It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who own the U.S. national debt? China only owns 7.5%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Aggie Man

We will just rout them and make it a new Iraq on a massive scale

Hrm, this sort of sounds like "Taking money out of the Chinese wallet at gunpoint", something I constantly hear the right bitching about obama doing.

But as long as we are doing it to a different country, its cool right?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

We will just rout them and make it a new Iraq on a massive scale

Hrm, this sort of sounds like "Taking money out of the Chinese wallet at gunpoint", something I constantly hear the right bitching about obama doing.

But as long as we are doing it to a different country, its cool right?

Lets put some of your presumptions to rest:

1. i am nothing like "the right". I am a pacifist that will only harm another to defend myself. i am, if you want a label, more resembling liberterian

2. i do not condone taking it at gunpoint. i am just point out the obvious based on the history of my country. i abhor my government and the way they represent me in the world theater.

No need to make a new response. I just want to make sure you understand that, especially at ATS, presuming intent is more hit and miss than meteorology.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yeah, that is where my metaphor breaks. China, if seen in business, would be considered "spineless" and a PITA. People would only deal with them because they have money.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I do agree with the OP's statement on the term 'fiasco' and tired refrain of 'China is owed the largest national debt'.

This is nothing more than fear mongering and here on ATS, its to deny ignorance so that the truth may set us free.

There is nothing to fear from China, espacially the illegitimate CCP govt. They had deeper problems than many realized. 1.3 billion of the masses without social expenditure of any kind, 30 million corrupt card waving bootlickers pandering to corporations selling out the masses, brewing discontent on land grabs and directions of the nation, etc, they have more than they can solve.

The debt by US is miniscule in comparison to others, and the most CRITICAL issue is that NO ONE pointed a gun at the head of the CCP dictators to purchase US debts. They did so on their own free will, and should have done their due diligence and accepted the risks just as any other investors.

There will be NO BAILOUT, nor americans prostate on the ground in apology to them if their investments went bad. Its their risk and they have to live with it, and FULLY responsible for their actions. If they wish to throw their might or influence the politics of a sovereign nation that USA is, then every american citizen should know then what the sacred 2nd amendment is for.

If more printing of money is needed, this time following Keynesian principles of investing it into the masses, instead of the first time to the banks which is NOT a keynesian principle, then so be it so that the economy can and will be reactivated for growth, so long as such funds are for growth and not into sinkholes such as wars.

Americans and the next generations will have to pay for the price if the economy tanks, equally being misled by those in hidden power with the first tranche of bailouts. Hell if they are to be made responsible or to die for another's investment through greed if the dollar sinks.

Thus stand tall, and think of ways to stop further debts so that we will not enslave ourselves and the next generations, instead of licking the boots of creditors in the hope there will be mercy. There will be none. Give them an inch and they will want to be the ruler!

edit on 19-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join