It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Copper Personality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hello fellow members, I recently became aware of the term "copper personality," and was curious what others think or what experience they have had with it, particularly any adjustments of copper intake and any changes as a result?
This is what caught my eye:

"THE COPPER PERSONALITY
There is a high copper personality. Positive traits include a warm, caring, sensitive, emotional nature, often with artistic orientation and a child-like quality. Often high-copper people are young-looking. Many traditional feminine traits are associated with copper such as softness, gentleness and intuitiveness.
When the personality is not fully integrated or the copper becomes too high, negative traits show up. These include spaciness, racing thoughts, living in a dream world, naivete, childishness, excessive emotions, sentimentality, a tendency to depression, fearfulness, hidden anger and resentments, phobias, psychosis and violence. Artists, inventors and other high-copper types often "live on the edge", in part due to their high copper level."

www.giveittomeraw.com...
I can relate to some of this, not the violent, psychotic, depressed or violent part, but some of the others. I once considered the "Highly Sensitive Person" (www.abovetopsecret.com...) traits to be what I was experiencing, but I had a hard time finding any clinical validation for that in any literature. I acknowledge the human nature aspect of finding something online and conveniently determining it to be the answer to our problems, but at the same time, examining any related evidence and testimony is important also.

Additionally, psoriasis and other skin problems can occur as a result of too much copper. I have a mild case of psoriasis, but it seems to be getting worse.

Apparently one can get tested for copper levels by blood work, UA or hair test, and I am wondering if anyone here has done that? Man I wish I could alter my personality and get rid of psoriasis by adjusting my copper intake, that would be easy, but before I get all excited I wanted to run it thru the ATS mill for feedback.
Additional Links:

COPPER TOXICITY: SOURCES OF COPPER
Today, many children are born with excessive tissue copper. It is passed from high-copper mothers to their children through the placenta.

Stress from any cause contributes to copper imbalance. Stress depletes the adrenal glands and lowers the zinc level in the body. Whenever zinc becomes deficient, copper tends to accumulate. Our soil is low in zinc. Refined sugar, white rice and white flour have been stripped of their zinc. The trend toward vegetarianism reduces zinc in the diet, since red meat is the best dietary source of zinc.

Copper is found in many foods, particularly vegetarian proteins such as nuts, beans, seeds and grains. Meats contain copper, but it is balanced by zinc which competes for its absorption. Chocolate is high in copper. A desire for copper may help explain chocolate cravings.

Another source of copper is drinking water that remained in copper water pipes, or copper added to your water supply. During a recent dry summer, several Oregon cities added copper sulfate to their reservoirs to reduce algae growth. Accident and disease rates increased.

Other sources of copper are copper cookware, dental materials, vitamin pills, fungicides and pesticides residues on food, copper intra-uterine devices and birth control pills. Mrs. Robinson and her 6-month-old, breast-fed baby both began to experience hair loss. The cause was a daily prenatal vitamin containing 4 milligrams of copper, far too much for this high-copper mother. Deficiencies of manganese, iron, B-vitamins and vitamin C can cause copper to accumulate. Adrenal hormones cause the liver to produce ceruloplasmin, the main copper binding protein in the body. Therefore, a sluggish liver or weak adrenal glands may cause copper to build up in the tissues.

www.healthforyou.org...
www.advancedfamilyhealth.com...
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this....
This may belong in the Psychology forum instead?

Thank you,
spec
edit on 16-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I started to read this "Copper personality" thing you were talking about but sadly i could not be as interested as i would like to.

But i wanted to point out that the sculpture on the top is simply amazing.
Just majestic in a way.
Gonna see if i can find a place nearby that has something like this for me to gaze at!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

But i wanted to point out that the sculpture on the top is simply amazing.

No worries Anttyk47, and I thought the sculpture was awesome too, almost too much for the thread but it was the only copper body pic I could find

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

(screeching sounds)
Copper, let us take you
To the furnace, where we'll break you
The fire so big and pretty you could cry
As you buckle, you could ask me...
"What was wrong with me before? Did I need the silver, to be suitable?"
Copper, I have a use for you. It's easy work, and it suits you
Dazzled dirty beauty you must know,
Copper is a conductor, and makes for decent cooking
Dazzled by your beauty still, you know
Plated, or anodized,
You fool even a layman's eyes
Presentable though you might be
It's unwise to try to fight me

Copper
You will never be gold
edit on 16-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Copper
You will never be gold

Unless I find me a good alchemist

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Interesting idea and post. I have always loved copper, and it seems I have alot of the personality traits you have given in this post. I do not cry much about my own life or experience, but can sob when hearing a beautiful song or even a commercial. lol. I am also naive and I like to think warm and caring. Have not had my copper levels tested, so can't speak to that.

This is off post but I have to comment that all the art, including the sculpture on this thread, you have posted about is extraordinary. You have a fine aesthetic sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Hey there lamschist, I am glad you enjoyed the art stuff

I guess this copper thing is yet another claim I hope to use to qualify some of my more negative attributes, but at the same time I value some of those attributes and don't mind being considered eccentric. It is family and friends that sometimes feel neglected, which makes me feel a little sad sometimes. Granted, I do not communicate with everyone as much as I should, but I find much solace in my solitary sanctuary and enjoy cultivating creativity. I think I just need a little balance, but if this copper thing is genuine, I'm willing to try and check my levels, if for no other reason than keep my machine running in peak performance.
Thanks for the reply....

Peace,
spec
edit on 16-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That picture is beautiful and alluring.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

You know the more I look at it, the more I appreciate it too!

The detail and shapes are amazing. Copper Man would make a good avatar me thinks.

top topics

join