It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are a Womans Emotional Reactions Actually a Subconcious Product of Empathy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well the majority of emotional responses are chemical related triggers in the brain, like attraction, etc.. Some are caused by triggers in the brain that release these chemicals: www.buzzle.com...

See that is why granted I am not a woman a lot of people find my weird cause I am a lot like the great John Nash minus the schizophrenia and greatness in math. I view everything through chemical reactions when it comes to reactions with people. It is interesting if you try just for one day go into a place of business and watch people's body reactions to others. You will be astounded when you write it down/ I have my own personal theory that everyone lays in either Aggressive(Alpha) Passive (Omega) or a mix of both in what I term Guardians (Many times very protective of people). Watch a couple who are out say for an evening and you can tell through body language what kind of person they are. Puffing of the chest when another male comes near, blocking maneuvers, and other suggestions. It is hard to go into at this time but maybe another time. Try it just once and you will not only get a better sense of the kind of person you are, but be able to see your fellow men and women in a whole nother light.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Internal feelings are mostly a product of instinct, but also include empathy. A woman may get totally hot and wet when she's next to a particular guy, but have no conscious understanding of why. This is likely a product of pheromones and subconscious, instinctual desires that are letting her know via physiological responses and internal feelings/urges that the person next to her would likely make a good mate.

We make up a lot of bizarre belief systems in an attempt to explain what was previously not well understood. These beliefs are pretty much archaic now, but many are still quite willfully ignorant.
edit on 19-1-2011 by unityemissions because: worms in me brains!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there because I think fair's fair's... or it should be is the point I'm trying to make.

Anywho...

Every man I have been *close* to has been HIGHLY emotional.

the majority of men that I am even merely around, if there is an opportunity to hear them during small talk, they are constantly talking about their feelings, gossiping and contemplating things that are typically said of women.

that's my experience... just sayin.

Even if you disagree, you have to understand that if *I* see it that way, it affects my perception and these conversations about figuring all out like clock work, how people tick and how genders are so different and defined... well, I have a problem really relating to a lot of this. Not because I haven't been in situations but because I often see it a completely different way.

It seems women are always supposed to be analyzing feelings and understanding some 'other' meaning behind little crap and everything's gotta be so froo froo and emotionally complex. I just don't know.

I get emotional (audibly emotional) when people give me crap to deal with. i admit i'm quick to set off because my patience is spent but it's not because I am emotional i think... not anymore than anyone else. I'm the one who wants things to not be complicated at all and when they become complicated BAM... that doesn't agree with me. That's not complicated. That's pretty simple. I know what i want in life and i know how i feel and yes, that might change tomorrow but it's really not all that complicated.

I am outraged at the worlds complications right now. the bull# around me just... uggh...it feels like it's killing me. Why do things always have to be complicated? There are not close complication, I have eliminated most of that in my life and it's now pretty simple. I'm talking about the feeling of being controlled by...uggh... it's just a bunch of crap.

The world is set out to break most people it seems. that's not complicated or hard to figure out or has anything really to do with a person inner child or any of that crap. Life won't let you win. It's upsetting when this concept ties in with your direct reality... not just as a concept you have been aware of. That's not complicated. We all have our own weaknesses in that reality. we all have our problems to deal with and people should just be wary of that in everyone, not just one gender. Don't tread on people because people are doing their crap day in day out while thinking they will never win against something that is controlling them. That's not something you want to mess around with. A lot of people think some just have it made but we all have the capacity to hurt and no matter who you are, you most likely will at many points in your life. I can accept that and I can respect that but when others can't and they start affecting people's lives because they can't... whew... that's maddening.

I don't do those things. I damn well know the value of and the motivation behind considering the situation of others or I would do those things to others.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I am going to have to disagree. I wouldn't be surprised if the psychopathic/sociopath brain turned out to be a case of "severe female brain"(like how aspergers and autism is a case of "severe male brain"). The only time most chicks use empathy is when it is for self benefit or benefit of another chick(most but not all, I think naturally empathic men and women are far and few in-between).

Yikes.. bitter much?
If thats the only kind of women you attract, perhaps try assessing yourself or stop picking up chicks outside of methadone clinics...

edit on 19-1-2011 by Advantage because: I cant spell.. DUHHH

Umm no. I am just a natural observer. Sorry though if I came across as "all women". It is just patterns I noticed in chicks more often then not(but see in a few guy's as well). I work in a customer type service job for the last few years so I am pretty much totally de-sensitized to the whole "crying to get me way" thing. After you see the same behavior a hundred or so times I guess it is easy to form potentially biased view-points.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

No.. we women are naturally cranky due to having to deal with men from the time we are born until the day we die.

Yikes.. bitter much?

Oh, the irony!

I would say the opposite is true, considering men die on average five years younger than women.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join