It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds are now singing at night!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i have noticed threads on birds dying recently, though i havnt witnessed any, i have noticed something weird in birds behaviour lately

i have been trying to get this thread started for a while now. it is currently 2am in London. all week i have noticed that birds are very active and singing at night. the energy in the air is like its summer and dawn time...but it is the middle of winter. very very weird.

i have researched what birds sing at night,it is only owls and nightingales. but i am hearing and seeing robins, blu-tits etc. the reason they have online is that due to high traffic noises during the day that drowns out their calls, birds have resorted to singing at night... i have lived here for 30 yrs, there is no increase in traffic noises plus
birds dont think...they just do. so why are they so loud and active between 12 and 3 am.

my own personal theory is earths magnetic field and the seasons becoming two rather than 4. even i am compelled to stay up lately...theirs just so much energy......

Anyone else noticed our birds crazieness
edit on 15-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Birds have been singing at night for as long as I remember. It's the streetlights that do it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yep I'm in London too and there are birds singing outside my house right now. 3am

I've noticed it for about a year or more now though. I did read that birds in cities have adapted to night singing in order to be heard over the traffic noise of the day time, I will try to find a link

Edit

Here is the promised link link
edit on 15-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I live in the states and in Manhattan,NYC at that so I have my own problems buddy.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Socratic Method because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here in the southern USA, we have mocking birds and whippoorwills that usually only sing at night. But they're only here in the spring and summer months.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Very strange behavior - in all my years I have only heard owls and nightengales at night and I have lived in a lot of different locations. Has anyone else in your area experienced this? Have you seen them in the trees (sometimes that possible on a moon lit night) or on the ground? S & F

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
in bournemouth right now and birds are singing outside. they started around 1:30 and they keep going till the morning

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
where i am at the birds keep flying in circles over and over many people have noticed this but cant explain it , like 1000 birds at a time

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I was literally just about to start the same thread! I'm in Bournemouth UK and all types birds are going nuts outside my house between 12 and 4am every morning recently. They are actually so loud I'm finding it difficult to sleep with the window open. Something is not right here!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here here!

I noticed that last night. The dawn chorus is usually 'time for bed' but it wasn't even that late.

Peace (if you can get any)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
wow thank god im not alone.... they are so loud and chaotic...i dont get it.

i have only noticed it this week....honestly its like a summers morning thats how much energy they are making me feel. i wish i could record it...i stuck my head out of the window and one nearly took my head off...can they even see???
nice to see the uk people are hearing it...its been doing my nut, i cant get to sleep

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Ha, you beat me to it! am in Bournemouth too and yes the birds are going nuts at the moment! Actually, I have been noticing this for a good week or so now and the other day they started at 8pm...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Over here they're not just singing, they're rapping too. The crows are all doing this 'Gangsta' thing and I got a Cardinal doing a Sinatra retrospective.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here in the Netherlands we noticed also that blackbirds were allready singing at 4.30 in the morning when everything is still dark as night. Besides this we are very hyperactive all day long, also going to sleep is sometimes hard.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

hahah time for bed lol.

sheesh in that case i guess youll be snorin at midnight lol

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, maybe it's going to be an early spring this year. Birds and plants sometimes seem to know these things, when we humans don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
Well, maybe it's going to be an early spring this year. Birds and plants sometimes seem to know these things, when we humans don't.

yea thats what i think...its got to do with our seasons...maybe its becoming two only

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Birds have been singing at night for as long as I remember. It's the streetlights that do it.

I heard that a while ago, nature is amazing at times.

I live in a City and get the odd time at night when they all kick off. i think it's usually one rowdy little fella who gets the others joning in.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
it's the cell phones.

cmon people! they're killing the bees today. that's why there were so many more bees in the 90s.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Its nesting season in Florida for ospreys and eagles so it won't be long before we start hearing the chicks peep peep peeping to be fed. Hopefully the gulf oil spill hasn't messed anything up near the fishing grounds.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join