It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass fish deaths at Jervis Bay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Mass fish deaths at Jervis Bay

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

TENS of thousands of fish have been discovered dead and dying at Jervis Bay, apparently victims of The Big Wet.
Weeks of heavy rain is feared to have sparked a major bloom of red algae on the northern and eastern shores of the bay.

The algae strips saltwater of its oxygen and can cause fish to suffocate.

Despite red algae being investigated as the possible cause, The Daily Telegraph understands testing of the Jervis Bay waters has not revealed the severely depleted oxygen levels which would be expected - and would explain the deaths.

Most of the fish kill has happened within the Jer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well i dont know what the bloody hell is going on but every morning you wake up and check the news and there are more event. i know this are extremely well. its a big holiday are on the nsw south coast. lots of dolphins and the occasional whale come into the bay.

someone really needs to stand up and say what the hell is happening

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

It would be great not to get the lame reasons we are being presented with, which is the bit I really do find worrisome, it's like they don't even have to put any effort into explaining these events.. what is all that about? and that behaviour just seems to me to make these things appear worse.

edit on 18/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Most of my friends in rl, have no clue all this is happening. The mainstream media is silent. This scares me and makes me angry.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They were probably hit by a submarine.

They haven't used that excuse yet. Fireworks mass kills birds, same with an entire flock getting hit by a truck. Disease instantly kills thousands of fish and birds alike. So why the hell can't they be hit by a submarine. I mean, just 10 minutes ago, I sneezed and kiilled my cat.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah, this is not right what's going on, somethings up. I've never in my life heard about mass kill off's of this magnitude of so many different species in such a short time span. Were they just never published in the past and this is just hype of normal occurrences? I'm saying NO way, I may be wrong but things just don't feel right. I live in the Rocky mtns and looking out my window now, I'm looking at green grass in my neighbors yard, it was raining last night
I have never ever seen it like this in the 20 yrs I've been here, we usually have at least a couple of feet of snow in our yards this time of yr. I'm not complaining I hate to shovel snow but it's not normal and other places are getting slammed that don't usually get hit as hard as they are. The gulf stream is for sure off. My gut tells me the weather and the deaths are linked some how IDK for sure, but someone better get busy figuring this out and disclose their findings instead of keeping us in the dark. Maybe we need to ban semi-trucks so the birds won't fly into them anymore, yeah right, just love that story and it's happened twice now. Something smells funny doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well i dont know what the bloody hell is going on but every morning you wake up and check the news and there are more event.

star and flag for making me laugh.... I think it is a case of mass hysteria.. agle blooms kill fish all the time it is a natural part of nature..

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well i dont know what the bloody hell is going on but every morning you wake up and check the news and there are more event.

star and flag for making me laugh.... I think it is a case of mass hysteria.. agle blooms kill fish all the time it is a natural part of nature..

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Despite red algae being investigated as the possible cause, The Daily Telegraph understands testing of the Jervis Bay waters has not revealed the severely depleted oxygen levels which would be expected - and would explain the deaths.

Wow.... is it ever going to stop? Of course, just like all the other deaths, we will get no follow up information, as to WHY.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The answer is in your OP ,from all the water flowing out from the rivers.The same thing is happening in Moreton Bay right now from the Brisbane river .

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is too much of this going on right now. They are going to have to come up with a news conference explaining this pretty soon. Im surprised that they havnt already. I still wonder what is happening out there to cause all of this?!
edit on 18-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

Wow.... is it ever going to stop? Of course, just like all the other deaths, we will get no follow up information, as to WHY.

Agreed and a star for you. This is just what we can expect to see in the future (Nothing) no follow ups no serious coverage from CNN or Fox. It will just get put under a pile of paperwork and forgotten about.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
The answer is in your OP ,from all the water flowing out from the rivers.The same thing is happening in Moreton Bay right now from the Brisbane river .

:Your theory is DEBUNKED....no rivers flow into jervis bay. at least no major ones that are connected in any way whatsoever to the flooding thats occuring here at the moment.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Perhaps if enough fresh water gets into where salt water fish live they can't stand it and it kills them. Just an idea.

One of these days we will wake up to a mass human die off for no known cause, perhaps the ptb are just grooming us for that day.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Perhaps if enough fresh water gets into where salt water fish live they can't stand it and it kills them. Just an idea.

One of these days we will wake up to a mass human die off for no known cause, perhaps the ptb are just grooming us for that day.

not possible. its connected to the pacific ocean through a large opening. i will try to find a picture to give you an idea of what we are looking at.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It was a submarine shooting fireworks.

This is getting very very interesting,another to the list.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

?,Your debunking has/is being debunked right now.
You have the Great Dividing Range behind you,various creeks,Runoffs from the Lachlan river and St Georges basin and i am pretty sure its been raining heavily in that area lately.Not to mention whatever other crap that gets thrown into that area.I am not trying to debunk your fish death story but looking for possible reasons instead.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

?,Your debunking has/is being debunked right now.
You have the Great Dividing Range behind you,various creeks,Runoffs from the Lachlan river and St Georges basin and i am pretty sure its been raining heavily in that area lately.Not to mention whatever other crap that gets thrown into that area.I am not trying to debunk your fish death story but looking for possible reasons instead.

st georges basin is not connected to jervis bay. it flows out through sussex inlet straight into the pacific ocean.

this page might give internations posters an idea of the area im talking about

www.sydney-australia.biz...
edit on 18-1-2011 by punterdeb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

st georges basin is not connected to jervis bay.

Maybe not on the surface ,but.It could be connected underground. Its summer ,so are people swimming there ?
I just dont know whether all these fish kills are being over reported and that is feeding the whole situation.or there is something else going on .

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I guess you MISSED this part as you were laughing so hard...

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

Seems they are not sure... and oxygen levels were not at those needed to kill the fish...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join