It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Has Nothing on This California Forecast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
www.nbclosangeles.com

So you might be surprised that a group of 117 scientists who work for the USGS aren't talking about earthquakes today, and instead are warning us of something that could be even more destructive. The USGS unveiled Friday a new study of what they call an "Arkstorm Scenario." It's a mega-storm that would measure rain in feet instead of inches.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-1-2011 by raceway40 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/16/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It seems these 117 scientists are warning California that they need not be so wrapped up about earthquakes, water may be there doom! There are also three videos on the page as well as just the eye opening information about an Arkstorm, which surely can seem like all of these "biblical" storms if you are unfortunate enough to be in the area.

www.nbclosangeles.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
With Rio and Australia having the same issues now, I'd say it's plausible.

But. . . . these same scientists didn't or couldn't predict these stoms that hit these other countries, so their predictive skills are less than accurate.

I'd say you'll almost get better predictions here!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
An excellent thread, but, WHAT are they telling YOU!

YOU all need to worry about:

COREXIT, FUSION CENTERS, RESIDENTIAL CENTERS AND GRAVE LINERS

YOU also need to worry about the 66 Iridium constellation satellites.

The satellites sit in an orbit that follows the priciples of the Eye of Horus in my other THREAD.

Check it out.

66 Gamma Ray emitting satellites with global coverage.
(AKA TESLA technology)
They tested it on Israel's NORTHERN population Wednesday last. 4500 were in hospital with "Flu" the next day.

Watch the Weather change now.
New Year For Trees on THURSDAY.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED

ISRAEL have set US UP.

WAKE UP

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Funny that this post came to my attention.

I have had a load of dreams over the last few years where Cal. is not hit by an earthquake but has flooding to the point where most of the state becomes like the Bahamas, a series of small islands.

I don't know if that is even physically possible you would think most of the run off of rain would head right to the ocean but it does seem very real in my dream.

The crazy part is that in the dream I am more disappointed that I never got to visit the state before the disaster then the actual disaster happening, wierd.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Good Freakin' Gravy! This is all just getting too surreal. How much of this is just scientific hocus-pocus guess-work? I mean what are the odds? They're telling everyone they should be worried. How worried? They don't even drop us a bone as to when they think it might actually happen. It's all a bit vague,if you ask me.

Still,if this is what people are talking about instead of earthquakes,then that's worrisome enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
California has more risk of catastrophic storms than any other region in the country – even the Southern hurricane states, according to a new study released Thursday.

The two-year study by the U.S. Geological Survey is the most thorough effort yet to assess the potential effects of a "worst-case" storm in California.

It builds on a new understanding of so-called atmospheric rivers, a focusing of high-powered winds that drag a fire hose of tropical moisture across the Pacific Ocean, pointed directly at California for days on end. The state got a relatively tame taste of the phenomenon in December.

The team of experts that developed the scenario can't say when it will happen. But they do say it has happened in the past and is virtually certain to strike again.

"This storm, with essentially the same probability as a major earthquake, is potentially four to five times more damaging," said Lucy Jones, USGS chief scientist on the study. "That's not something that is in the public consciousness."

The study aims to fix that.

A conference on the subject, ending today at California State University, Sacramento, brings together hundreds of emergency planners to discuss the worst-case storm and how to prepare for it.

The USGS is assessing a variety of natural hazards across the country. California was chosen for the latest project, called ArkStorm, because the state "has the potential for the biggest rainfall events in the country," Jones said.

www.armageddononline.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

Here's the link to the US Geological Survey report:

Overview of the ARkStorm Scenario

From the report:

This document summarizes the next major public project for MHDP, a winter storm scenario called ARkStorm (for Atmospheric River 1,000). Experts have designed a large, scientifically realistic meteorological event followed by an examination of the secondary hazards (for example, landslides and flooding), physical damages to the built environment, and social and economic consequences. The hypothetical storm depicted here would strike the U.S. West Coast and be similar to the intense California winter storms of 1861 and 1862 that left the central valley of California impassible. The storm is estimated to produce precipitation that in many places exceeds levels only experienced on average once every 500 to 1,000 years.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe we are getting near unknown hydrogen cloud and Earths oyygen can mix with it somhow?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Its alright big arnie...I`ll be back...just watch him !

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Didnt some guy rambling on about his predictions predict something like California would fall into the water or something or another? Something about Gold I will have to search for the thread. Thats very strange if he did and they are saying this. haha

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Found it thats his post you have to read it all or a lot of it to see where he states California.
edit on 18-1-2011 by ExCloud because: add link

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

Why do they never give dates? Not even estimates. Just hoping to see a big change in this world here.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yahoo is reporting this now.

Given what happened in Queensland, I think it could easily happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I remember when I was a kid my neighbor lady was a self proclaimed "white witch" and she was very much into metaphysics and new age type of stuff, back in the 80's before the subjects became more main stream and popular.

She would always talk about the fact that she knew of visions for the future in which much of the US, mainly and specifically California, would one day within our lifetimes end up completely covered in water. This point she was always very adamant about.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Edgar Cayce making a similar prediction at some point.

One thing is for sure, with all of these birds and fish dying mysteriously and with all of this increasingly severe and unpredictible weather, I am definitely beginning to sit up and take notice.

Personally I believe it is an early sign that mother nature has grown tired of us humans and our endless b.s.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The first that comes to mind? A conversation I was having the other day. I said," Mainstream media lies about everything". Then I added, "Even the wheather" as an exaggeration. Mmmm...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My concern.... Where does all that water go during and after the rain? My guess is that a whole lot of it would seep down into the aquifer.

Would it then be possible for it to seep further and lubricate the San Andreas and the other CA faults?

Would it be enough to cause a massive slip of the plates?

Don't really think this will happen, but the scenario intrigues me.

top topics

join