It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
What strikes my fancy is this:
It's only AFTER the main story from Roswell meets the New York Times that it changed...to weather balloon.
If you do a quick search about the NY Times, you will stumble upon who owned it and why.
The Times, according to history, was heavily influenced by gov't propoganda.

So after seeing all the stories from Oregon up until the Roswell story....
I have to think that the reason it got dropped, or 'explained', is rather obvious.

When you have documents stating how the gov't infiltrated big name newspapers in the 40's...

That's why, IMO, the story quickly reverts to a 'more common' explanation.

Great thread.
When I get more time; I will post links to corroborate my post.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Any possible way you can post the other articles from other states.....GREAT JOB BTW.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
...So after seeing all the stories from Oregon up until the Roswell story....
I have to think that the reason it got dropped, or 'explained', is rather obvious.

When you have documents stating how the gov't infiltrated big name newspapers in the 40's...

What caught my eye was after "the change", was that:

Reports dried up (except for those few people that again got wowed by a sighting and thought it their civic and human duty to warn their fellow citizens), and the public "got" the implied message that if you now reported one (after the sensible balloon explanation for it all (??) you would be considered gullible and a kook. It was now "cool" to ridicule them.

Message #2 that came through loud and clear was the implied threat: "Hey EVERYBODY knows it was all a weather balloon now, you want to be like everybody right?, You don't want to be some kind of weirdo different commie right?"

That psychology tool is still at work today.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxBenBen
Any possible way you can post the other articles from other states.....GREAT JOB BTW.

Sure be glad to. Keep in mind that I am currently in the middle of finishing up a new video, and it will also take some time to type up and scan them in after that.
Tell you what, if you post the ones from your local library, I will take a break and immediately get to work posting a new city for you.

Deal?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Due the the subject matter of this thread and the fact that you're using newspaper articles to back it up, thought I'd come in with a warning.

Don't let the user "The Shrike" de-rail your thread if he enters. I have a feeling he's going to try to do this and it will create nothing but arguments and this thread will be forgotten about. Your thread here goes against his Roswell thread where he says that the newspaper articles prove that nothing happened. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't pop in here to attack you for using newspaper articles to back up the thread. That's hearsay and not allowed according to him even though he does the same thing.

Just thought I'd give a heads up.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
My first encounter with a triangle space ship happened on the 18th of November 2007 but before I start, if there is any person in the world that can say they no something that’s man made and fly’s with a length of a football field and a half then please share with evidence and please disregard what im about to say.

On this night my life changed as at 3:00 am in the morning, going to the trash something happened that has never happened in my life…(SILENCE) THE WHOLE SURROUNDING AREA GOT SILENT AS IF A SILENT BOMB WAS DROPPED.

When this happened my brain got fizzled for I guess it startled my brain because it wasn’t plausible for something like this to happen.. I guess?

When this happened my brain got fizzled for I guess it startled my brain because it wasn’t plausible for something like this to happen.. I guess?

So I say to my self, maybe this is what they call the calm before the storm..OM MY GOSH A TORNADO IS ABOUT TO TOUCHDOWN IN WASHINGTON DC..

25 to 46 seconds I looked in that one direction because first, I think I was having a panic attack and second because I was trying to understand why in the hell could I hear a conversation between 2 people 3 blocks away so clearly and when the car passed some 2 blocks away I could hear the sound of the keys hitting against the steering wheel ,I thought I was really losing my mind for my heart was not only skipping but my heart started beating very slow…

As I calmed my self down thinking about my family and what to do, I was about to run in the house but I had to keep calm for this wasn’t something that Washington really prepares for.
[First light /first engine]
So I take 2 steps going back south ,and what do I see.. loll a blimp. Why a blimp? Because it was to low to be a plane.. simple as that.

Wow a blimp in dc this is amazing ! I have never in my life ever seen a blimp in Washington Dc ,this is so incredible so I take a deep breath and start laughing to my self .. Why? (Because of the way that the light came out the clouds, the sound of the blimp in the clouds) . I thought right there that’s what made the ground go silent as we all have witnessed a plane coming out the clouds with sound reduction in the air the way it did but to be honest, I think I was just trying to find any rational excuse to tell my self at this point.
[The body]
What in the hell is that ? ,omg, what in the hell, that’s not a blimp, it’s a air plane about to crash in the city.. Why ? because now it was to big to be a blimp and only airplanes at that altitude are basically about to crash ..oh hell no and just as I dial 91

Back 2 lights/back 2 engines

As the 2 back lights came out the clouds forming the formation onto the first light over the football field in length in yards 130 to a 160 yards ,take a 20 yards imperfection in me calculating of how it hovered /flew directly over the schools football field. As the silence was that of nothing even imagined.
it didn’t really amaze me about the length it was the width and the underneath part that really was a shocker to me.

