It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Kerry returns to Boston early to receive National Security Briefing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It has been confirmed that Democratic Candidate for President John Kerry is to return to his Boston residence early, cancelling plans to speak at major events. The cause of this early return is a National Security briefing that an undeclared administration official or US Agency will conduct for him and his Vice President candidate. It is Kerrys privelege, as the leading contender, to know about impending National Security threats. It is expected that this warning will also be given to the Democratic party leadership, as in times of crisis the partisanship is swept aside. This may be a sure sign that something is very, very wrong in the Nation right now

Whilst details about this mystery briefing are uncertain it is clear that a meeting has been on the cards for a while. However, Kerry was quoted on Thursday nights Larry King Live (CNN) as saying:

KING: News of the day, Tom Ridge warned today about al Qaeda plans of a large-scale attack on the United States. Didn't increase the -- you see any politics in this? What's your reaction?

KERRY: Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me. I just haven't had time

CNN Transcripts - Larry King + John & Teresa Heinz Kerry

Larry King went on to question Sen. Kerry about the timeliness of a briefing from an unknown official or agency. Kerry responded that the briefing would come Friday or Saturday but both days have passed with no briefing. The expected presentation time is Monday. The contents of this meeting are unknown but sources speculate that it is an extensive look at the latest threats from Al-Qaeda.

KING: When do you -- when do you get your briefing?

KERRY: We're arranging it. It's at the end of the week I'll get it.

KING: Should be pretty soon.

KERRY: I think it's tomorrow or the next day.

KING: And as for the vice president, he gets one, as well, right?

KERRY: I hope he will. It's presumed.

CNN Transcripts - Larry King + John & Teresa Heinz Kerry

We'll be posting more about the Kerry briefing, whilst the discussion with officials was on table, it has been pushed off then hurried up. A troubling sign in a time of raised security. It remains a mystery why this briefing is taking place in Boston, a suitable briefing could easily be held over the phone or video conference but has been brushed aside in favour of face to face contact. It would be a convenient place to hold one for the Democratic Leadership without raising suspicion as most of them are in town already.

See Relevant ATSNN threads:
Summer Terror Threat
Emergency Alert System tested in Seattle. No official comment

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah, something is seriously wrong. You got the right.

Where was he suppsoed to go speak at?

I hope not Seattle.....

Do you got a link?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
they were in raleigh, nc today. Also, some ammonium nitrate got stolen in winston salem, nc. Don't know if its related...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Drudgereport.com is reporting it in their FLASH section.

Seattle? I dunno, it was pacific coast anyway.

I'll try and get more, but, he's scheduled to be on larry king in 9 minutes, i'm going to go see if he's on.

If he isn't then thats very very weird.

P.s. Larry beat O'Reilly in ratings when he had Kerry on, nothing much could tear him away from this appearance.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
From Drudge, quoting Larry King interview of Kerry

Just hours before attending an all-star celebrity fundraising concert in New York, Dem presidential candidate John Kerry revealed how he has been too busy for a real-time national security briefing.

"I just haven't had time," Kerry explained in an interview.

Kerry made the startling comments on CNN's LARRY KING LIVE Thursday night.

KING: News of the day, Tom Ridge warned today about al Qaeda plans of a large-scale attack on the United States. Didn't increase the -- you see any politics in this? What's your reaction?

KERRY: Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me. I just haven't had time.

Developing...

So it appers he is to get the info EVERYONE else got in a timely fashion because they were available. JFK was to BUSY fundraising to be available.

Kerry Interview

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Seattle is on the pacific coast. Wonder if anyone else on the west coast got similar warnings.

Washington is a pretty liberal state. he is widely sup[ported here........

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I saw the Larry King interview and i heard those comments.

However, I think the threatscope has narrowed down to a specific threat, he is returning home to recieve a briefing that could be done on his BattleBus. He may be having this briefing along with the Democratic Leadership.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I saw the Larry King interview and i heard those comments.

However, I think the threatscope has narrowed down to a specific threat, he is returning home to recieve a briefing that could be done on his BattleBus. He may be having this briefing along with the Democratic Leadership.

Nerdling, Ahhh - now I see your point through the thick fog in my weekend oriented mind,

Standard briefing - send someone in the know to him to do the deed.
Highly sensitive top secret briefing - you gotta come see us!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok, I'm a little confused (as we all are). Have I got this straight? On Larry King, Thursday night, Kerry said that he had been busy and had not received his routine national security briefing. Are you saying that, today, he and the congressional leadership, have been called in for a special national security briefing as opposed to a routine briefing? Sorry to be so obtuse, but I'm trying to differentiate between panic and business as usual.
joey

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Politically... that doesn't sound good. Doesn't have time??? If he is elected what will he not have time for then??? National security should take priority I would think..... I think he just blew it.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Updated the article.

