It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth must prepare for close encounter with aliens, say scientists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I like this January item from the Guardian, in that it is reassuring to know that ET's are just like us, (that is the good and the bad points) But is there a serious issue in this conference? there seems to be a few high-brows around it to give creedence, so I have to assume it is serious. The next question is why, and why now? The Guardian itself seems to be teetering in it's seriousness, since they have a nice pic of Jordan in alien form in the story! Anyway, what do you think?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Below is a link to the royal Society's pdf's on the subject, they are really ahead of the game since the date seems to be February 13th 2011,

rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org...
edit on 15-1-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Why would you say they are like us?

If something can travel this far, surely they would be higher than us, and more capable of manipulating earth than anything we have. How do we know they are not responsible for the wars? Like how we view ants, lol, do we care for them, but we let them exist as they are important to the chain of life.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by smurfy

Why would you say they are like us?

If something can travel this far, surely they would be higher than us, and more capable of manipulating earth than anything we have. How do we know they are not responsible for the wars? Like how we view ants, lol, do we care for them, but we let them exist as they are important to the chain of life.

Uh, it's not me saying that..it's them, those scientists, it's all in the link, Btw, I personally don't want manipulate Earth. I don't mind Ants so much, except those pesky invisible, red spider jobs that eat my plants.

edit on 15-1-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hmmm... scientists eh?

Truth is, Earth has already had close contact with aliens and manipulation is their forte'.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I must say that it is quite interesting to see the UN talking about preparing for an encounter with aliens. Like they are finally coming round to the idea…

It’s quite interesting to note the high rate of disclosure of UFO investigations over the past few years. Almost like they are warming the public up to the idea of alien existence… Then we have movies, Indiana Jones and its weird ending, Planet 51 to name a few.

I’m not claiming mass mind manipulation but extraterrestrials are becoming less and less taboo, and more and more truth. Or possibility at least…

Was that our doing? Or did we have a little help from TPTB?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
I must say that it is quite interesting to see the UN talking about preparing for an encounter with aliens. Like they are finally coming round to the idea…

It’s quite interesting to note the high rate of disclosure of UFO investigations over the past few years. Almost like they are warming the public up to the idea of alien existence… Then we have movies, Indiana Jones and its weird ending, Planet 51 to name a few.

I’m not claiming mass mind manipulation but extraterrestrials are becoming less and less taboo, and more and more truth. Or possibility at least…

Was that our doing? Or did we have a little help from TPTB?

It's the rumours of disclosure and now this, that I was referring to. But the Darwinian reference is really left open to interpretation to some degree. Any alien form visiting Earth in a shake-your-hand fashion is going to have to be a lot like us just to stand up, since they would need to conform to the rigours or otherwise of this planet.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i have to say something. lets consider that we have been on this planet for a relatively few short years, in comparison to the age of the planet when it could support life. now imagine, if you would that on another planet , millions of years ago that a life form of some sort evolved as we did, and made tech. advanses justr as we have. but not they are millions of years ahead of us. so, that being. i dont think they would be agressive. i think that finding resources would be friom un inhabited planets. and they will not contact us for a lontg time. planet earth just isnt ready to join the intergalatic hood. hell we cant agree on anything on this planet. we arte all 1 species yet, we have many different countries and as long as there is religion.. it will be longer still before some one from out there says hello.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
this is only like the 15th time this has been reported on ATS

abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
abovetopsecret.com...
abovetopsecret.com...

is one of a ton...
do a search
edit on 15-1-2011 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
97% of the total species ever to exist on this planet have gone extinct, if that gives you a better conceptual view of how old this planet with life just really is. Not to mention, the universe is infinite--which is something a human mind can't truly comprehend as we like things to have neat beginnings, middles & ends.

Here's some more on disclosure for ya'll.
GCF's website itinerary this month. For years they discuss only business 99.9% of the time... but you will find something fascinating www.gcf.org.sa... Do "CTRL + F" then type in "Outer Space" you will see they have a time scheduled to talk about ET/UFOs & their impact on business, see--www.gcf.org.sa...

Quote from the link:
"Psychological and socio-cultural assumptions and preconceptions constrain us to a large extent, and shape our views of the universe so that we are inclined to find what we are looking for, and fail to see what we are not. Using knowledge gained from research in the fields of Ufology and the search for extraterrestrial life, what might we possibly learn about hindrances to innovation in other areas of inquiry?"

PS I would not recommend battling them or combating them in any shape or form. That would be pointless. If they want us dead or enslaved, then we will be, no ifs ands or buts. Best to assume and hope they have good intentions, which I think they do otherwise we'd know their wrath by now.
edit on 16-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

hi. you said that the aliens may already be here. i want to know is how they got here. can you explain please.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gary13
reply to post by Mayura

hi. you said that the aliens may already be here. i want to know is how they got here. can you explain please.

Are you kidding? Where do YOU think they came from? Use your imagination and just think about it. Not only is there a chance they are already here, what makes you think they weren't here before us? Do some research on Google and you'll get some answers. God only knows if its reliable, but you wanted some kind of explanation right?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think people are putting too much into the word PREPARE, in this case I see it as a 'what if' as opposed to an event we have prior knowledge of.

And please, could those people who claim aliens are here already either show proof or stop with the claims please. You cannot make a definite statement like that unless you have 100% proof and since none of us would be on here discussing aliens if they were already here and seen by so many that the man in the street had proof.

