It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: Obama has learned that Bush policies were right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Cheney: Obama has learned that Bush policies were right

thehill.com

President Obama has “learned from experience” that some of the Bush administration’s decisions on terrorism issues were necessary, according to former Vice President Dick Cheney.

In his first interview since undergoing major heart surgery last July, Cheney said he thinks Obama has been forced to rethink some of his national security positions now that he sits in the Oval Office.

"I think he's learned that what we did was far more appropriate than he ever gave us credit for while he was a candidate. So I think he's learned from experience. And part of that experience was the Demo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Cheney also asserted that Obama has learned that the prison at Guantanamo Bay simply cannot be closed, despite the promises he made while campaigning for the White House.

"I think he's learned that he's not going to be able to close Guantanamo," Cheney said. "That it's — if you didn't have it, you'd have to create one like that. You've got to have some place to put terrorists who are combatants who are bound and determined to try to kill Americans."

Everything Cheney says about Obama's foreign policy is correct. Sure it may seem easy to criticize the previous administration on its policies, but when its your time on the stage, you just have to be pragmatic about what to do with terrorism. Obama tries to work with the terrorists, but you see the rising drone attacks shows the opposite. It seems the American people elected a devil compare to Bush or Cheney.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ya know whats funny....... I made a prediction well before he became president that I believe once he gets in office and sees how the world really is that he may begin to change. It still may or may not happen, but he has reversed some of his policies and not enforced some that he said he would.

I still find it very possible that he could change much much more..... we'll see.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is pure horse #.
Obama is controlled by the same CIA and Israeli powerbrokers that Bush was. And Clinton. And Bush the first.
Cheney needs to be speaking from a prison cell. He has all of the credibility of the 911 commission.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Obama is one of those dangerous types that believes in his beliefs, and that's all he needs to believe in them. Very much like a child. He is now faced with reality and facts and his idealogical belief system is starting to crumble. Let's just hope it turns to dust before he can destroy any more of our liberties.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Translation: Obama has learned that he is an Elitist & special-interest-serving M.I.C. stooge, and that defacating on the american populace regularly is encouraged by his Bankster and M.I.C masters. Exactly like Dumbya and Insaney. So yep, he learned alright. He has merely been their third term.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I wonder what obama should say in defense to this, especially since before becoming president, talking about how bad bush screwed things up..that would include cheney* stand up and be a man obama*
if he dosnt, he's in on it too.

the only thing weve learned form bush...capitalism stole form us all and screwed us over 10 fold, the patriot act is an act of terrorsim towards us americans, and thier LOTS of profiteering form mindless and sensless wars. oh and bin laden hasnt been caught yet...he's prob sipping on wine with bush and cheney in some office somewhere, acting like this afghna war is a fun manipulated chess game.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Mostly true. The only thing I disagree with is the "capitalism" as the enemy part. To be clear, it is globalism and corporatism and corruption that is the enemy. They all go hand in hand with unchecked power aka absolute corruption.
By making capitalism the enemy, we invite in something far worse, imo.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

President Obama has “learned from experience” that some of the Bush administration’s decisions on terrorism issues were necessary

Decisions on Terrorism?.. like Iraq?... Valerie Plame?... Disbanding the Iraqi army?.... Destroying Evidence?....

Exactly which decision would you deem was a correct one Deltaboy?

From what I remember, the biggest and most horrific decision made, the decision to invade Iraq to remove WMD's, turned out to infact be the wrong decision, because WMD's didn’t exist and weren’t being made (admission : Bush) that and Cheney's own claims Alqaeda were working out of Iraq. But Cheney wouldn’t bring this up would he, after all the money he and his Halliburton pals have made is justification enough for him, isn’t it?

Sure it may seem easy to criticize the previous administration on its policies

Im sure by criticize you mean justified anger, if that’s the case then Hell yeah, but I (and many others) want to do more than criticize, we want justice.

but when its your time on the stage, you just have to be pragmatic about what to do with terrorism

Pragmatic? Cheney's idea of being pragmatic included painting US boats up in Iranian colours and attacking US Naval ships.. Is that the sort of pragmatic approach you think a US president should take? Or should Obama ignore vital intelligence and allow another mass casualty attack to occur? Which would YOU rather Deltaboy?

Or should we just create a fake reason to go to war with 'another' OIL laden country and slap the ol terrorism from us sticker on them?

Obama tries to work with the terrorists, but you see the rising drone attacks shows the opposite

Im struggling here, If Obama is ordering drone attacks how is it he's trying to work with them?

It seems the American people elected a devil compare to Bush or Cheney.

I suppose that is determined by what side of the line of 'reasoning, decency and moral integrity' you stand on.

Obviously, we know what side you stand on,
Deltaboy

edit on 17-1-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
Obama is one of those dangerous types that believes in his beliefs
I am not gonna stand here and praise the current Prez... but I could say the exact same about Dubbya's theological beleifs actually driving his executive decisions.

his idealogical belief system is starting to crumble. Let's just hope it turns to dust before he can destroy any more of our liberties.
It's not as if it's really going to matter, they basically have already been taken from you.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
More like saving his backside from the puppet masters behind the scenes.. Survival changes ones ideals.. He was probably told rather bluntly what would happen if he didnt continue the policies of bush and his merry murderers..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You guys seem to implies that he his controlled by some outside organization, whether it is oil or banking in a way of dictating what he has to do.

top topics

join