It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner's parents paid for shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Stefan Molyneux explores how media largely ignores how Jared was funded by his parents. He was unemployed, but had money for camera, internet access, a gun and ammunition.

Stef also points out how important is aspect of parenting and why what we reap is what we sow.

Thanks for watching

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
this guy is a jerk
next theory thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply.
Why do you think he is jerk? Sounds like a false argument - Ad Hominem.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

What about social conditioning. Could this be just as valid a reason for Loughner's mental instability?

Blaming the parents is too easy and no theory at all. I live in a country where the previous government wanted to abdicate teacher responsibilities for underachieving school kids. Blame the parents, it is all their fault. Wrong, parents and society have an equal responsibility in how kids become conditioned.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I think you're spot on there. It's generally accepted that your peers are more of an influence on you than your parents. Peers are influenced by both their parents, and society, so it's really all one big interconnected mess.

I unfortunately have had the displeasure of knowing some horrible people over the years, and on both counts their parents have been incredibly sensible and loving individuals.

Once you become an adult it's all down to you. You can't blame your family for everything, because once you are old enough to make your own decisions, you are old enough to take personal responsibility for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Who "funded" him pretty much pointless.

Let's blame the gov everytime some welfare
recipient stabs somebody, let's blame every employer when somebody pays for a hooker or drugs.

Just more pointless blaming.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
He's 22. An adult. His parents shouldn't have been funding him anyway. Though they "inadvertently" paid for the shooting, they shouldn't be held to blame.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Your point? You think parents like ultra conservatives, should have let their son starve on the street?

NADA.

In addition, this guy is a front for CIA. The whole thing was set up. It was a conspiracy.

edit to add: The sun must be involved, providing everyone with sunlight, and warmth, not just the good law abiding citizens, and the Creator too,after all he/she also provides good things for all people, and doesn't just eliminate the will be bad ones ahead of time.

Seems to me to be a real push for ratting people out, control, NAZI Germany stuff.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He's 22. An adult. His parents shouldn't have been funding him anyway. Though they "inadvertently" paid for the shooting, they shouldn't be held to blame.

They didn't inadvertently pay for anything anymore than God did for providing air, sunlight and nutrients to all people as well. Anyone who doesnt look after their own, and that goes for a whole country, has no honor at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This guy is an idiot. His argument is insane. We can not pass the blame onto Loughner’s parents. The Parent’s of an adult have no Control over what actions their adult child does, even to think that one would have control over the actions of an adult shows a serious mental deficiency.

Placing Loughner in the role of VICTIM, because his childhood was not perfect is an insult to the true victims of this crime. They are a lot of people in this world whose parents were abusive, not good role models and you don’t see them committing heinous crimes.

Crime is a choice. No one is “Forced” to commit a criminal act. The Crime stays with the Criminal.

It is the same with these Political Opportunist would want to USE the Victims to further their long held political beliefs. These people are with out shame and will USE anyone and everyone to impose their political beliefs on the rest of society.
edit on 16-1-2011 by brokedown because: spelling corection

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm finding the implications here unsavory. I don't think there is such a thing as "perfect" parents, or "perfect" children. Every parent has made mistakes in parenting, be it small or large.

Apparently he was too conflicted to work, or even attend school. Would you have them put him under the bridge with a pillow and a happy meal?

It's too premature to make any kind of judgment about these people, and for someone to say "they funded the shooting" is cruel, and absurd. If this is true, they too, will go to prison. I'm betting it's not.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by FIFIGI

Your point? You think parents like ultra conservatives, should have let their son starve on the street?

NADA.

In addition, this guy is a front for CIA. The whole thing was set up. It was a conspiracy.

edit to add: The sun must be involved, providing everyone with sunlight, and warmth, not just the good law abiding citizens, and the Creator too,after all he/she also provides good things for all people, and doesn't just eliminate the will be bad ones ahead of time.

Seems to me to be a real push for ratting people out, control, NAZI Germany stuff.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for reply.

I think that his parents should have noticed some suspicious activity as well as where all the money they give him is gone.

Also, no-one talks about the role of parents in all this, like they do not exist.
Where were parents, when, as you say, CIA mind controlled him? Did they not notice anything strange going on?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Who "funded" him pretty much pointless.

Let's blame the gov everytime some welfare
recipient stabs somebody, let's blame every employer when somebody pays for a hooker or drugs.

Just more pointless blaming.

Not that to blame is NOT important... however the root cause. Was he brought up in a particular manner? It appears that his dad is aggressive to some extent...

Do you think that parenting has nothing to do with shooting? In all honesty?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You don't think "Let's kill that guy how suffocated two cats", "Death to all XXX!!", "Why our government is about to destroy all of society by tea-time today!!", "You are all Sheeple!!" ATS threads are partly to blame?

I have no idea of his parenting but I do have an idea of what he frequented for a pastime and what concepts must have festered in his head and I don't have to look far from where I'm looking as I'm typing this to see it in all its vitriol glory.

Some YouTube user thinks he'll generate some hits by being 'topical' well bully for him and yahoo for Google with the additional revenue it'll bring.

When people want to act like adult capable of being thankful for the suffering which brought us to this pinnacle of society and act responsibly then perhaps something like Jared's actions won't happen again any time soon again.

Chances are it will though, and due to the hawkish behaviour displayed by everyone who bangs the drums of fantastical conspiracy.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by FIFIGI

In the end you are the only person responsible for your actions.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I'm finding the implications here unsavory. I don't think there is such a thing as "perfect" parents, or "perfect" children. Every parent has made mistakes in parenting, be it small or large.

Apparently he was too conflicted to work, or even attend school. Would you have them put him under the bridge with a pillow and a happy meal?

It's too premature to make any kind of judgment about these people, and for someone to say "they funded the shooting" is cruel, and absurd. If this is true, they too, will go to prison. I'm betting it's not.

Ok. Shouldn't parenting be at least examined to some extent?

As previous posters have pointed out - society (parents, school...) and environment make up an individual. If he was incapable to fit into society, who is responsible for NOT diverting this person to the psychiatrist AT LEAST ONCE?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

My Lady, your post speaks volumes and others should note the pertinent points you make. There is no such thing as perfect parenting, indeed it is quite the opposite. The thread headline is a loaded statement and the content questionable. Many factors are involved in this case and it will take time to disseminate all the information.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Of course his childhood will be examined, to attempt to learn the etiology of his illness. I'm not saying childhood and parental issues didn't contribute to issues. There may have been abuse, there may have been neglect.
It may have been an environment of alcoholism or substance abuse. We just don't know.

But no matter what the case, it's unfair to say they "funded the shooting".

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by FIFIGI

In the end you are the only person responsible for your actions.

Am I?
Are you sure?
So you are saying each individual in cannibal societies in past times was responsible for eating human flesh?
... and social influences had no role in it. They were just born with cannibal gene or something?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by FIFIGI

They can choose to stop anytime.

External influences may make doing something different more difficult but in the end it's all you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join