It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran To Display US Drones It Shot Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Iran To Display US Drones It Shot Down

www.dawn.com

TEHRAN: Iran will put on public display two US Navy drones shot down by its elite Revolutionary Guards, a top Iranian commander said on Saturday.

“The planes that were shot down are among the most modern US navy drones and have a long-range capability,” Ali Fadavi, commander of Guards’ naval forces, was quoted as saying by Fars news agency.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The US of A has denied the claim that any Naval drone had been shot down by the Iranians. Now, did these drones operate from the US navy’s Fifth Fleet which is based in Bahrain?

Let's wait and see if they really are in possession of these top secret drones. And if they are, then it's going to be the biggest coup by the Iranians! Imagine all that 5th generation technology falling into their hands!

Which needless to say, could well find its way to other countries hostile to the U.S. And of course, the Hezbollah! Well, I suppose its a risk that needs to be taken where drones are used for recce ops well inside hostile territories.

But heck, why don't they have a self destruct mechanism to blow them to smithereens so the hostile nation doesn't lay hands on such sensitive equipment?

www.dawn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ha good for them... although i dont agree with Iran or it's current politics. I say good for them, if i had US drones flying about my air space id shoot them down as well. The US needs to mind it's own business for a change, everytime they get involved in a war or dispute it turns to crap pretty quickly.

Perhaps the US should focus on it's own people for a change... There is enough crap and neglect in the US for them to waste billions on spy drones and more wars that make this planet worse.

So good for them i say! Shoot more down...as long a there is no people inside that is.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
ha good for them... although i dont agree with Iran or it's current politics. I say good for them, if i had US drones flying about my air space id shoot them down as well. The US needs to mind it's own business for a change, everytime they get involved in a war or dispute it turns to crap pretty quickly.

Perhaps the US should focus on it's own people for a change... There is enough crap and neglect in the US for them to waste billions on spy drones and more wars that make this planet worse.

So good for them i say! Shoot more down...as long a there is no people inside that is.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Amen. Iran is just defending itself from aggression so I say more power to them. If someone was flying toy planes in my backyard I'd shoot 'em down just as well...know your boundaries!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Interesting the US goverment deny everything - Go Iran expose the lies i bet they have looked at the technology or what was left of it

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Seems the US is looking to expand its' current war. "The end of hostilities in Iraq" is nothing more than a chance to regroup our forces for the inevitable push into Iran. I for one don't think Iran will just roll over and play dead like the Iraqi forces did. America will have a real fight on their hands this time.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hmm, Did the Iranians get the S-300 ?

Now that would be a game changer.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Hmm, Did the Iranians get the S-300 ?

Now that would be a game changer.

I'm pretty sure they said they either made their own or they bought from Turkey....I think they built their own though.

new topics

top topics

join