It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Swastika evil just because a tyrant used it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Terms777

Notice how all hittlers were turned right. Do reseach

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The swastika is a 5,000 year old Hindu symbol.
It is formed by combining two sanskrit symbols su and ti and when placed on top of each other form the swastika.
The swastika means more than just "good luck" and it is a symbol of the divine. The middle most part of the swastika is the "unmoved mover" (i.e. God or as the Hindus call it Brahman), the spokes of the wheel represent samsara/reincarnation. The spokes are bent slightly to imply movement around the unmoved mover.

edit on 18-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I believe symbols are just like weapons it's what you do with them that determines whether they are good or bad.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Cib2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Has been around for a long time, but because we are so closely connected to its recent usage there will be a stigma connected to it. But say in 2 or 3 more generations that stigma will die out.

But like all things its up to people to ask why and to educate them selves it its history and usage of the years.

Some people see the Star of David, the Cross and Crescent symbols of evil, oppression.
For a while there the crucifix (Cross) was seen as all that was evil in the world, but today is a symbol for many that inspires them.
edit on 18/1/2011 by greenfruit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
From what I know (besides being a symbol connected to the Nazi's) the swastika is a symbol of protection.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Perhaps you thought it original to Hitler? An old pre-history symbol used for many representations, it has been used before.

Do some research! Its not evil or NAZI in origin. The same symbol goes back thousands of years, including being used by Native American Indians, and found in designs of theirs.

If I was a murderer and used the HEART symbol on my messages, does the HEART symbol come to mean bad or evil? Of course not.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The symbol has been used all over the world by many cultures for centuries.

Native American pottery

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf8308603c5a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Perhaps you thought it original to Hitler? An old pre-history symbol used for many representations, it has been used before.

Do some research! Its not evil or NAZI in origin. The same symbol goes back thousands of years, including being used by Native American Indians, and found in designs of theirs.

If I was a murderer and used the HEART symbol on my messages, does the HEART symbol come to mean bad or evil? Of course not.

You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cib2010
I believe symbols are just like weapons it's what you do with them that determines whether they are good or bad.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Cib2010 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you completely. Weapons was a good choice for portrail.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The symbol has been used all over the world by many cultures for centuries.

Native American pottery

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf8308603c5a.jpg[/atsimg]

Agreed that symbol has been used by many cultures long before hitler. Its now tainted and probably will never be used again for what it did represent when it was used by hitler.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Take a look at the flag of the President of Finland they use the symbol there, Top right of flag in Yellow.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hitler used swaastika as a symbol of arion supremacy, we know he was pure evil. The fact is, people use the swaa stika as a symbolic badge to promote their ideology. Would a person who is not arion or arion affiliated sport this badge? no. I see swaastika as the nazi unleashing themselvesle ointo society. Just because Hitler is dead, in no means does this entail his agenda is dead. I despise those who wear this badge. in my opinion they are attempting to rid people of color other then caucasion...I am caucasion I see this is extremely wrong

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"Is the swastika evil just because a tyrant used it?"

No, but he (Hitler) sure ruined it for the rest of us. Here in San Diego, on MLK day "kids" sprayed swastikas and 666s all over one neighborhood, on cars, churches signs etc.

Sad, to use a perfectly good symbol in such a negative way.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Like it or not the meaning and what the swastika represents has forever changed specially in the west. How can a person with some knowledge and appreciation of history ignore the symbol of the Nazi and all it stood for 60 years ago..and today with the "white power" movement? Six Million Jews and countless others were murdered, exterminated and tortured under that symbolic flag.

edit on 1/18/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The swastika is a design and, inherently, cannot possesses any attributes which can qualify as good or evil. It is passive.

Having said that, the implication of the symbol can have great power over those who see it, and can be a strong tool of manipulation on behalf of those who choose to use it. Symbols are not really, in and of themselves, the seat of this "power" but rather serve as receptacles for aspects of ourselves and our own emotions.

So no, the swastika is not evil. But anyone in this society who would choose to use it... The answer is probably "yes".

~Heff

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
We, Latvians, call it Uguns-krusts (The Cross of Fire) or Pērkona-krusts (The Cross of Thunder).

Believed to enchain good luck, energy, fire, thunder and wind.
It was used by our ancestors to protect it's wielder from evil. It was often weaved in clothing.
Also very often found engraved in holy places.

Hitler used it to protect his country from evil and it sure did protect Germans and whole world from Hitler as he failed in WW-II and died.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

Thanks guys for your replies! SO it is a EVIL symbol no matter how it is used because hitter brought it to evil.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Like it or not the meaning and what the swastika represents has forever changed specially in the west. How can a person with some knowledge and appreciation of history ignore the symbol of the Nazi and all it stood for 60 years ago..and today with the "white power" movement? Six Million Jews and countless others were murdered, exterminated and tortured under that symbolic flag.

edit on 1/18/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

I'd say because 5000 years of history and multiple cultures trumps a 12 year reign by one lunatic. I think if you truly appreciated history you'd recognize that 12 years should not eliminate the thousands of years of usage prior to the nazis.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terms777
reply to post by archasama

Thanks guys for your replies! SO it is a EVIL symbol no matter how it is used because hitter brought it to evil.

SO would this symbol be considered evil? watch.pair.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join