We don't, we have lots of nice evidence, we have lovely stories like my own where I saw a craft so huge it defied the logic of what I have seen flying so far BUT unless it landed and a form of being stepped out that clearly wasn't human then I have no reason to say ALIEN to everything and trust me I DO believe.

So please, when you say aliens are here could you please add "I'm sure" before it unless you have a set of proof you would like to share with us and the world.

And again please, don't just return to this post with anything more than the proof I ask for, stories of meeting aliens, being in telepathic contact, claims using previously presented evidence no matter how nice it is will be ignored as at the end of the day anyone who HAS proof isn't passing it around and those that claim never present proof.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Mclaneinc because: clarity

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are things to consider in what they saying. The idea of an umbrella oganisation to take care of things is the ideal, but to actually implement it on an on going basis would be a different matter,(after the honeymoon) so to speak. If they are friendly for instance, then intermingling and commerce might become the norm, if they are not friendly, then everything is moot. So there could never be one plan to begin with but a series of contingencies. That could include protecting them from us! The more you think about it, the more incredibly complex the reality would be over any contingency plan.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To be honest if they really do exist which I do hope there are two issues here.

1. Why should we pollute their existence, if they have any sense in our way then they should leave this rotten little planet to engulf itself, year in year out we destroy and kill just about anything that moves while playing what are perceived as oh so clever strategic plans to basically grab whats going and ignore the needy.

We then sit behind stupid religions allowing all sorts of human travesties while not having the back bone to fix these awful abuses of power. Allowing sub divisions of these co called religions to abuse and kill while we turn our backs.

Why should someone come here to save our bacon when all we would do is try and contaminate them or grab from them, we will NEVER learn our lesson EVER until every one of us is dead.

And yes, I mean it.

2. Lets say I'm wrong above and these beings turn up and try and help, how arrogant are we to be able to think we can pre perceive their integrity, wisdom or intelligence. Lets say they are not peaceful, do we really think we can pre plan against someone of that magnitude of power.

Like the simple souls we are the only pre planning amongst us would be to see how we can weaponise any thing they might have to offer. Then to try and barter so someone has control over what anyone gets and then off course how long would it take before some simpleton nation decided they were missing out and struck out at them causing them to either leave or destroy us.

People are no damn good, we destroy, steal, control. despite all our power we are still savages at heart..

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I honestly think that the only preparations to be done are how to stop a mass panic if and when they turn up.

I have no doubt that the simple human way of thinking would involve trying to make a deal and declaring war in whichever order you like but honestly, if the stories are truthful and we have had contact over the generations then it's the general population who are clueless about this kind of thing and dismiss it as bogus who will be the ones we should prepare for.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
And please, could those people who claim aliens are here already either show proof or stop with the claims please. You cannot make a definite statement like that unless you have 100% proof and since none of us would be on here discussing aliens if they were already here and seen by so many that the man in the street had proof.

1 person can lie. A group can hallucinate.

BUT 15 million EYE WITNESSES on UFOs and abductions?

Go back to your 5 senses - see, hear, touch, taste, smell if that's all to reality you believe, for whatever your 5 senses is not responding, its is not reality but fiction. Enjoy your loneliness. It is your comfort and solace, a right of all humanity. BTW, all history and any place you had not step upon is also a lie. Trust your 5 senses well.

Cheers.
edit on 16-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i think if theyre advanced enough to get here from their planet
1. they wouldnt need to control us because there'd be nothing we could do for them
and
2. i dont think they'd be hostile/ hope they wouldnt i think if any race of aliens wanted to "destroy" us they wouldve years ago

then again who knows :|

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
if there were serious global effort to work on space related technology we could be colonizing our solar system and preparing to explore further. but instead the eyes of man are set firmly on the ground...at eachother and not in a nice way and it has been like that since the dawn of our existance we cant even solve simple problems like understanding that we are all the same that we a decimating the planet we inhabit. little off topic but still semi relative to the post. "prepare for close encounters" whos to say they havent been here since humans were in caves or prior???? there is still far too much for us all as a civilization to overcome to even be interesting to something from who knows where other than as entertainment or as resources.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

1 person can lie. A group can hallucinate.

BUT 15 million EYE WITNESSES on UFOs and abductions?

Go back to your 5 senses - see, hear, touch, taste, smell if that's all to reality you believe, for whatever your 5 senses is not responding, its is not reality but fiction. Enjoy your loneliness. It is your comfort and solace, a right of all humanity. BTW, all history and any place you had not step upon is also a lie. Trust your 5 senses well.

Cheers.
edit on 16-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

So there's 15 million eyewitnesses, surely there should be a level of proof from that number but where is it.

You see, you are taking what I say from the wrong angle, I believe they are out there but no one has got proof so that we would not need forums like these because it would be there in front of us, so the simple fact we gather on places like here proves there is no proof.

All you have done is prove 15 million have claimed something has happened but have supplied nothing but verbal testament or unsafe video. I'm not saying they are all lying, just saying that at the end of the day we still are arguing over what when who and how.

Why would we need to do that if the 'proof' was there...

Lastly, 15 million eye witnesses to what? Do they really know what they saw, we get people on here claiming birds are UFO's, people who simply won't believe lanterns are not UFO's and even the odd nutter who says UFO's morph in to planes and land like them...

People on the whole are NOT reliable enough...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Finally somebody uses a decent newspaper with real journalists as source material :-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join