It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Most Compelling Evidence of the Afterlife: Oriskany Battlefield Ghost Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed sharing these photos because they are what I consider some intriguing evidence of ghost and the afterlife. Considering I have just reached my 20 post mark I thought what better way to start off my contribution to ATS than with these photos? I hope you find them as interesting as I do!

Before I start I just want to say that people who have manipulated photos to try and pass them off as pictures of a 'ghost' are not gaining any credibility and are the reason that this phenomenon is not taken seriously. The below pictures have only been edited to enhance the image and to allow you to better see the ghosts. Unfortunately there is no way to ultimately prove that these photos are authentic therefor I can only provide my word and the willingness to alleviate any doubts you may have.

Now that I got that off my chest here we go!

Okay so these photos were taken a few years back at the Oriskany Battlefield in Central New York. For two summers my friends and I would visit the site on various occasions. Some nights you would feel completely relaxed as if you were walking through an ordinary field with no ominous sensations at all. However other nights the darkness was almost palpable causing you to be on edge every step of the way.

Before you continue I would find it beneficial (but not necessary) to read some of the history of this landmark to better appreciate the photos. You can find the history of the O.B. in the following link:

www.revolutionaryday.com...

Basically all you need to know is that the battle that took place here has been known as one of the bloodiest battles of the revolutionary war and took the lives of nearly 500 men in a matter of hours.

Besides the below pictures I have experienced hearing musket fire, the sounds of many footsteps walking through the woods, loud thumps (much like a large rock being dropped right in front of you), sickly sounding breathing right behind my ear, and on one occasion I even witnessed a dark figure walk from one tree to another almost like it was stalking something (which was interesting because that was what the Native Americans did while they snuck up on the unsuspecting militiamen).

I was hesitant to add the first photos of orbs mostly because of how difficult is to prove their authenticity. These still intrigue me because they follow the basic rules of orbs in that they are perfectly round and emit their own light. However I ask that you be the judge.

The next is of some ectoplasm.

The following image is of a eerie mist that appeared in front of the camera.

Here it is enhanced.

The next was a photo taken of some cigarette smoke. At first we didn't think anything of it. However one of my friends noticed something that looked like eyes on the left hand side. It looks like a figure holding a rifle with the butt facing the camera.

I have superimposed an image into the area where the figure is to assist in allowing you to see it better.

Of course I have saved the best for last. This photo was taken by one of my good friends. After snapping the picture he noticed the smoke in the image. Immediately after seeing the smoke his camera (which had a fully charged battery) shut off.

Note the different colors in the smoke and the orbs.

After looking at it for a while I decided to adjust the contrast and brightness to see if I could find anything else. I was blown away.

If you see the face (left side where the orangish color is) and go back to the original photo you will see that it is still visible.

Welp that's it! I hope you enjoyed these photos as much as I have!

Have a good one ATS!

edit on 17-1-2011 by xanaoded because: Link was not working properly

edit on 17-1-2011 by xanaoded because: Re-wording

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Very intriguing pictures. If it was just a set of orb photos I probably wouldn't have continued to look and look again because for some reason, I don't really buy orb images because it could be dust or anything.

The last few pictures were worth it though. Thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How much T.H.C. is in that smoke?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KopKoos

Probably not enough.

Mods: remove at your convenience.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Plugged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sorry but what I see here is smoke and some pollen particles reflecting the light, the one with hundreds of them is a dead giveaway. As for the enhanced photos, humans by their very nature see shapes in anything, is the way our mind works.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xanaoded

Oriskany Battlefield Ghost Pictures

The orb is one of the more contentious subjects in paranormal research. It looks like nothing more than a round thinga-ma-jig and therefore... those with short (or no) attention spans will be inclined to walk away. Uber-skeptics and declunkers will call them dust particles... and some orbs are indeed probably just that.

But there is an increasing body of evidence to suggest that some orbs represent small, self contained electrical fields of an as-yet unexplained nature.

Remember, it was only a few hundred years ago that many thought the Earth was flat and the center of the universe. It was just a little over a century ago when top scientists were proclaiming that heavier-than-air flight was simply impossible.

An you gotta love history, too...

Best

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
im curious about the orbs and could they be reflecting light off some particle like pollen ?

here are some orb pics and one zoomed in

More on orbs

"Orbs are a very controversial item in the paranormal investigation field. The fact is that all "orbs" are caused by dust, water droplets or other airborne particles. There's dust in the air all the time, even if you can't see it. The amount and type of dust varies a lot and depends on many factors, including source, climate, wind direction and activity.

Dust is generated from a range of human activities and natural sources. It may be made up of soil, pollen, volcanic emissions, vehicle exhaust, smoke, or any other particles small enough to be suspended or carried by wind. The stronger the wind, the larger the particles lifted, and the more dust carried. Clean rooms are used for testing purposes where dust must be monitored to ensure that no data is contaminated. They have classifications that are standardized classes based on airborne particle counts. For example, a class 100 clean room can have 750 particles per cubic foot that measure 0.2 µm, 300 at 0.3 µm and so on. If clean rooms can have that many particles in the air, think of what a typical living area may have.
Another common misconception is that orbs are caused by dust in the camera or on the lens. This is false, as dust orbs are caused by airborne dust particles directly in front of the camera lens"

www.sgha.net...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, one only needs to think of how many dust particles are seen within a beam of sunlight coming through a window pane to realize how much dust is actually floating in the air.

The Orbs that are luminescent are interesting and I myself have witnessed one that though shaped as a commonly shaped orb, it was luminescent and moved at an incredible rate of speed.

That was no simple floating dust particle.

That battlefield location would be a great place in which to perform EVPs and or EMF scans.

Nice photos and thanks to the OP for posting those !

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Show me a picture of an "Orb" that wasn't taken with a digital camera . Not possible in my opinion

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I notice that in picture #4, all of the orbs are in front of the person in the picture, seeming to indicate that they were the result of a lens artifact.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble , but there is nothing in these shots to suggest anything paranormal what-so-ever .
Just a lot of Near camera reflections and some tobacco smoke.

Regards

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
I notice that in picture #4, all of the orbs are in front of the person in the picture, seeming to indicate that they were the result of a lens artifact.

You are quite right .

Orbs Debunked Here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join