It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner's parents paid for shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by FIFIGI

Of course his childhood will be examined, to attempt to learn the etiology of his illness. I'm not saying childhood and parental issues didn't contribute to issues. There may have been abuse, there may have been neglect.
It may have been an environment of alcoholism or substance abuse. We just don't know.

But no matter what the case, it's unfair to say they "funded the shooting".

Oh, they did literally - that is what I meant. He had no job or other income, from what I have gathered.
To some extent, parents, metaphorically speaking, funded his psyche.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by FIFIGI

They can choose to stop anytime.

External influences may make doing something different more difficult but in the end it's all you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

So, if we are so "free", the question is - why did they continue eating other human beings for such a long time?
The answer is - a cultural norm.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by FIFIGI

You don't know how many ever refused to how many never did how many were killed and eaten themselves for refusing to etc...

Also it is t a "norm" in Loughners case given that his parents didn't run out kill before he ran out and killed.

The cannibalism thing is a bad comparison for trying to prove your point.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
being 22, responsibility lies with himself not the parents, so what if he was living with them at the time, it dosen't mean that they were paying him to do what he did. how hard is it for someone to get a VISA card, have saved money on hand or pay for things out of their own pocket,even without a job.

he even tried making his own money and treasury system didn't he.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Oh, they did literally - that is what I meant. He had no job or other income, from what I have gathered.
To some extent, parents, metaphorically speaking, funded his psyche.

Oh please. They had a son they knew had problems, and they were trying to keep a roof over his head, and keep him fed, and hope for the best like any parent with an adult child.

When you can prove they gave him money and told him "go to the safeway today and do a mass killing", then we'll talk.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
An alien race millions of years a head of humans on Earth could possibly manipulate the players to do what ever they want them to do in any scenario. It is called mind control and you think actions and happenings are coincidences? Yes we have free will if an outside source does not intervene and take control. Most individuals will say this is crazy and let their ego get in their way and say this is not possible. 200 years ago who would of dreamed of cell phones, autos, big screen TVs, body scanners, stealth fighters etc.

If a group of elite human beings have made contact with aliens and would protect these aliens with secrecy and the human elite are given information for exchange of technology and how to tap into great sources of wealth there would be trade offs. The human elite would keep the alien existence and their bases secret at all cost to keep their genie in the bottle. The elite humans could say I need this to happen to promote our agenda to take over the world. Most will think this to be a crazy idea but I do not think so. ^Y^
edit on 16-1-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Seems to be another case of pulling an explanation out of the Bag-O-Conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Almost amazing that through this thread it is easy to spot who are parents and who are not. Albeit, without accuracy, it is noticeable.

There were so many other factors at play here and the parents helping their son out with some cash is such a small minuscule part of the larger picture. When I got out of the military, my parents setup a room, I paid them with whatever money I had (as I was unemployed) and they helped out with supplementing food, etc. Would that make my parents complicit say if I got a DUI?

What about looking at it from another aspect...What if the parents didn't help out much and he went out and robbed a bank? Would it be held true that the parents are complicit in his actions because they did not provide anything for him?

Besides, if he was going to college there is a good chance he had a hefty school loan through Sallie Mae or another program like grants. They give you an good amount of money that helps with school, room and board if you look in the right places. Was he pulling in unemployment?

Also the guy in the video is lamenting and lecturing about something he only has bits and pieces for. His opinion is entitled but it is loosely based upon the tiny amounts of facts we have about the family.
edit on 16-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: Sallie not Fannie

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Stefan Molyneux is a weirdo and a profiteer. He's taken the basic theories of Murry Rothbard and a little anarchy and thinks he has found the true meaning. lf you dare to disagree with his theories you will see how strange he is!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wow...a lot of assumptions here and really unfair to his parents, who rightly or wrongly are going through their own personal hell right now, I'm sure. This could have happened to anyone.

Probably tens of thousands of more kids are in the same boat financially. I don't know when he last attended school, but he could have had money leftover if he had taken any student loans. He could have gotten that money anywhere, and even if his parents did give him money for gas or to help with expenses, they can't be held accountable for what he did with the money.

