It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If human opinion creates 'good' and 'bad', how can we actually determine God is 'good' and Sat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Again, we are at stale mate, because you have "FAITH" that there is a God, you believe that all morality is absolute and subjective. Why wouldn't you think that if you believed in a deity.

Your position on objective morality is the essence of totalitarianism, of absolutism. and it comes from your supreme universal dictator.

It's quite ironic that we've had to amend the moral and philosophical teachings of the God of ancient scripture, because most is too unfit or unpleasant for civil society today.

Again, i cannot continue to waste my time arguing a certified mind. And you insult my intellicence stating i can't be moral or pleasant person without God.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Huh? I didn't claim you cannot be a moral or good person without God. Where did you get that? In fact I stated that in my Christian worlview I expect ALL men to have the same morality hardired into their hearts and minds by the same author. Thanks for the spirited debate though. Take care.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Humans are naturality solidary. We evolved for at least 75,000 years, no mention of Jesus or God up until a few milleni ago, we made in fine without God or Jesus.
humans naturally destroy that which they do not and can not understand or control, it would seem to be in our nature as animals. Even Sagan would say it is in our nature to destroy ourselves.

It's quite scary to think that if God was proved WRONG tommorow, that you would feel you had lost your source for morality, that killing, raping and theiving would have no "right" or "wrong" because there is no dictator to say so, this is nonsense, we still would have to work out what's best for humanity, and we do to this day, it's called Secular society.
you might be right... God(s) have been around long before secular society and just maybe somewhere back in the day two people came together instead of tearing each other apart when they met. God is quite big across all cultures if I am not mistaken, even the Hindus have a supreme deity named Shiva, the Sikhs and Monotheism ect.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

humans naturally destroy that which they do not and can not understand or control

On that note: I've had fun sharing my thoughts to people reading this thread, I'm sure we'll meet again in another thread no doubt.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join