It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+236 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A while back Stanton Friedman told me that Roswell was not the beginning, but actually the end of a period when Flying Discs (as they were called back then) were buzzing the entire United States continuously for an entire 2 weeks BEFORE Roswell. He suggested I should go have a look through the newspaper microfiche archives in my area because the majority of these sightings were right in my area. I did so and... he turned out to be 100% correct. Every day front page headlines. I am attaching scans and text of those 2 weeks. Also our top brass were being grilled by reporters as to what the deal was. They denied any knowledge and thus were being made to look bad since these things ripped through our skies with impunity and basically laughed at any chase craft. As time has passed and I have done some traveling, I always make it a point to stop by the local library wherever I am and go through the microfiche archives for the summer/fall of 1947. Reason being, it has been a jackpot every time without fail, and the stories vary from state to state, town to town, paper to paper. Many stories are one of a kind not reprinted in other papers. One of THE most interesting facts to emerge from all of this is:
The vast majority of locations the Discs came to and "visited" were top secret military installations. The public did not know that at the time, but presently it is quite obvious why they would be visiting Hanford, WA (Kenneth Arnold and more) and of course Roswell, being the only nuclear air wing. Also White Sands, Los Alamos and more. So as I traced their movements during this 2 weeks leading up to "the crash", I noted all the TS and black project areas they went straight for, as I'm sure the generals at the time did too. They traveled in a pack, ranging from as small as 3 up to as large as 9 usually, 11 on one occasion. They cut corners on a dime without slowing down. They were silver sports models, and could emit intense bright light even during the day but usually did not do so. The pattern of movement reminded me of a rock band on tour, day by day going to a different city, then moving on. The East Coast had a few days of big activity also.
The biggest surprise was when I went to Hong Kong for a friends wedding, and of course went to their library. He came along with great interest and I started as usual a full month before Roswell to make sure I didn't miss anything. Day by day the film rolls by and... nothing! I can't believe my eyes because I had never come up empty before. The entire critical 2 weeks and -nada-. I keep going, and surprisingly not even the famous AAF captures flying disc story or the follow up balloon story was not run. But yet I keep going on sort of in stunned disbelief, then finally, a full 2 weeks AFTER Roswell, jackpot! The shiny fleet of 9 arrives during mid day as 100's of Chinese dock workers, and various townspeople watch in amazement at their speed and sharp movements.

Here are the excerpts from what I found that first trip:

06/25/47 Kenneth Arnold reports his sighting

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e44fdde719b8.gif[/atsimg]
06/26/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Flying Disk Mystery Grows
-2 Midwest Men Support Boise Flier
-Descriptions tally On Fast - Flying Pie Pan Objects
-Nine mysterious objects hurtling through the air

06/26/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Oklahoman Sees Strange Objects
-SPEED TERRIFIC
-WIFE CONVINCED

06/26/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Carpenter Reports 'Discs' in Midwest
-...Nine shiny objects flying at a high rate of speed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d719dc72729b.gif[/atsimg]
06/27/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Arnold Insists Tale Of Flying Objects O.K.
-..."It's God's truth - I will swear it on a Bible."

06/27/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - SALEM WOMAN SIGHTED DISKS
-...sighting the mysterious silvery disks sailing along in the sky...

06/27/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Picture of '7 dots' proves latest in flying disk case
-PICTURE SHOWS DOTS
-MANY SEE DISCS
-ILLUSION POSSIBLE

06/27/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Objects Seen Several Times
-...traveling at an unbelievable speed

06/30/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Lads Declare They Saw "Flying Disks"

07/01/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Pastor Fears Confrere Errs in Air Mystery
-"the millennium is neigh because of the appearance of the "flying saucers."

07/02/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Flying Disk Reported Above Fort Stevens
-..."There is a flying disk right now over Fort Stevens. It was dazzling bright and saucer- shaped. Everybody in the annex saw it." ...Mrs. Seado was asked to call another of the witnesses, preferably a man, to the phone...

(editors note: lmao)

07/02/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Spokane Jailer Says He Saw It
-jet planes "are very slow in comparison with what I saw."

07/02/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Rankin Report Adds Credence to 'Disks'
-...New reports meanwhile came in from 3 Oregon cities...