To blatantly say ":Loughner's parents paid for shooting" is irresponsible. The media should avoid this because if they touched on this in any form, they'd be held accountable for liable and slander. Which this idiot probably should be too.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Last year there were 16,204 homicides in the U.S. if you assume only one killer per death (which is not always the case) that means that roughly 32,408 people created or raised murders, without other violent crimes. I do not believe that Loughner's parents knew what there son was going to, nor do I hold them accountable for his actions. I do not know that they did not try to get him help, I do know that our mental health system is a joke.

One of my neighbors has a relative in a facility not far from our homes. The relative is certifiably insane, their brain is swiss cheese which makes them appear schizo. They are only allowed to be signed out by a caregiver, otherwise they must stay at the facility. How is it that this person showed up at my neighbors house, alone, twice a week for a month? Because he figured out how to get out, make a hole in the surrounding fence and left on his own accord. The family contacted the center every time he showed up, and asked them to investigate how he was getting out, because they were not comfortable with him randomly showing up, or wandering the streets, they locked him up for a reason. It took a month for the the center to even investigate how he was getting out, and another month to remedy the problem.

Fortunately, he did not try to hurt anyone on his path, but he is highly unpredictable so the family honestly considered society fortunate on that account. But what if he, or anyone else in his circumstance, left on an off day someone could have been severely hurt.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If there was no conspiracy, I think the parents can only be blamed for not insisting he had some sort of mental health evaluation.

If mind control was involved as seems increasingly likely that's a different matter all together. Either they were complicit from the beginning and equally to blame for the deaths, or they were themselves just as much victims as their child.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This person was not stable to begin with. His parents knew this. I am the parent of a child with a physical disability, and I will be responsible for him all of his life. You can't tell me his parents didn't know he was mentally off. In this, they are responsible, in every way. He did the deed, but it COULD have been prevented. It SHOULD have been prevented. This is a senseless action that should have been avoided by having him committed. "Friends" knew this would happen...they're just as guilty.
edit on 16-1-2011 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

this bloke says it 'well maybe he was playing violent video games while watching violent movies, whilst he was smoking bongs and crack but also whilst he just broke up with his girlfriend.i think he definatly had some heavy metal music on too, and i pretty sure he was gothic. or maybe he was a closest homosexual?'

'just one more. # it, blame marilyn manson for this one too.'

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

yes yes if they could have seen into the future. hindsight is a wonderful thing innit?
just like a parent is to blame for a kid with adhd who hits or hurts another child because theyre a little nut case?
it came from their genes so they must be to blame. chuck me the band aids mate.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Stefan Molyneux is a weirdo and a profiteer. He's taken the basic theories of Murry Rothbard and a little anarchy and thinks he has found the true meaning. lf you dare to disagree with his theories you will see how strange he is!

Zindo

Since when being weird and making profit is a bad thing? ♥

I disagree with few of his theories. That does not make him right or wrong this time or all the time. ♫

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
This person was not stable to begin with. His parents knew this. I am the parent of a child with a physical disability, and I will be responsible for him all of his life. You can't tell me his parents didn't know he was mentally off. In this, they are responsible, in every way. He did the deed, but it COULD have been prevented. It SHOULD have been prevented. This is a senseless action that should have been avoided by having him committed. "Friends" knew this would happen...they're just as guilty.
edit on 16-1-2011 by volafox because: (no reason given)

Thanks for putting it this way. •◘

I am curious, why media is not attending to this AT ALL?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

With all due respect to your statements, I personally know a guy who was nurtured by loving parents and siblings, their part in his life was strictly that of loving family. But he still turned out to be a killer. He was eventually diagnosed as being shizophrenic with narccisism and rage disorder. He left me for dead in an empty house, I would not be alive today had he though he left me alive. He later beat a 17 yr old girl to death with a baseball bat in a fit of rage on his job.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I thought his video was right on the money.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Society reaps what it sows.

Bout time somebody looked at it from that perspective.

Thank You!,I don't feel so alone now in my way of thinking.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join