It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Beastie Boys movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just heard about this new movie today. Its called Fight For Your Right Revisited. Apparently Mike D, Adrock and MCA will be played by Will Ferrell, John C Reilly and Jack Black. I'm going to have to check this one out.

Beastie
edit on 19-1-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavis

That sounds soo awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm trying to find a trailer for it but not having any luck. If somebody finds one could you post it?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Are you sure they are playing the Beastie Boys? The article says they will have a roll to play in the movie. If this is true about them playing the boys themselves, why? They should just let the band members be themselves. They can act. Look at Sabotage - pure genius!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

While the exact plot remains under wraps, the film will serve as a music video for the album track “Make Some Noise” according to Mike D. And thanks to IMDB.com, we now know the film’s complete cast and it’s a veritble who’s who of Hollywood A-listers. For one, it apparently takes two movie stars to play one Beastie Boy; both Elijah Wood and Will Ferrell will play Ad-Rock, Danny McBride and John C. Reilly will fill the role of MCA, and Seth Rogen and Jack Black will handle Mike D

Source
Beastie

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavis

Ahhh completely missed that - my bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

This is on ]top of my movie list along with the Last Dragon remake starring Samuel L. Jackson as Shonuff.

John Davis of Davis Entertainment and Kerry Gordy (son to the original film's producer, and Motown creator, Berry Gordy) will co-produce along with RZA, and Dallas Jackson (head of the label, DJ Classicz) has already written a script. Back in October, Monika brought us the news that Samuel L. Jackson would be taking over the role of Sho'nuff (originally played by the late Julius Carry), but so far, there is no word on casting; namely who would be taking over for Taimak in the lead.

source
shonuff

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavis

Nice, that sounds pretty awesome too. I love Samuel Jackson!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was just looking through the movie forum and stumbled across this thread. I definitely wanna see this. It is just a short film however. Only 30 minutes but that's better than nothing. Here's a review of it.

screencrave.com...

I'm sure it won't be long before, as the end of that article suggests-

When this thing hits the interwebs, it’ll go viral and you’ll be able to watch it over and over again. Believe me, you will want to.

top topics

join