It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Emergency Message On TV Last Night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I got hit last night around 2am.

It came on for a few seconds and then again about 5 minutes later.

Im near Chicago but nothing more came on.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe someone is just trying to scare us. Someone wants to keep us paranoid even though nothing will happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah... probably. After all the current Republican administration and Pentagon are very good at that...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well, the only people thinking about it are right here on ATS. :-D I'm sure your average person wouldn't of thought twice about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I got another one here in Washington about two days ago, but this one was "just a test." Soon enough it will be for real, I suppose...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well, there does seem to be a lot of test warnings going on around the country and from the reports coming in I have to assume the people reporting it are finding it out of the ordinary (since they aren't mentioning haven't noticed it otherwise).

I hate to speculate, but something I found bothersome occurred about a month or so ago that just hasn't sat right with me. Two people in this area (Nat'l Guard) that had never been called up prior were suddenly called at the same time. One was a Surgeon, who had to close his practice to go and the other was a rather high profile City Position who it turned out was a Medic for the Guard. I did not know the surgeon, but did get to say goodbye to the Medic. I asked him where he was heading and he hesitated so I immediately said, oh, you probably can't say. He knew I was asking cause I have a friend over in the thick of it that is kind of like a son to me. He said he couldn't tell me but that he was not going overseas (so there was no chance he would be running into my little soldier boy). He had a strangly concerned air/look on his face.

Granted, this is only 2 people and I don't know if they were going to the same place, but the coincidence of medical personnel suddenly being called after all this time makes me worry that we may be preparing for the worst, possibly within our own borders. Do hope I am just reading too much into it, and that this is not related to all these test warnings going on but ......

I wonder if anyone else around the country has noticed any medical personnel not previously called in their communities having been called in the past month or so.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
From everything I am gathering, we are going to get preped for something thats gonna happen soon enough, is what Im getting. It wouldnt surprise me. They might be expecting something big to haqppen, or ***gasp*** planning something big, who knows?

I see now all across the country people are paying attention more to emergency warnings. Perhaps someone else might show up with some new data.

Im continuing to follow this. I havent been watching TV for a few days now, Ill turn it on and see if anything else of interest comes up.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
From everything I am gathering, we are going to get preped for something thats gonna happen soon enough, is what Im getting. It wouldnt surprise me. They might be expecting something big to haqppen, or ***gasp*** planning something big, who knows?

Thanks Skadi! Your post had me doing alot of thinking and when they tested the EBS on the radio I sort of set me on edge

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm in PA, and was wathching TV at 2 am last night and did'nt get a message like that. I'll watch again tonight and try a differnt channel, maybe the History.

Could be a joker at the cable company though. But if it was a test for something major, why play it so late?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hell, FredT, youre in Palo Alto, just living there would set me on a state of permanent edge! Of not for the crackdealers in the east, the constant earthquake threat or the wierd # at Sandia would do it for me!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Very Interesting. I have never seen one of these messages before, However I do live in the UK, so I dont think they are the same as the american versions. I think that if these are happening then they are testing for something that they think mite happen ? Who knows maybe it has something to do with Iraq ?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have seen thes message a couple of times. A few times at my parents house in WV near a bunch of chemical plants on Charter Cable system and recently on my tv in KY very near the Bluegrass Army Depot on Adelphia cable.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I've never seen that message, but I'll be on the lookout for it since I'm usually up that late anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Well, there does seem to be a lot of test warnings going on around the country and from the reports coming in I have to assume the people reporting it are finding it out of the ordinary (since they aren't mentioning haven't noticed it otherwise).

I hate to speculate, but something I found bothersome occurred about a month or so ago that just hasn't sat right with me. Two people in this area (Nat'l Guard) that had never been called up prior were suddenly called at the same time. One was a Surgeon, who had to close his practice to go and the other was a rather high profile City Position who it turned out was a Medic for the Guard. I did not know the surgeon, but did get to say goodbye to the Medic. I asked him where he was heading and he hesitated so I immediately said, oh, you probably can't say. He knew I was asking cause I have a friend over in the thick of it that is kind of like a son to me. He said he couldn't tell me but that he was not going overseas (so there was no chance he would be running into my little soldier boy). He had a strangly concerned air/look on his face.

Granted, this is only 2 people and I don't know if they were going to the same place, but the coincidence of medical personnel suddenly being called after all this time makes me worry that we may be preparing for the worst, possibly within our own borders. Do hope I am just reading too much into it, and that this is not related to all these test warnings going on but ......

I wonder if anyone else around the country has noticed any medical personnel not previously called in their communities having been called in the past month or so.

Relentless: What State. I may be able to clarify things. Some, selected, medical personnel with "special" training have been activated or put on an Alert Status. Others have been activated to back fill Active Duty Medical Personnel that have been sent overseas. But I would have to have a better location on what state you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
civil authority

n : a person who exercises authority over civilian affairs.

so who are these authorities? or what is their title? kind of a mystery to me.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
so who are these [civil] authorities? or what is their title? kind of a mystery to me.

Well, the police for one. And most likely the FBI. It�s hard to come up with a cut-and-dry way to tell who is and who isn�t, but I think any domestic government agency that deal with possible life-threatening situations gets to use the EAS.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My roomate told me yesterday when he got home, that one of the guys at work, weho delivered stuff out by microsoft, said something had happened there, like some sort of alert or alarm, but not long after, everything went back to normal. He said it appeared either to be a routine drill, or some sort of false alarm or alert or something. It didnt last very long, maybe just a few minutes.

But given everything else thats going on, who knows anymore? Microsoft ot supposed to be a big target, from what I understand.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
But given everything else thats going on, who knows anymore? Microsoft ot supposed to be a big target, from what I understand.

Up were you are Skadi, don't forget Boeing, or the Sub Pens either. Wait how could I forget the Olympia brewery (They would hit that just to spite me). But really Seattle has alot of targets scattered around. Were you able to ever catch a repeat of the signal?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Not that specific one, Fred, just more teser signals. On the previous page of this post, I updated what was goin on.

Youre right about Boeing. But also remeber a few other things about Seattle, and remeber my suspicons Bush and friends had something to do with 9/11.

1. Seattle is a very left wing town. This is anti Bush country up here.
2. The govonor of Washington State, Gary Locke, is a pretty liberal Democrat who on numerous cases has come out and REALLY criticized Bush and the war on Terror.
3. In the last election, Gore won the state of Washington.
The only time George Bush visits here is to see Ft Lewis or one of the naval basesw. The only local places where he is welcome.

Be a prime place for the Bush admin to strike.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I remember seeing those emergency broadcast messages and signals when I used to have cable years ago. With satellite, I never see those anymore.

I was typically annoyed with the way the cable company and some cable employees treated everyone. For example they would constantly be working on my cable line only to have the picture go bad again shortly after the cable guy left. Another example, my brother would like to watch Star Trek but actually heard someone at the cable company didn't. The channel that Star Trek was on had Star Trek delayed or interrupted due to special news, late playing sports or just something about 98 percent of the time. I remember visiting and sometimes only 15 minutes of the show would be aired. So yes, I believe cable companies could be screwing people over. They'll probably say it's for your own good or for your safety. I can imagine more use of the EMS system to test it if all these security groups etc. are trying to do test runs of emergency systems just in case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join