It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Precious Metal Bubble

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

right, i get it, the motivation Would be to sell now. But 8 moths from now (I'm guessing), the silver you sell for any amount of us dollar today is worthless. Your literally trading precious metal for worthless paper. Granted its more worthless paper, but soon 10 piles of worthless paper is worth the same as 1 piece of worthless paper.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dropdjones

I do understand what you are saying. However, I wouldn't bet on the US dollar collapsing, why?

ftpapp.app.com.pk...

This is great news, as a rising Yuan will help improve productivity and profitability of the US economy

Yes the dollar will not be the global currency forever, but collapse....not a chance

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

There are people who's opinion on this differs from yours. Who can say, perhaps you will end up being correct, and silver is at or close to it's top price. Or perhaps not. I'd rather be on the safe side. In my scenario having precious metals will be a lifesaver, perhaps literally. If your scenario plays out, the worst that will happen is that I lose a few bucks. I've been getting a lot of financial truth recently from the likes of Zero Hedge, Max Kaiser, and a few others. They are bullish on precious metals now. I'm going with them.

Guest Post: Strong Indications of Gold & Silver Shortages

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I didn't make this post to be against anyone or to be right

I just hate to see anyone buy a lot of silver to have the price corrected after the depression to 15 an ounce because of expanded production and less demand stemming from the recovery

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is long and you can't pause it but it sums up the conclusion to every article i've read about this topic.

www.stansberryresearch.com...

I hope your right

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the link I will watch it now

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i dont know about you guys but im moving all my money into silver every pay check, (in hand silver) The world is pegged to the us dollar and the government is at 14+ trillion in debt and counting! moodys and S&P gave there 2nd warning to the USA last week about lowering its bond rating if it does not do anything about its debt!. we are at the point where it is mathematically impossible to avoid and economic collapse. its all a matter of time.

when the US dollar turns to hyper inflation say good by to the price of oil. trucks will not be able to deliver goods to your local supermarket because of fuel shortages. The paper dollar will be worthless.

Let me ask you one thing, how is it possible that the stock market is rising as unemployment rises with it…..????? Its not. Its called inflation. Inflated dollars are hitting the market as we speak. Its only a matter of month before it hits the streets and that’s when you will see the greatest depression. Please sale all your silver to me if your getting rid of it.

Did you know the US mint sold more silver from January 3rd to the 15th then it did in 9 month back in 2010. Your wrong buddy. Silver is in no bubble. It will drop for a few weeks but this train is going up for the long haul

edit on 17-1-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As an investor in gold and silver, I do not believe these items to be the best investment. Maintain your position in US dollars or any other fiat currency...not today! While gold and silver hold much more value than paper, even if there is a drop, what's more valuable is objects that are even more tangible. My problem is that I live in a small area and wouldn't trust a storage unit in the even of TSHTF. So for everyone out there who's looking to invest, if you've got a basement, garage, or a yard where you could buy a big container of some sort, food, tools, guns, water, etc. Whether you're looking to protect your life or your financial assets, these items will only go up in value.

As I've said for a while now, you can't eat or drink gold of silver.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The price of silver is manipulated. The price of silver is intentionally kept low. While this is criminal, it's not illegal. Yet for decades, COMEX, the commodities exchange, has been in cahoots with the biggest silver investors at the expense of the little silver investor. This is about to end, thanks to some regulatory changes that may offer the biggest opportunity for silver investors between January and March of 2011.

finance.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0wNc9s9zjNNrE4AASK7YWsA;_ylu=X3o'___'FmcHRlcjlrBHBvcwMzBHNlYwNleH BlcnRPcGluaW9uRHluYW1pYwRzbGsDc2VsbGdvbGRidXlz

please read this artical

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

yes what you are saying is true in a all out economic, end of the world, thunder dome, style event. ( and im ready for that too, but i dont think the powers to be who are pulling the stings will want that to happen.

Im looking at a move to crash the doller and set up a world curancy.

sorry for spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this precious metals talk as of late is eerily similar to real estate in 2007, investors said "homes are a great investment because everybody needs a place to live, it can only go up from here."

or the oil bubble in 2008, investors said, "we are approaching peak oil, it only can go up from here"

or the stock bubble in 2000, investors said, "the internet is here to stay, it can only go up from here."

or the uranium bubble around 2007, investors said, "population is rising and nuclear power is here to stay, it can only go up from here."

or the commodities bubble a few years ago, rice, paper, wheat corn, etc all blew up, investors said, everybody needs to eat, it can only go up from here."

or the stock crash in 1929, investors said, "stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau"

or even gold and silver in the 80's

the point is, there is merit in owning some metals as a hedge but there is a point when a small price increase catches the eye of technical traders who buy on the momentum, then that momentum is picked up on as more and more people notice. then all kinds of reasons why it will keep going up forever make the rounds until its a giant bubble.
with the frequency of this repeated process i still wonder how people fall for this over and over again.

be careful friends.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
....I am a smart investor

I bought low and will sell high

I have a little history on various investment forums, and this is the first time I've seen someone start a thread dedicated to bashing an asset.......that they still own

Or claim they own

top topics

<< 1   >>

join