It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Spiderman movie.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
not expecting this at all. Leading actor seems not to be appropriate for the role.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Did not know that about those films being pre buyout, thank you for the knowledge.

Cloak and Dagger on TV. That's going to be awesome. I loved them and my comment before was in more of the they should give them something as well. I just thought that they were such a good basic concept that could really reach a broad group of people if done correctly.

Was also a big fan of DD until the early 90's around the last Rites Arch, then Anime got a hold of me. I just do not get a remake since I can't see how it could be different but I'm sure that is an absurd statement given the fact that we are talking about comics.

Wonder if they ever plan on doing anything for Nomad, or X - Factor (probably not all things considered), Sleepwalker would be cool too........ Anyone remember him?
edit on 8/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Afterthought

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Reminds me of when they remade the Incredible Hulk movie after the unsuccessful Hulk movie just a few years earlier.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Did Thor even come out yet? I'll predict that will come and go pretty quickly. I'd go see Wonder Woman (though yes, I know that's DC), if they got the right actress...

Thor comes out in a few months and Wonder Woman is in pre production.......as a television series.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeandandi
Reminds me of when they remade the Incredible Hulk movie after the unsuccessful Hulk movie just a few years earlier.

Which is funny because there is a new Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) in "The Avengers" and I have read of plans for a new Incredible Hulk TV series which could possibly be an entirely different actor!

I really did like Ed Norton's Hulk.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I think it kinda goes without saying that this will be better than three. I will miss Sam Raimi, I mean sure the third one was kinda a train wreck but he is a damn good director, he just had too many villains to work in. Here's hoping he makes a new Evil Dead at some point, with Bruce in the lead role of course.

At first I was kinda upset about the reboot mainly because, for better or worse, I was crossing my fingers to see Carnage on the big screen. But after I saw some of the casting and saw the newest pics of the suit I began to ease up. It looks like this could be good.

Another reason I didn't like the reboot was that the rights don't belong to Marvel Studios who created two solid Iron Man flicks and are now working on the Avengers. I wanted to see Spidey in the Avengers, Wolverine too, but it looks like that will never become a reality. Stupid hollywood, can you imagine the size of the crowd of comic geeks and blockbuster lovers alike if Spidey, Wolverine and Iron Man made it into the same movie? Again, stupid hollywood.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Yeah it sure would be nice to see Spidey and Wolverine in the Avengers movie. Maybe someday. I don't think FOX or Sony will give those properties up unless they don't do well. I've never really understood how the movie rights to "X-Men" work, I mean, which characters does that include? Namor has been an X-Man for a few years now, does it include him? Marvel Studios have been talking with film makers about launching low budget movies for less popular characters including Cable and Dazzler, who I would associate closely with the X-Men, so why doesn't FOX have their movie rights? I assume they option the rights for the characters as they decide to use them, but I don't really know.

I think it's safe to assume that Disney now has all rights to all future Marvel movies besides Spider-Man and the X-Men. I'm not really sure how the contracts work, but wouldn't the film rights go back to Marvel eventually? I know that if the option rights expire, it will go back to Marvel like what may happen with Daredevil or Fantastic Four (and did happen with the Punisher whose probably getting another reboot himself).

<< 1   >>

join