It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oneness. All is one.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by PhantomLimb

There are things that have no matter....like thoughts and feelings. They manifest through the 'seen' but they are really 'unseen'.

What is a 'thought'? Can it be 'seen' or 'held' ect? To make something, to create something....we first start with a 'unseen' thought. To manifest this 'thought' into something that is a 'creation' we have to have 'will' which is linked to desire. We desire to paint a picture, we start the 'creation' of that picture in a 'thought'. With desire, we can 'express' this thought through 'action' and paint a picture and make a creation. That creation holds within it, a link to its maker. Without its maker, it would not exists.

Spirit, the Unseen life within us all...is similar. We have a Spirit that is consistently 'be-ing' and always expression of self goes along with 'being'. We are a 'expression' of Spirit...and Thee is experiencing through its own expressions. Our intellect, personalities, and earthly desires get in the way of what our true nature is of Spirit...but through much processing...the true nature will surface, filter out, sift itself through. I see it as a processing, a renewing, purification. We as 'be-ings' constantly 'express' and I think this is the 'image' we are made in....as be-ing...Thee must 'ex-press'. Alot of the time, we express what our intellect and personality is attracted to....but there is another path of 'expression' that allows the Spirit to come forth and 'be' through us....which is the unconditional love, compassion, empathy, the feeling of harmony amongst all life...knowing self, being 'one'.

You just described the Goal or the Great Work of Alchemy, and the desire for reality to become fully realized in eternity. What a marvel that is.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was just doing some contemplation on my way home from school (30 minute drive). I speculated that we are the part of the earth that knows itself, the earth is the part of the sun that knows itself, the sun is a part of the galaxy that knows itself, and the galaxy is a part of the universe that knows itself.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

All is one seems especially meaningful in our age of the internet and globalization. But in actuality, i believe that hte oneness is there spiritually too where we all are connected as a community of many as one. I believe Hegel was the first to discuss this concept and called it zeitgeist

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I was just doing some contemplation on my way home from school (30 minute drive). I speculated that we are the part of the earth that knows itself, the earth is the part of the sun that knows itself, the sun is a part of the galaxy that knows itself, and the galaxy is a part of the universe that knows itself.

So, you in your contemplative speculation then was the beyond the beyond getting to know itself (him-herself) through you. Marvelous!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

So, you in your contemplative speculation then was the beyond the beyond getting to know itself (him-herself) through you. Marvelous!

That was a moment of speculation and theorizing. I could be wrong. If a star is an intelligent being as I believe it is, then my theory is likely correct. Either way, we are the universe experiencing itself.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You aren't the only one to draw such conclusions or make those kinds of speculations.

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1
Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

------------

According to James Oroc's experiences (Tryptamine Palace), when the ego is dissolved in consciousness through the temporary formation of a type of neurological "Bose Einstein Condensate", there is no real dilineation or distinction between individual consciousness and God-consciousness or the universal "akashic field" (Lazslo) aka Zero Point Field.

edit on 19-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

That was a moment of speculation and theorizing. I could be wrong. If a star is an intelligent being as I believe it is, then my theory is likely correct. Either way, we are the universe experiencing itself.

You are really hitting on some very keen observations. But let me add some thought to it.

The Spirit...the IAM...the one life force within all things....can 'experience' itself 'observing itself'. As we look to the stars...observe them, be aware that they as well as us, are a part of a ONE....then yes, right then, the Universe is aware of you being aware. Its very magical...its harmony. The observer makes a difference, in the way energy behaves as well. You can look at any life all around you...and be aware of that you and it are a 'one' and each are a 'part' of this one. As you observe this...its as if you are observed back. All life is the Spirit...the IAM...experiencing itself.

We cant imagine what 'life' would be...without all the other 'life' that influences us, effects us, gains and creates response from us, reaction from us, causes thoughts to birth in us, causes desires and fears to originate in us. Everything, every being, effects the ONENESS that is emanating....as more come aware of this...the kingdom is truly within us as well as within all life...and we can come together more humbly and emanated a much higher prime purpose of our being....of the eternal being that is expressing through us and all life.

Some dont see Spirit within us or other life and that is fine and OK. But as one does see this...its hard to ignore, we are all ONE. If the Earth is a part of the Sun, and the Sun is a part of the galaxy....ect ect...dont forget...we too are a part of all that came before...we too are a part of the Sun, galaxy, Universe.

I think your observation 'felt' this within you....the oneness that is being talked of here in this thread. As each cell of our body may not be aware of what it is a part of...but works in order accordingly to its place that its of....we too as like 'cells' to a much larger body....can become aware of what we are a part of and work accordingly in our place with the Universe. The difference in the cells of our body...and us as cells to a larger body...is we have the ability to be aware of it at some point...observe this...and through 'will' we have to find our 'order' in this body. The cell of our bodies....does what its meant to do. Humans...must sift through many understandings...and through 'will' of their own....learn and understand the order and purpose for us being a part of a larger body. We wont be forced to do our 'duty' but through seeking, observing, and understanding....we through will....will step up and be what we were meant to be, bringing a more prime purpose of being in the larger body we are of.