I watched this triangle as I walked down the street in some form of jogging under it for 5 blocks as I got tired.

My true belief in all this is going to disturb the ufo community.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

After my encounter I found out a lot of things in my opinion.

1. By looking at the side of the triangle from the angle I was in and it was many, a lot of people that say that they witnessed a tube shape UFO was only looking at either the left or the right side of a flying triangle space ship from a certain angle.

2. I found out first hand that those 3 lights are not lights but 3 separate engines, engines that can be turned off and on separately at will.
[U turn the left engine on and turn the right engine off u can make one of the hardest left turns imaginable vice versa] I believe this is the reason for there highly scientific control power they have as far as flying and the maneuvers they do.

3. Now I realized why it was such a quest to build the pyramids I think the Egyptians was trying to build exactly what they saw that day, a flying pyramid/triangle.
================================================================================

And 4. I honestly think in my opinion that flying saucers never existed.. why?

Because looking at that triangle it broke ALLLLLL barriers to what people have been seeing every since..
The first big cover up in the HISTORY OF UFOLOGY .
THE FLYING TRIANGLE
The very first flying triangle was reported by a man named Kenneth Arnold but the government quickly stepped in and called the Triangle> “flying saucers” and for over 60 some years , ALL WITNESSES in the world have only and will ever see the triangle as the only ufo in the worlds air space.

1 engine turned on = omg I saw a flying saucer
2 engines turned on=omg I saw 2 saucers flying with each other or probes
3 engines turned on = omg I just saw a triangle space ship
1 engine turned on and turns off = omg the saucer was flying then it dissapereared
2 engines turned on and turns off= omg the saucers was flying and then they just disappeared.
3 engines turned on and turned off = the triangle was there then it went into hyper speed and disappeared.

2 triangles 6 engines ,some engines are off and some are on= omg I just saw multiple saucers flying and some was disappearing and some were appearing.
==================================================================================
Summary: The modern phenomena of UFOs and “flying saucers” began in Washington state on June 24, 1947, when Kenneth Arnold spotted nine mysterious, high-speed objects “flying like a saucer would” along the crest of the Cascade Range near Mount Rainier. His report made international headlines and triggered hundreds of similar accounts of “flying saucers” locally and across the nation.
They were flat and rather heel-shaped, very shiny, and they moved erratically, like a "saucer would if you skipped it across water." You can see Arnold's drawing of what he saw here. Arnold estimated their size at about two-thirds that of a DC-4, and he calculated their speed at over 1500 mph by timing their travel between two mountain peaks of known distance.

like a "saucer would if you skipped it across water.

They took the word saucer and disrespected and disregarded what he actually described and what he also drew,that day to me was the first big cover up in the history of ufoology.

In my opinoin the triangle has and will always be the only ufo in the world.
please look up kenneth arnold and determine your self..by the way roswell happened 2 weeks after the arnold incident.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Don't let the user "The Shrike" de-rail your thread if he enters.... I'll be very surprised if he doesn't pop in here to attack you... Just thought I'd give a heads up.

I'd be surprised if his mission wasn't to pop in everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up though.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher
The Day Before Roswell

Thanks for the thread and all your effort for digging up all these news flashes A51Watcher.

It seems that it was pretty busy in the skies back then.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Let make the man who confused tin foil for an interstellar craft a 4 star general.

I thought it was the other way around, that 4 star generals confused an interstellar craft for tin foil.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey You! really great post!
I thank you for bringing up a much needed rethink.
I have embarked on a preogram of my own, in a similar vein.
I have been re reading the books and stories from the late forties, early fifties that have gotten shuffled to the back of the shelf.....
Books by Ruppelt,Keyhoe, and others who had been in on the first flap of the 47-57 era.
The very, earnest approach these men applied to the mystery, and the interesting, but little known facts they brought out, are more than enough to move the hardest skeptic into admitting at least the physical reality of the saucers, (as well as the ùnthinkable possibility they were not from here....)
I believe these men to be courageous heralds of the emerging reality into which our atomic age debut suddenly thrust us.
That most of these men suffered ridicule, and ostracism, deicredtation, and abuse, is a matter of record.
Yet they never wavered from the truth of the message.
The Truth is already a matter of record,Unfortunately, what `record`we have,virtually stops with the passing of these men.
The fellows here at ATS, if not already familiar with such primers as The Flying Saucers Are Real!`and other classic Ufology firsts, by at least, these two men, as well as Wibert Smith.
The disinformation and psychological warfare campaign, to control the knowledge, did not become effective immediately in the first years of public awareness.
The process of destroying any credibility in the whole subject of UFOs took a few years of media manipulation, and outright control of all information by the intelligence aparatus (CIA'MI5,RCMP,and all the rest)
It is plain to see that our technology since WW2 ie (Think vacuum tube,electronics)to the present has accellerated far too swiftly for it to be on totally our own genius.
Though there are lots of modern day whistleblowers,You tube videos,and UFO gatherings,
I have found that these first writings are by far the most compelling......

