible seems to be more possible these days and its pretty easy to be more accepting of things that we'd once have laughed off.

OP dont feel too bad.. thats why I love ATS. We can actually confirm things and have the opportunity to discuss the impossible!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Whew.. GLAD its BS!! its kind of a scary thing to really think of..

...just to make it clear - i didnt say it was for sure tabloid bs... i said it looked that way since there are no confirming articles... on something this big, there should be lots of different articles about it and photos and tv news clips... theres nothing except the same very short rt.com story over and over...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Whew.. GLAD its BS!! its kind of a scary thing to really think of.. the impossible seems to be more possible these days and its pretty easy to be more accepting of things that we'd once have laughed off.

OP dont feel too bad.. thats why I love ATS. We can actually confirm things and have the opportunity to discuss the impossible!

I dont feel bad just posting a odd article i saw

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They said this 400 pack of wolves were rumored and they might be the cause of 20 plus horses found dead. I still can't believe a pack would be this large unless the food source was gone in all directions for many, many miles!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmmm, Something not right with the whole story! Let me just give my first clue. Picture of women who had supposedly shot wolf. - Now I am an avid huntress - - I know first hand when you have shot an animal, it bleeds - picture shows no blood in any fatal area - and - if the exit wound from the bullet (which would be the larger area) were on the side facing the woman,, -- well, she wouldn't have it pulled up so close to her - and - sorry folks you would see that -- and, she is showing no sign of stress from holding an animal larger than herself --- sorry --- photo shop!!! just to start the debunking. Then, there is no way a pack of 400 could sub stain themselves as a pack - sorry, just not going to happen - food issues, domination issues etc. - this story stinks of BS.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I didn't see a pic of a Russian woman with a wolf on this thread. Someone posted a pic of a big wolf in front of a man and the wolf appeared dead but no blood - I think the poster said it was in Idaho! Your probably very right about it being BS but I would like to see the pic if available. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i would think there would be some other articles about this if it was real. i can't find anything. i'm pretty skeptical this story is real.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I hope they are not reporting this so they have an excuse to kill every wolf they see, now that would anger me greatly!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its strange knowing that we domesticated these large creature's ancestors and turned them into Chihuahua's and poodles.

Evolution sure is strange sometimes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join