It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human body as a projector?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hello, has anyone thought of the human body as a projector to our consciousness? Because with out my body its hard to realize what exists because it seems like my consciousness needs a body to experience the material world.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Have you yet been *out of your body* to know if you still have any thought or feeling or awareness?
You may find that you dont need your body after all.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
are you in the cult desteni

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

If people have out of body experience then where does there consciousness reside in relation to a location in the material world? Is a out of body experience just a thought created in the material brain?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I dont accept that the only reality is materialism. A thought cannot be pinpointed in the brain only the area of the brain that shows activity which basically means it is uptaking oxygen a little more than other areas. No one has yet been able to define a thought or know how that thought was born or reached.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

No I am not in any cult, just like to look at things from all angles as well as from outside the box

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I just watched a fascinating lecture on this. It's deep. Real deep. I encourage you to watch "The Primacy of Consciousness".

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
are you in the cult desteni

could you elaborate on the cult destini?? ive seen them on you tube what is there deal??

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I like the wording you used, "a projector to our consciousness", I've never thought about it like that, though I consider that accurate (at least along the lines of my own belief system
).

I'm not sure if you would need a body to experience material reality, but it's my suspicion that without a body, a consciousness experiencing material reality would also experience whatever else there is that is beyond the body's perception. The other-worldly perceptions/experiences could be so intense that once the body is gone, material reality couldn't be experienced the same way again.

top topics

join