07/03/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Army Looks Into Flying Disk Stories
-...At first, Army officers laughed off the reports. Now..."it is our responsibility to know about it and take action."

(editors note: mm hmm)

07/03/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - More Report 'Disks"; Platter-Shaped Now
-...compared the "saucers" speed to that of a "shooting star."

07/03/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Woman Reports Flying Saucers

07/04/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Tell It to Admiral!
-...Two Navy chief petty officers today reported seeing flying disks...

07/04/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Richland Man Saw Arnold's Formation
-..."these disks certainly were traveling faster than ANY P-28."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4234e19bb76d.gif[/atsimg]
07/05/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - PORTLAND POLICE SEE DISKS SAIL
-...8 Portland area policeman and deputy sheriff's...numerous private citizens, the crew of a United Airlines plane, and a Coastguardsman who claims to have photographed one... the alert was sounded over police radio... a score of calls that the disks were overhead... Flashes Seen, Noise Lacking - OBJECT UNIDENTIFIED - ...the disk could change at a 90- degree angle without difficulty... terrific speed. "The disks would oscillate and sometimes we would see a full disk,then a half-moon shape, then nothing at all."

07/05/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Airlines Crew Confirms Reports Of Flying Disks: Five Spotted
-NOT AIRCRAFT-OTHERS DOUBTFUL-MORE SEEN LATER

07/05/47 - OREGONIAN - Air Liner Crew Confirms flying Discs Over State
-Many Seen During Day Over City
-Three Sight Objects-Police Cars Alerted-Veterans Spy Objects-Deputies Report Streaks-Flashes Seen, Noise Lacking-OBJECT UNIDENTIFIED...nine in all..terrific speed... described the sight as a "wobbling hubcap"...

07/06/47 - OREGONIAN - Flying Saucers Everywhere: New Tales Convert Skeptics
-Puzzle Alerts Entire Nation To Scan Sky
-Pilot Sees Objects First - Reports Come in From East
-Former skeptics joined the ranks of believers as the flashing objects glimmered before their eyes...

(editors note: heh heh heh)

-...said he had seen a similarly shaped object some weeks earlier, but fear of ridicule kept him quiet
-...And for the first time, the eastern states had their reports...
-...saw a silvery object fly southward, halt abruptly and then retrace it's course

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912a38edcd2e.gif[/atsimg]
07/06/47 - OREGONIAN - 'Flying Disc' Reports Come From Hundreds, in 28 States
-Reports Come in From All Over Nation Telling of Sighting Mysterious Discs
-...came from all points of the continent
-...Science Fails To Give Facts
-Public Advised Discs Harmless

07/07/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Disc Floats to Earth, Flies On, Paper Told
-...he saw a flying disk float to the ground in front of him, stop a few seconds, then take off again...
-...Six persons reported seeing the discs in flight...

07/07/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - MORE PORTLANDERS SEE SKY VISITORS
-Ashland Picknickers Spot Flying Saucers
-...it flew south, occasionally "jumping sideways"

07/07/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Tacoma Cops Spy Discs Around 'Mother'
-..."6 or 7" flying saucers...said "a central saucer appeared to act as a sort of flagship... terrific speed."

07/07/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Saucers in Sydney
-...disc shaped objects shooting across the sky...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1635972bb114.gif[/atsimg]
07/07/47 - OREGONIAN - Eight 'Flying Saucers' Reported Down on Idaho Mountain"
-Air Search Scheduled For Region
-Flights continue To Be Observed Over Wide Area
-Extreme Speed Reported

07/07/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Guard Planes Patrol "Flying Saucer" Routes
-Land and Air Search for Discs in Idaho Fails

07/07/47 - OREGONIAN - Air Forces Deny Discs U.S. Made
-Air Force Investigation
-Aluminum Discs Seen

07/07/47 - The New York Times - Military Planes Hunt Sky Discs With Cameras in Vain on Coast
-Missile Theory Discounted
-"Washtubs" Fall and Vanish
-Two Visitations in Jersey

07/08/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Air Enigma Baffles U.S.
-The Army Air forces disclaimed any knowledge of where the flying saucers originate...

