It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Spiderman movie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

Hopefully it's better than 3.

Pic:www.imdb.com...
Andrew Garfield from "The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus".

No Sam Raimi. No Tobey Maguire. No returning actors by the looks of things.

Don't know about Rhy Ifans as Dr. Curt Conners/The Lizard.

What is "Proto Goblin"???
edit on 17-1-2011 by Chukkles because: I can

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
someone somewhere is really pushing the whole reptilian thing

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
With a full cast change, it's time to also re-envision the franchise and give it more street cred like they did with Batman. I'm tired of the bubblegum super hero's.

However looking at the images, my hopes are dashed. Could they have chosen a geekier guy FFS! Harry Potter 90210 anyone?

IRM

edit on 17/1/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Peter Parker is a geek.

If you saw Dr Parnassus, he's a pretty good actor, he's very English in that film, but Wiki say's he's English American, whatever that means, one or the other surely.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
long over spider man and i think its too soon if any thing shows how desperate hollywood really is these days for a quick buck

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm trying to stay optimistic about this film. I don't really see what else you can do with Spider-Man that Raimi hadn't already done. The suit looks really awesome.

According to Wikipedia, "Proto-Goblin" is Nels Van Adder, an employee of Oscorp who Norman Osborn tested an incomplete version of the Green Goblin serum on. The serum turned him insane and transformed him into a red monster with thick armor-like skin and powerful claws.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's a link to a pic of the new costume. The slashs on the chest area could be from the Lizard!! Also check out the wrists for what could be mechanical webshooters. Its early days yet and there's still 1 1/2 years till the movie comes out but I'm kinda' liking the new direction.
Costume pic.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just seems too soon to do a reboot of this...but oh well.

I hear they are rebooting Superman too. Personally, I think Routh nailed it...(too bad the writers failed him though..the story blew...).

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i still think the batman reboot is one of a kind i dont think you can be gritty with supeman or spiderman as the comics where never as dark even when they tried to be. I dont think they where also meant to be darker as characters also

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, Christopher Nolan is involved, Hopefully he's going to make it good enough to then bring him and Bats together.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I Don't understand why they are gona bother doing a reboot, the way they left it at the end of 3 would be a suitable ending for me. I feel like the fact they are bringing in new actors to play spider man is a let down for me, i would prefer it if they left it the way it was.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

I think that with comic book movies, instead of remakes and reboots, they should use some of the other comic book material and tell more stories involoving the characters and expand the series.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's not a reboot, but a stand alone movie ignoring Returns.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

That makes it even more weird... So I take it that it won't have more than a nod to the origin story? At least THAT is a relief....as if we needed to see all of that again with another actor.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by RuneSpider

That makes it even more weird... So I take it that it won't have more than a nod to the origin story? At least THAT is a relief....as if we needed to see all of that again with another actor.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Apparently the Nolans came up with a way to tell the Superman origin in a way they could manage it whatever that means. Won't be realistic (can't do that with Superman anyway) but until more info is released I can't even guess what direction they'll go with it.

This Spiderman movie....I heard it's based on the Ultimate set of comics where he uses wrist mounted webbing rather than producing it himself. I'm not really looking forward to it myself but if the trailer and more info look interesting closer to release I might give it a shot.

I know my cinema going money will be spent on The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers and possibly the new Wolverine movie if that is being made for next year but not sure on Spiderman

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Disney bought Marvel ....... Everyone is aware of this right. Disney wants to make money off of its investment hence a #ty Spider man musical and All these reboots.

Even Daredevil, Elektra are getting boots ........... seriously.

I'll find thee list and post it but basically everyone in the Marvel uni is getting a movie Short of Cloak and dagger.

Also the new Spider man Hernandez or whatever was also in the social Network. I liked him in that as well as the Imaginarium

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Yep, which is weird, as Disney's biggest competition in Orlando is Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (which has a Marvel island, as part of it...) Awkward....

Interesting idea though...but these movies could just as easily LOSE money too...big gamble.
Personally, I think that most of these flicks will miss...not hit. (I know I'm waiting until DVD for most of these reboots).

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I had no knowledge of that Marvel Island until a buddy mentioned it to me a few days ago. I also thought that a good percentage of these movies could go bust as well, but now I would have to say that I don't know. Initially I thought how can any of them bust the bars are so low, then I thought maybe over exposure. I mean DC is just as deep into this no to mention Akira (which I pray never gets made) Ghost in the shell, Robotech, Cowboy Bebop etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

I know its not the comprehensive list I wanted and its wikipedia but its a start and its a little more reliable for these subjects than it would be for many other things here on ATS .

Also the more I see and read about this Spiderman I'm kinda digging it
edit on 7/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Afterthought

edit on 7/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: nm

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I'd love to see Robotech actually get made. Of course, that's been in Tobey's hands forever, so who knows. Did Thor even come out yet? I'll predict that will come and go pretty quickly. I'd go see Wonder Woman (though yes, I know that's DC), if they got the right actress...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
This Spiderman movie....I heard it's based on the Ultimate set of comics where he uses wrist mounted webbing rather than producing it himself.

Nah, in both versions he created "web shooters" and artificial webbing. Only in the movies or certain storylines was the webbing organic.

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Disney bought Marvel ....... Everyone is aware of this right. Disney wants to make money off of its investment hence a #ty Spider man musical and All these reboots.

Even Daredevil, Elektra are getting boots ........... seriously.

I'll find thee list and post it but basically everyone in the Marvel uni is getting a movie Short of Cloak and dagger.

Also the new Spider man Hernandez or whatever was also in the social Network. I liked him in that as well as the Imaginarium

Disney buying Marvel is a recent acquisition. All of the films were planned before Disney took over and they are not distributing any of the films currently in production besides "The Avengers" which they bought the rights to from Paramount studios. All of these movies and reboots were Marvel's initiative.

Cloak and Dagger are actually going to TV.

Daredevil comics have, at times, out-sold Spider-Man comics and he is a very popular character.. I would say he deserves a reboot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join