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Great job. Lots of time and effort involved in your research. I have always wondered what a timeline of sightings would look like relative to locations. I think it could shed a little light as to the extent of their numbers. In other words, do they appear to be small in number, moving nomadically and systematically from one "hot spot" to another, or does there appear to be evidence of massive numbers (multiple sightings in multiple locations all over the world). My gut tells me the latter is more likely, as I believe they have been here for thousands of years (perhaps even millions of years), and have become more visible only because our level of technology has deemed it worthy of scrutiny. Also, being a proponent of AAT (Ancient Alien Theory), I think many sightings in the past were mis-labeled as angels, demons, chariots, dragons, etc., due to mankind's lack of knowledge of aviation technology, thereby making the apparent increase in sightings a post WW2 phenomenon, which it is not. Anyway, please keep us posted on your future research. S & F big time.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
My first encounter with a triangle space ship happened on the 18th of November 2007 but before I start, if there is any person in the world that can say they no something that’s man made and fly’s with a length of a football field and a half then please share with evidence and please disregard what im about to say.

US Air Force, Air Mobility Command.

Reinforced dirigible capable of 200-250mph, heavy lift aircraft to move a Army Battalion.

2004 DARPA started it, called it "walrus", Had to be able to carry 500 tons intercontinentally. Ain't alien.

Neither was Roswell. That was Nazi tech.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thank you op for putting in the work for this thread. Was about time with a good topic here! Star and Flag for you good sir.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is what you found in the newspaper microfiche archives in your area? Jees this is amazing!! Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
OP- Thanks for your hard work on the research. I saw a UFO at age 10 and was on a quest for many years afterward to find out the truth behind UFO's.I have read dozens of books on the subject and always kept an open mind. I wanted the truth, and did not let my pre-concieved notions alter where my search for the truth led me. The 3 questions i was seeking to have answered were:

1) Are they a real phenomenon? (even though I saw one with my own eyes)
2 Where do they originate from?
3) What is their goal / intention for interfacing with human beings?

Well, very long story made short, I have the truth now, and although I do not like what the truth is, it is the truth nonetheless.

Of the many books I've read, there is one that pretty much covers all the bases and for those of you still on a quest for the truth about UFO's like I was, I would recommend that you try to find a copy. The book is titled "UFO's in the New Age" The author is William N. Alnor.

Here's a short youtube link of Mr. Alnor at a conference that will give you a snippet of where he goes in his book.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Great thread!
Thank you for all of the information. I admit to only just beginning on what you have provided, but I look forward to reading it all. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone here may be interested in this new ATS member:

Introductions

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great work on your thread op. It got me on a search mission for more 1947 UFO sightings. I came across this site UFO SIGHTINGS IN 1947 It list's every sighting in 1947 from all around the world.

There are hundreds of sightings!! Here is a snippet of some of the sightings from the beginning of 1947:

12 January 1947 - Puerto Rico, USA - Photo. Explanation: Meteor.

16 January 1947 22:30 - North Sea - RAF Mosquito incident. Explanation: Aircraft.

16 January 1947 22:30 - North Sea - RAF Mosquito pursued unidentified radar target

18 January 1947 - Indian House Lake, Northwest Territories, Canada - A meteor-like object was observed. Nocturnal lights were observed by military witnesses. Explanation: Meteor.

3 February 1947 12:00 - Frankfurt, Germany - Unusual objects were sighted, that had unconventional appearance and aerobatic performance. Three objects were observed by three female military witnesses for 30 minutes (Slack).

In March 1947 - Los Angeles, California , USA - A daylight disc was observed by a female witness (Schwarzkopf).

28 February 1947 - Lake Mead, Nevada, USA - Formation of discs.

In March 1947 03:00 - Putnam, Connecticut, USA - An unidentified object was sighted, but with appearance and behavior that most likely would have a conventional explanation. One disc was observed by one experienced male witness for over one minute (Ash).

In March 1947 21:00 - Alamosa, Colorado , USA - An unidentified object was sighted, that had an unusual appearance or performance. One object was observed in clear weather by two male witnesses, typical age 16, for 12 seconds (Fingado).

9 March 1947 Around 1000 - Lincolnshire, UK - Hovered.

In mid-March 1947 Daytime - Buffalo, New York, USA - Two objects were observed by three witnesses briefly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join