It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth without Love is earth Doomed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I'm just curious, and perhaps I'm opening a can of worms by asking, but . . . ^^0 Why do you place blame on a whole gender? Rather than individuals who have wronged you, though they happened to be female (guessing)?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by andy1033

People are people, are individuals, they cannot be stereotypically grouped in that way. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a person. But please, recognize the insanity of what you're saying with the label "female", that's just ignorant and foolish, c'mon, don't be absurd.

Edit: That said, some females can be manipulative for purely selfish gain, which is the anthesis of love ie: they can fake love at will and sell it to the male who will take it at face value as love, when it's not love at all, many women are masters in this regard, and so it's wise to be very careful and very discerning, something us men aren't always that good at, being so highly sexually motivated ie: having little or no emotional IQ (thinking with the other head as they say!)

edit on 19-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

I've come across plenty of instances where males have been manupulative purely for selfish gain and plenty of instances where males can "fake love at will when it's not love at all"...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
I've come across plenty of instances where males have been manupulative purely for selfish gain and plenty of instances where males can "fake love at will when it's not love at all"...

True true, yes, no argument. It cuts both ways for sure.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarcrystal

You will never understand, and i will not explain.

Just the uk gov and police started this organised thing against my life. I will leave it at that, plus that i have never committed any crime in my life ever, and this was proven fact.

You can interpret my writings how you wish, but i doubt you will understand.

Like when your reading a paper or book, your reading someone elses experience, and it may never of been a thing you have considered in your life. But what you read is from your perspective, and what i write is from mine.

I have good reasons to why i say and feel the way i do.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Beautiful thread OP. You want to know a true love story?

Andy, I do not know what pain has brought you to hold the point of view you have. You have shared a very small fraction of it in this thread, and for that much, I thank you. It would be easy to dismiss your feelings, to say your opinions are wrong, but the truth is I cannot as I have not endured what you have that has caused the pain which formed your opinions. I do not need to either. For me it is enough to know you are hurt. For that, I offer you all my compassion, an ear to listen if you ever need it, and respect for being who you are. That is love.

Excellent thread again OP. Every post with another member is a love story unfolding, regardless of how gritty the details are.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Alright....time for a look at the genders.

Women are cunning and manipulative...anyone who says otherwise is selling something. If a woman wants a man to ask her out, she will have him climb to the top of the highest cliff around, and then jump off after telling him that he will fly. Sometimes he does, and when he doesn't it's a lengthy plunge back down. I've even encountered instances where the same woman has me climbing the cliff again, and expects me to jump once more. Fool me once, right...but at the same time, how do I know I won't fly this time? The idea that women make terrible poker players is ignorant...they are MASTER strategists. This is not a slight against the female gender, merely an observation. It's their way of seeing if a man is interested, as well as seeing how big his balls are (parden the language).

Men are...well, stupid. Even if you are an intelligent man, studies have shown that your IQ actually drops significantly when in the prescence of a woman you are interested in. At first, I thought "great...nature handicaps men". But, if you look at the earlier analogy, you would have to be pretty dumb to jump off a cliff because someone told you you would fly. Perhaps the dumber a man is, the lower his defenses and the more likely that he will let his true self show. And...again...the more likely he will risk that fatal drop. A man's worst enemy in these cases is himself...we usually tend to come off as arrogant and pig-headed in the presence of a woman, because we think the macho stuff works.

In any case, all the above is moot, as socital constructs dictate how and why relationships start. There are always exceptions to the rule, but in my age group I have found that the following are the top attractors:

MEN: Physical beauty...most men my age don't give a hang if they can have an intelligent conversation with a girl...they just want the best looking one out there. Personallity doesn't rank high on the list...which puts me in the minority, as personality is my numero uno requirement. You could be hot as hell, but if you can't string a sentance together, we're not going to fly.

WOMEN: Money...let's face it, most women my age (18-25) want to be treated like royalty. The man needs to buy EVERYTHING, and if he doesn't he's a deucebag. Which is quite unfair, when you consider that the relationship might progress to the man spending a month's pay on an engagement ring. Exceptions exist, and will always exist, but they are few and far between.

This is what society has told us relationships need to be founded on...from television to movies, it's evident (and let's face it...the box is how most people construct their view of the world). Sadly, sex and money are never solid foundations for a relationship. So, women walk around with the pre-concieved notion that all men are dicks just looking to get laid, without scrutinizing how they pick their partners. While men will walk around believing all women to be cold, heartles gold-diggers without looking at why they're with these women in the first place.

In relation to the OP....the above is why love is either dead or dying. I guess we'll have to go with dying because people are still managing to find it. But eventually it will be a lost art...the first question will be "do you have a Porsche" or "are your tits real"...I have found love, but in my life it seems to be a one way thing. But I will agree with you on one fact..it makes me happy. Even if I only see the girl two or three times a week, and even if we only talk occasionally now...and even if the moments of connection are fleeting and painful, it still makes me happy for the moment. Sadly we live in a world where love is no longer enough.

"All you need is love..." should be replaced with "All you need is cash..."

Call me a pessimist if you will...I prefer to think of myself as an intelligent observer of reality...I see things the way they are, not the way I want them to be. And if things aren't the way I want them to be, I have no problem facing that. But, for the love of all that is holy...DON'T SCREW IT UP! Believe me, you will regret it for as long as you live...at least, that's what it looks like from here.

GtkP

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp
"All you need is love..." should be replaced with "All you need is cash..."

Call me a pessimist if you will...I prefer to think of myself as an intelligent observer of reality...I see things the way they are, not the way I want them to be. And if things aren't the way I want them to be, I have no problem facing that. But, for the love of all that is holy...DON'T SCREW IT UP! Believe me, you will regret it for as long as you live...at least, that's what it looks like from here.

GtkP

Quite simply, we are choosing differently. To change, things have to.. change.
It must take place on the level of the individual. This one is willing to take that step into a conscious state of Love, not the end result directed emotion "love." Or "finding love" in a single other being. Finding someone to love and marry is of little relevance to this one.

If one is going to choose what to do with their perspective, on a constant conscious basis, are you choosing to base yours in money? Or am i misunderstanding your words?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a shame. This could have been a great topic, and by post #5, there was already an argument on a thread about how the world needs love.

I will stay on topic, but its going to be gross...

I had a nasty pimple on my back, that I couldnt reach. My girlfriend had to prick it with a pin and squeeze it, finally brining me relief. When she was doing it, i thought "Now THIS is love...who else would do such a gross thing for you!!"

Probably not the kind of story you had in mind, but its true

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join