Was that too much rambling? Did that make any sense?

There is only ONE infinite intelligent being...and we are all of it. Instead of seeing each star as a intelligent being in its own right...know its a part of the ONE intelligent infinite being...the IAM of us all.
edit on 19-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You are really hitting on some very keen observations. But let me add some thought to it.

The Spirit...the IAM...the one life force within all things....can 'experience' itself 'observing itself'. As we look to the stars...observe them, be aware that they as well as us, are a part of a ONE....then yes, right then, the Universe is aware of you being aware. Its very magical...its harmony. The observer makes a difference, in the way energy behaves as well. You can look at any life all around you...and be aware of that you and it are a 'one' and each are a 'part' of this one. As you observe this...its as if you are observed back. All life is the Spirit...the IAM...experiencing itself.

We cant imagine what 'life' would be...without all the other 'life' that influences us, effects us, gains and creates response from us, reaction from us, causes thoughts to birth in us, causes desires and fears to originate in us. Everything, every being, effects the ONENESS that is emanating....as more come aware of this...the kingdom is truly within us as well as within all life...and we can come together more humbly and emanated a much higher prime purpose of our being....of the eternal being that is expressing through us and all life.

Some dont see Spirit within us or other life and that is fine and OK. But as one does see this...its hard to ignore, we are all ONE. If the Earth is a part of the Sun, and the Sun is a part of the galaxy....ect ect...dont forget...we too are a part of all that came before...we too are a part of the Sun, galaxy, Universe.

I think your observation 'felt' this within you....the oneness that is being talked of here in this thread. As each cell of our body may not be aware of what it is a part of...but works in order accordingly to its place that its of....we too as like 'cells' to a much larger body....can become aware of what we are a part of and work accordingly in our place with the Universe. The difference in the cells of our body...and us as cells to a larger body...is we have the ability to be aware of it at some point...observe this...and through 'will' we have to find our 'order' in this body. The cell of our bodies....does what its meant to do. Humans...must sift through many understandings...and through 'will' of their own....learn and understand the order and purpose for us being a part of a larger body. We wont be forced to do our 'duty' but through seeking, observing, and understanding....we through will....will step up and be what we were meant to be, bringing a more prime purpose of being in the larger body we are of.

Was that too much rambling? Did that make any sense?

There is only ONE infinite intelligent being...and we are all of it. Instead of seeing each star as a intelligent being in its own right...know its a part of the ONE intelligent infinite being...the IAM of us all.

You and I are on exactly the same page. I will like to add that I do see the one intelligent being, but I supposed a fractal theory that would determine where a shift in consciousness would lead and where another one would lead after that. I theorized that next we are to shift into a group Earth consciousness and from there go stellar then to galaxy then to Universe then to infinity. However, I soon discovered after I joined ATS that my theory of a fractal universe had already been independently supposed. It is the fractal universe theory that led me to believe that stars are a form of intelligence as galaxies are a form of intelligence higher than stars. I am making new discoveries every day. Also, supposing that stars have their own form of intelligence and love is light and light comes from stars (which we are assuming is intelligence), one can speculate that the highest concentrations of stellar mass are areas of the densest concentrations of love and ecstatic joy specifically the centers of galaxies. I still don't know what to make of black holes, but just as we have black holes in our eyes that absorb light from the universe that we see (as normal humans), so does the galaxy have a black hole in the middle of its eye that absorbs light from the universe that it sees. We don't see our own black holes in our eyes, but we can see the black holes (pupils) in other people's eyes that are our neighbors. Just like galaxies look into the eyes of other galaxies for communication (assuming that they are higher forms of intelligence). Thus, the wormhole theory, but not from Universe to parallel Universe, but from galaxy to galaxy. The eyes are the window to the soul. Looking into someone's eyes is the first step in achieving telepathic oneness. I can literally feel people's souls sometimes when I look into their eyes while connected. Sometimes I feel joy from them, but sometimes it feels like reliving a nightmare.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I can travel the fractal path to a point...seeing all 'forms' as a unique expression of 'One' infinite being. But I also have to look past the fractal and see how each cell of my body is needed to create/emanate my unique form of 'being' as a expression of the 'one infinite'....so I too as a 'cell' to a larger body am needed to create/emanate the 'whole' of a unique form of the 'one infinite. I have trouble staying at the fractal perspective....for each fractal is a part of a much larger one whole. We as the conscious beings...have a part to play in this because we are aware and can observe. When I think of the Universe being aware back to me...I dont think of the star itself being individually aware of me...but the 'ONE', the infinite energy that is of that star...being aware of me, through that unique form of being.

But really...with words, its likely we complicate the process of understanding.

I really think that we as conscious beings...are to become aware of this 'oneness' that is within and of all things.

I think this is what makes the old saying of 'the kingdom is within you' very true and very so real.