07/08/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - AAF, POLICE STAY MUM ON STORY DISC FOUND

07/08/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - TRUMAN HEARS 'FLIGHTY' TALE

07/08/47 - The New York Times - 'Disks' Soar Over New York, Now Seen Aloft in All colors

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25b1a6890990.gif[/atsimg]
07/09/47 - ROSWELL DAILY RECORD
-THE MANY RUMORS REGARDING THE FLYING DISC BECAME A REALITY YESTERDAY
when the intelligence office of the 509th Bomb Group of the Eighth Air Force, Roswell Army Airfield was fortunate enough to gain possesion of a disc

07/09/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Friends Back Disc Spotter in Portland
-...started moving at a terrific speed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdec9160c0a3.gif[/atsimg]
07/09/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Army Says New Mexico 'Disc' Wind Balloon
-Reports Fewer

07/09/47 - The New York Times - 'Disk' Near bomb Test Site Is Just a Weather Balloon
-`Flying Saucer' tales pour in from round the world

07/10/47 - OREGONIAN - Saucer story slows speed
-The furore over flying saucers seems to have abated considerably...

07/10/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Flying Discs All But Gone, Few Reported

07/10/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Practical Jokers Carry Ball for Flying Discs

07/10/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Roseburg Priest Reports Discs
-"...seemed to be jiggling and darting about",... "the flashes were awfully bright and were obviously from a metallic object."

07/11/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - Wisconsin 'Discs' rigged for Power

07/11/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - 'Genuine Saucer' Looks Like Gag

07/16/47 - OREGON JOURNAL - ANOTHER DISC
-Flight Seen As 2 Planes Follow Path ...the object was larger than two planes which they said were "following" it

edit on 16-1-2011 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Certainly makes sense as the 'alien' myth is designed to fit a given culture - ours a 'space-age' one. Of course people saw the discs in the sky, it is Satan's plan after all.
edit on 16-1-2011 by alien because: ...large quote removed...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Dear A51Watcher

Swamp gas, Venus, Mars, oh yes balloons. Not to forget mass hysteria.

Certainly no little green men.

Oh yes might have been the Nazis.

Let make the man who confused tin foil for an interstellar craft a 4 star general.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Nice find. I had no idea there were this many sightings before the Roswell "crash" (I know they shot it down, including another). Forget about the religious idiots who claim that it's "Satan's plan!".

Of course people saw the discs in the sky, it is Satan's plan after all.

Right... some nonexistent, mythological character has a diabolical plan to deceive everyone with "demons" that are somehow disguised as extraterrestrial, metallic spacecraft? I guess time travelers that show their aircraft to ancient civilizations are actually "demons" in disguise. Makes perfect sense!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I have been at ATS for a few months, had my own blunders, been amazed at some theories presented ( in a good and bad way..lol), come to understand what was previously mysterious to me, been angry at some, fell in love with others
, but this thread tops all I have read.

Thank you thank you for some wonderful info I was unaware of and for a relative newbie to this particular forum and with this kind of thread, Id give ya 1 million stars if I could!!

I see I need to take my sleeping hours from 5 to 4 with all the reading I need to do.

Love it and this IS what ATS is all about!
edit on 16-1-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I had no idea and I thought I knew a lot about roswell...

S&F!

This is a truly excellent find and what makes ATS members proud to be ATS members.

Truly, thank you! This better be an epic thread!

~Namaste
edit on 16-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Very nice! Thank you for taking the time to put all that up as I have been interested in pre roswell sightings recently, just never had the time to look. I find all these reports very interesting. I'd love to see someone try to explain them all away
we totally had flying discs developed right after world war 2....we wanted to have flying discs before we had modern cars you know?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

Just wondering of you can just use the ' reply' function rather that the 'quote' one on such a long opening post. Makes for a waste of space having to scroll past it again. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Wow, thank you for the awesome post. I had no idea about the all the sightings proceeding Roswell, interesting how they all seemed to be clustered around the military installations. I know you had to have spent a lot of time on all that research, great job, thanks again for sharing.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Well done, awesome research into this.

ATS members head to your local libraries and check out the micro film archives,I bet there is more stories from across the USA....and possibly stories worldwide.

