It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Forgive me, but I do not think there's anyone posting on this thread with an original thought.
Researching Internet resources can be done by anyone with time on their hands.
I just don't see how some here think we have "real"
Astronomers, etc.

I may be wrong? Forgive me if I am but I wouldn't plan your lives around what is posted here or anywhere.

Yes indeed it can be done by anyone - including students who will be come the scientists of the future, and those who are already scientists. Why do scientists bother to post in online journals?

Now I contend that a keen interested amateur is just as knowledgeable as a university graduate, sometimes more so. Why should we not consider such people as real Astronomers? What makes someone a 'real' Astronomer? Training? A University Degree? If you apply that to everything then I am not a 'real' programmer as I have never had one single minute of formal computer training, yet I manage to earn a living from it. How is this if I am not a real programmer?

So tell me then, if you would not plan your life around anything posted anywhere just what would you accept as a source you could use to plan?

As far as I am concerned those on this thread who exhibit what I consider to be a sound astronomical knowledge I shall continue to consider as Astronomers and it really does not matter to me if they have a University Degree in Astronomy or not.

edit on 14/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Even then no. Elenin is already above the ecliptic, meaning it is above the orbit of the Earth. Depending on how high above the ecliptic it is, it could also be above the orbit of the Sun, so the tail would be pointed up at an angle making it even farther away from being in line with Earth.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I meant no offense and you are correct.
I do appreciate your hard work.
Forgive me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by oxbow

I assume that was directed at my question, in which case you did not answer it.

I think you'll find I did answer the question, you just phrased it badly

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Even then no. Elenin is already above the ecliptic, meaning it is above the orbit of the Earth.

Thanks. Yes good point.

reply to post by dgtempe

No problem. Nothing to forgive really. Just thought you were being a bit hard!!

reply to post by oxbow

I certainly did phrase it badly. I am good at that

Any way I would say not quite so but Xcalibur254 cleared it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dasysgod

Fixed. And all I can say is how does he have the guts to put out a new video when everyone knows that he's a hoaxer?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Fixed. And all I can say is how does he have the guts to put out a new video when everyone knows that he's a hoaxer?

He knows he only has six weeks-- tops-- to milk this thing for everything it's worth, then it's back to cherry picking Bible verses.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is the dates I think will have major seismic events.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oceleste

Really?
why cuz a guy on You tube says so?
have you not at least opened one eye yet?
Have you noticed that the Narnia girl has vanished?
Ya know,. the You tube girl with the vids stating the doom?
she has been outnumbered by facts..
Elenin is gone

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Have you seen this ALERT? "Bus-size Satellite Crashing to Earth" September 24, 2011?
"Risk to life is ... one in 3,200" per NASA.
This is a HUGE RISK, folks. But NASA is playing it down.
NASA says the "giant satellite is plunging to earth more quickly than anticipated and will crash during a three-day window around September 24." Wait a minute! Is this a cover story? A cover-up for Nibiru or Elenin caused global disasters? That date, "September 24,2011" that NASA is saying an old, worn out satellite is now suddenly PLUNGING, breaking into 26 pieces (why 26 pieces? is there a message here?) and is crashing to earth, is right around predicted times of danger, when perhaps Comet Elenin, Nibiru, dwarf star, Kachina Blue Star, etc. may be the real danger to earth.
Source: globalrumblings.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Comet Elenin is coming!

I think it suffered a serious case of premature eja...can i say that on ats?

looks like this isnt the one that kills us all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by drrohe

"Risk to life is ... one in 3,200" per NASA.

Not that huge a risk. You can look at it two ways:

1) If there were 3,200 UARS satellites reentering somebody would get hurt.

2) The chances that someone will get hurt (out of the 6.7 billion people on the planet) are 3,200 to one. For comparison, the odds of you being hit by lighting at some time in your life are 1 in 3,000.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Elenin has broken up

Credit for finding this link must go to Essan.

Have to say though how anyone can be an astronomer in Ireland beats me! I suppose the skies are a bit clearer in the East. Not a cat in hell's chance here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

And so it was - and still is in bits.

I never said it was going to kill us

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by TiM3LoRd

And so it was - and still is in bits.

I never said it was going to kill us

I know man I was just making light of it. No disrespect. I highly value your posts on here.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
since Elenin is now only dust and small rocks are we still going to pass through is debris?
will there be any chance of an Elenin meteor shower?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another dead end

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
People these days
. Listen, no one will know the "exact date", it is an ongoing process, it is not something that just "happens" on a "specific date". There is a window of opportunity between Sept. 29th - Nov. 22 (Earth moving through Elenin's dust trail), because I do believe Elenin actually exists. The reason most people discredit its possibility of existence is because of its lack of appearance, but apparently the combination of being super-cold and containment within a massive gravity well provides the dwarf star with a cloak of invisibility, because the star absorbs light and the gravity well creates a phenomena called Gravitational Lensing, which has shrouded the star's visibility altogether. These celestial bodies are so cold that they aren’t correctly detected on telescopes. This kind of phenomenon happens with dwarf stars.

The whole solar system is heating up, the Sun is becoming active and earth change events are becoming more frequent with greater intensity. Many fail to realize that while the 9.0 Japan Quake shifted Earth axis 4 inches at the Elenin alignment, the water tables reportedly rose in Florida like with the 8.8 Chile Quake that shifted Earth axis last year. March 11, 2011 is the same time that Texas aquifers fluctuated with the 9.0 Japan Quake, which now seems more likely to be caused by the Sun/Earth/Elenin alignment than an earthquake halfway around the world. In fact, earth change events appear to be escalating (like earth wobble) with the approach of the Elenin object

FEMA is buying billions in food for the Elite and prepping without you right now as we speak

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx
People these days
. Listen, no one will know the "exact date", it is an ongoing process, it is not something that just "happens" on a "specific date". There is a window of opportunity between Sept. 29th - Nov. 22 (Earth moving through Elenin's dust trail), because I do believe Elenin actually exists.

Earth is not moving through Elenin's dust tail, nor will it. Elenin is over 1.7 million km above the ecliptic plane and climbing. Its dust tail will not intersect our orbit.

The reason most people discredit its possibility of existence is because of its lack of appearance, but apparently the combination of being super-cold and containment within a massive gravity well provides the dwarf star with a cloak of invisibility, because the star absorbs light and the gravity well creates a phenomena called Gravitational Lensing, which has shrouded the star's visibility altogether.

Objects don't turn invisible just because they get cold. Gravitational lensing does not make an object invisible either, it simply means that the apparent positions of objects and stars near the limb of the object are refracted by the object's gravity. The sun lenses the apparent positions of stars near the solar limb, an effect seen during total solar eclipses, but it is obviously not invisible. Unless the object is so massive that it's a black hole, light will reflect off of it and be seen just fine.

These celestial bodies are so cold that they aren’t correctly detected on telescopes. This kind of phenomenon happens with dwarf stars.

Elenin is not a "dwarf star."

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74 >>

join