I agree about peoples eyes...like blackholes. I think blackholes 'intake/absorb' energy /information...and renew it or like in humans, take things in viewing from their own personal perspective/attractions/desires/fears. Doesnt the whole 'cycle of life'....breath in and breath out...exhale and inhale...consume and then burst forth? Isnt this such a perfect way to 'renew' and 'reform' energy? When I think of blackholes...I think of the Universe in perpetual motion....a perfect ongoing order. Its all very interesting to think about. And I kinda like now adays...not totally understanding it all...the mystery of it all satisfies me, just as a mystery.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I can travel the fractal path to a point...seeing all 'forms' as a unique expression of 'One' infinite being. But I also have to look past the fractal and see how each cell of my body is needed to create/emanate my unique form of 'being' as a expression of the 'one infinite'....so I too as a 'cell' to a larger body am needed to create/emanate the 'whole' of a unique form of the 'one infinite. I have trouble staying at the fractal perspective....for each fractal is a part of a much larger one whole. We as the conscious beings...have a part to play in this because we are aware and can observe. When I think of the Universe being aware back to me...I dont think of the star itself being individually aware of me...but the 'ONE', the infinite energy that is of that star...being aware of me, through that unique form of being.

But really...with words, its likely we complicate the process of understanding.

I really think that we as conscious beings...are to become aware of this 'oneness' that is within and of all things.

I think this is what makes the old saying of 'the kingdom is within you' very true and very so real.

I agree about peoples eyes...like blackholes. I think blackholes 'intake/absorb' energy /information...and renew it or like in humans, take things in viewing from their own personal perspective/attractions/desires/fears. Doesnt the whole 'cycle of life'....breath in and breath out...exhale and inhale...consume and then burst forth? Isnt this such a perfect way to 'renew' and 'reform' energy? When I think of blackholes...I think of the Universe in perpetual motion....a perfect ongoing order. Its all very interesting to think about. And I kinda like now adays...not totally understanding it all...the mystery of it all satisfies me, just as a mystery.

Well. I made another post entitled, "the mystery of the universe revealed". It is my version of the fractal theory. I started from atoms then to cells then to self then earth then star then galaxy then universe. Universe has billions of galaxies. Galaxies have billions of stars. Stars have a few planets, but planets have billions of animals that have billions of cells each made up of billions of atoms. I mean you can really go on and on about the relationships of one fractal portion to another. I think just the sheer number of relationships that can be made between fractal portions is a strong indicator of the likelihood of the accuracy of the fractal theory.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i completely agree with you!
my name is zack and last semester of school i realized this and it has been eating me up inside. im at this point in my life where i feel like the only way to know the deepest questions is through suicide... idk its really confusing and hard to talk about.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zptramel
i completely agree with you!
my name is zack and last semester of school i realized this and it has been eating me up inside. im at this point in my life where i feel like the only way to know the deepest questions is through suicide... idk its really confusing and hard to talk about.

Yeah well if you kill yourself, according to what I believe, you're just going to have to start over again and wind up in a similar situation in you next life. If you keep going and just be patient with the universe, then you will be rewarded.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

If all is one, then you have all the answers presented to you right here and now, friend. It is confusing because it is beyond what our mind can quantify in any given moment, and it is beyond words because.. well, everything is

Dont let it eat you up inside, because if it is all one, then there is no inside/outside. No worries anyway, its not so serious.
We have limited time, what are we going to do with it?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We come from stars. If love is light, then the source of love is a star. The stars are the creators of life in the Universe. All of this oneness has, for me, led to a much greater understanding/appreciation of our own star as well as The universe. I believe now more than ever that our sun has intelligent qualities and loves. Give thanks to the light. Events seem to be unfolding, especially in my life, as prophesied. Has anyone here had memories of their experiences or dreams spontaneously resurface in the past couple of months?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

i understand, its just hard. i used to love being around people, but now it just angers me that people are to busy with their social to understand themselves and the universe

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Star and flag... Just read the OP, liked all of it but I think the part about serving the universe is interesting. Serving God in the highest. It seems to be a very important part but is it practical enough of a statement for the average person to know what to do with. Many would take it as fluff but in simple terms... to serve the universe would be to serve it any way you can regardless of the circumstances because you never know what small thing might effect it if all is one. Blinders in any form throughout time make it not so easy but I guess it seems to be very important and is a thought that even the most religious forget. They forget that everything in the universe is God's creation.
It doesn't mean to serve anything such as injustice, but religion can become egotism. We can be very judgmental in our limited understanding of things and assume we have wisdom we do not actually have. Even serving something separate from you that upholds that kind of judgment and egotism that you have an association with is actually self serving.... such as a clandish community organization that has good ideas for itself but thinks everyone else is scum or something like that. That's not "The way life is"... I don't think it's the way the universe is. We are all in this crap together.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Really like the post OP! If enough of humanity could understand our oneness we would have the golden age we all look forward to.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Interestingly, that is the place all things are going to: ONE. One spirit, one world, one God, one thought, one universal truth...it will be the end all when we finally realize we are just part of the WHOLE..and that WHOLE is one...something or other

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
From the same lump of dough I can create an almost infinite amount of smaller lumps, all completley unique and individual. The infinite amount of individuality, is the infinite amount of beings that exist in this world. No one can take what you are away from you, infinity is boundless and you are the only you that can ever exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join