I think he's had something whispered in his ear about the seriousness of this threat, perhaps its just got worse over the past 2 days.

Senators don't just jump and run home for a little meeting that could be done over the phone, especially Senators running for President. Its pretty clear that something specific is going to be shown to him.

I've a theory involving the subway and the Democratic National Convention. Could you imagine them cancelling the DNC over a threat? The only way they could get away with it would be to get Kerrys permission. In Boston, along with senior democratic leadership.

You can bet your ass that Daschle, Reid, Kennedy, Clinton & Boxer will all be there.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just a day ago all the liberals on this board were saying Bush/Ridge just trumped up this security threat to get some attention...now when Kerry is to get a briefing, "OH! Something BIG must be going down!" ( That goes along with the expected inconsistency of Kerry and the rest of his liberal buddies. )

I don't believe Kerry even deserves any briefing beyond his normal Senatorial briefings, he is not "THE" democrat candidate...the convention hasn't even happened yet. Maybe he is the front runner democrat, big deal, he isn't officially "THE" democrat candidate yet. Technically, he may never be. He could, theoretically, not get the nomination.

Once he is nominated, then he legally does deserve the same security briefings the president gets, until then, he is just another Senator trying to get a better job.

Perhaps this briefing is actually a sting operation to arrest him as a Taliban sympathizer and traitor and put him in jail...that would be cool.

Perhaps his campaign people are "leaking" the security briefing thing, just to give him the "aura" of being a more important person than just another Senator and make people falsely think "presidentially" about him.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by leiphasw]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thought I might fill everyone in on the proposed security for the DNC(Democratic National Convention).

1 Mile radius around the fleet center in downtown Boston will have all traffic blocked as well as public transportation.

The Interstate known as 93 that connects the east coast from Florida to Maine will be completely shut down from 4pm-1am.

As well as numerous other train and bus service in and out of Boston.

Random searches on trains and busses started several weeks ago.

Boston mayor has gone on record as asking all employees to take the week off from work and all employers to let workers have the week off if possible.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow, this is getting exciting as the days go by. I'm not saying the media hype of terror attacks is good, but I mean the Government seems to be taking extreme measures. Exciting, but not good.

I've already assumed that there is going to be a terror attack. I just wonder where Al-Qaeda is going to strike. Will it be the common folk, or will it be Government workers.

Because they know of credible intelligence, maybe the Patriot Act will stop the terrorists before they strike? I hope nothing happens, anyway.

If something happens where thousands of lives are lost again, Bush will become Dictator of the United States. Just think of the repercussions this will have all across the world. The new policies, laws, etc.

The possible anti-war, anti-Bush riots, massive protests, a small economic collapse and who knows what else, maybe even Martial Law in some parts of the U.S.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Could it be a way to keep the Dems off balance? I mean, have a bunch of threats, a bunch of breifings, disrupt Kerry's campaign. If he doesn't go to them, they'll use it against him. If he goes to all of them how can he get any work done?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Could it be a way to keep the Dems off balance? I mean, have a bunch of threats, a bunch of breifings, disrupt Kerry's campaign. If he doesn't go to them, they'll use it against him. If he goes to all of them how can he get any work done?

And if they quit serving baloney sandwiches, whatever would Kerry have to run on anyway.

Curme somethings up and its not politics as usual. The more significant part of Nerdlings post is not that Kerry alone is getting the briefing but that the entire democratic leadership is to recieve the briefing, now that does really mean something big is about to happen or there is chance of it anyway. If the republicans really wanted to mess with Kerry then they would leave him obliviously campaigning away blissfully unaware of future possibilities so he could further insert foot in mouth.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
The Interstate known as 93 that connects the east coast from Florida to Maine will be completely shut down from 4pm-1am.

It's I-95 not I-93

My question is, Why aren't the big news networks, such as cnn or foxnews picking up on this story? Why isn't anything being reported?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Two reasons.

1. They're viewing this as just a standard briefing.

2. Saturday nights/Sunday mornings = Skeleton staff. Not much reporting is done at night. Things are much much slower and alot of things are missed.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I-95 goes way out and around Boston

Did Kerry actually cancel any angagements?

MAP use zoom

[edit on 10-7-2004 by IntelRetard]

[edit on 10-7-2004 by IntelRetard]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join