Many theorize that when we stated setting off nukes that this caught the attention of others in our galaxy....

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Nice find. I had no idea there were this many sightings before the Roswell "crash" (I know they shot it down, including another).

I figured you would pick upon my various sarcasm about "the crash". Obviously the Army was in a pickle, and was daily being made fools of by these things that demonstrated vast superiority, and that the Army was unable to control/defend our skies.

So I wonder which scenario happened in private with the General and his staff seated around a conference table:

A) General: "Gee I hope one of those pretty flying saucers comes down and lands and introduces themselves to us, they are makin us look kinda bad right now. Let me know when that happens ok?"

or

B) General: "I don't care WHAT it takes... BRING ONE OF THOSE THINGS DOWN... NOW!!!
Do you understand me??!!

"...Guard planes "patrol" saucer routes with camera's..." Yeah you bet, along with our top weapons of the day too!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Many theorize that when we stated setting off nukes that this caught the attention of others in our galaxy....

I agree totally. It seems that maybe Hiroshima and Nagasaki may have been the catalyst for the years of sightings immediately after that sad event. Cant blame any ETs wanting to check out just what the Hell we mere Earthlings had gotten up to with those great big clouds that spelled disaster!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Nice find. I had no idea there were this many sightings before the Roswell "crash" (I know they shot it down, including another). Forget about the religious idiots who claim that it's "Satan's plan!".

Of course people saw the discs in the sky, it is Satan's plan after all.

Right... some nonexistent, mythological character has a diabolical plan to deceive everyone with "demons" that are somehow disguised as extraterrestrial, metallic spacecraft? I guess time travelers that show their aircraft to ancient civilizations are actually "demons" in disguise. Makes perfect sense!

Yeah, then forget all the mindless new-agers who believe these things are 'space brothers' because they are to biased to realise it has all been written in the bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Thank you for your kind words. I have decided it is time to share what I discovered during my years of research and investigations. About a year ago I also started making videos to help demonstrate the evidence (since in some cases words did not do them justice). If you are interested you can see them here:

My Videos

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I had no idea and I thought I knew a lot about roswell...

That's exactly how I felt when I first discovered these. And thank you for your kind words.

~Namaste Baboo!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by strawberry91

... I find all these reports very interesting. I'd love to see someone try to explain them all away

From what I've seen so far the first attempts were demons and swamp gas...

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

Sure. Let's see what else it was written in, shall we?

-Bhagavad Gita
-Bahai Texts
-Buddhist Texts
-Divrei Torah
-Enuma Elish
-Ethiopian Texts
-Hindu Texts
-Islamic Texts
-Jain Texts
-Taoist Texts
-Sepher Yetzirah
-Shinto Texts
-Sikh Texts
-Zoroastrian Texts
-Vaimanika Shastra
-Mahabharata

And on and on... Extraterrestrials are described in almost every ancient text and they're NOT "demons". It's beyond laughable to see such a ridiculous statement from you, claiming that highly advanced technology is "demons in disguise!". LOL!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
... I know you had to have spent a lot of time on all that research, great job, thanks again for sharing.

I suspect you must have done some yourself then!
And thank you for the kind words.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

...ATS members head to your local libraries and check out the micro film archives,I bet there is more stories from across the USA....and possibly stories worldwide.

That is a great idea LDragonFire! I know for a fact there are more stories to be had. As I mentioned, when I stop someplace new I see stories that I have never seen before. Also very often even if it was the same event, there would be several new details not published elsewhere. It would be very interesting to get a detailed view of where and when they "visited". When we get enough information, I would be glad to create a video showing their path day by day. And thank you for the kind words.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Thank you OP for the information, it adds to what may people were really thinking
in those small SouthWestern towns in 1947.
Mac Brazel even commented that "it may even be one of those flying disks I've been
reading about" -during the recovery of the debris.
On July 7, Brazel saw Sheriff Wilcox and "whispered kinda confidential like" that he may
have found a flying disc. (from Wikipedia)

This tells me that it may have been the 'in-thing' at the time.

I'm tempted to put in my theory of what came down near Corona... but the idea of a
Japanese 'War' balloon as already been mentioned on other threads.

Great thread, well done.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join