It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Still Pays Subsidy While Food Shortage Looms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
With the reality of food shortage looming on the horizon I was thinking to myself about how our government is helping us right along with that.

Paying subsidies to farmers to not produce is nothing new and has been occurring since the 30's. Thanks to "The New Deal" You can read more in depth here: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a snippet of explanation on how this works (taken from above link): the aim of the AAA was to raise prices for commodities through artificial scarcity. The AAA used a system of "domestic allotments", setting total output of corn, cotton, dairy products, hogs, rice, tobacco, and wheat. The farmers themselves had a voice in the process of using government to benefit their incomes. The AAA paid land owners subsidies for leaving some of their land idle with funds provided by a new tax on food processing. The goal was to force up farm prices to the point of "parity", an index based on 1910–1914 prices. To meet 1933 goals, 10 million acres of growing cotton was plowed up, bountiful crops were left to rot, and six million baby pigs were killed and discarded.[27] The idea was the less produced, the higher the wholesale price and the higher income to the farmer. Farm incomes increased significantly in the first three years of the New Deal, as prices for commodities rose. Food prices remained well below 1929 levels.[28] A Gallup Poll printed in the Washington Post revealed that a majority of the American public opposed the AAA.[29]

They were not joking either. This man grew a little more for his chickens. The government stepped right in :
secure.wikimedia.org...

This article is from the Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com... It states that in 2006 atleast 1.3 billion dollars were spent to have farmers NOT produce.

This "artificial scarcity" thing has gotten out of hand IMO. There is a food shortage on the horizon and they are STILL paying these subsidies. The big question is why?

It is easier to enslave people when hunger is gnawing at them. What better way to gather indentured servants than with the promise of slaking their hunger?

Maybe I am mistaken. Maybe BB hasn't noticed the impending signs of food shortage.

What is your opinion? Are we being set up more by the day to depend on our benevolent leaders?
edit on 14-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My apologies for not being able to embed. I operate fully on a ppc, and it makes it difficult to impossible. I do realize it makes it harder to read. Sorry

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Who ever came up with this idea needs a banana. When capitalism gets this out of hand and destructive people really need a reality check. When politicians support policies like this they need their head examined, most of the people have already know this one for a long time. Is there a list around for government policy that needs to go on the burn pile?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

That would be a mighty long list for sure. I was not aware that they were still paying subsidies until recently. There are cases where regular people who don't farm at all get paid by the government to continue not to farm just because they own land.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is a picture of insanity, and a good example of how once the government starts a program it will keep that program at any cost

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

It is quite insane IMO. I think a lot of people aren't aware this is still happening. I myself assumed that the program ended long ago.

Bring back the old farmer's markets and let he who has the best produce/livestock gain the most profit!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In Pennsylvania all the dairy farmers went out of business when the Federal Government allowed powdered milk to come in from other countries with no tariffs.

There was 1 farmer still in business. He sent his kid to college to learn the system. They now receive subsidies for Soy and other crops for not planting them.....they have NEVER planted those crops anywhere's ever in the county.

He also receives subsidies for not raising certain animals. They've never raised or had any of those animals on their land. They are making money doing nothing.

Meanwhile all the other farms lost everything and their land was lost...broken up and subdivided for homes.

America created a Compact of Free Association with Palau and the Federated States of Micronesia. In exchange for us being able to use their countries for military use....they can come to US soil and get 100% free.....Food Stamps, Section 8, free school for their kids, 100% free healthcare.

They flood to Guam and bilk the local Government for alllll the free handouts the Federal Government promised. The Federal Government doesn't fund it all and forces Guam to pay part of it. They are Billions in debt providing the handouts to those Non-Americans the Federal Government promised with the Compact of Free Association. Throwing trash all over the island and stealing anything they can get to hock for $$$...Crime and Vandalism from them is out of control.

I despise this country for what it did to our family farm. I'm glad Americans are getting poisoned from the powdered milk coming in from 3rd world dirt holes. Maybe if Americans didn't allow this to be done to Dairy Farmers we'd still have safe clean milk and food. This country deserves the poisoning it's getting.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
With the reality of food shortage looming on the horizon I was thinking to myself about how our government is helping us right along with that.

Paying subsidies to farmers to not produce is nothing new and has been occurring since the 30's. Thanks to "The New Deal" You can read more in depth here: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a snippet of explanation on how this works (taken from above link): the aim of the AAA was to raise prices for commodities through artificial scarcity. The AAA used a system of "domestic allotments", setting total output of corn, cotton, dairy products, hogs, rice, tobacco, and wheat. The farmers themselves had a voice in the process of using government to benefit their incomes. The AAA paid land owners subsidies for leaving some of their land idle with funds provided by a new tax on food processing. The goal was to force up farm prices to the point of "parity", an index based on 1910–1914 prices. To meet 1933 goals, 10 million acres of growing cotton was plowed up, bountiful crops were left to rot, and six million baby pigs were killed and discarded.[27] The idea was the less produced, the higher the wholesale price and the higher income to the farmer. Farm incomes increased significantly in the first three years of the New Deal, as prices for commodities rose. Food prices remained well below 1929 levels.[28] A Gallup Poll printed in the Washington Post revealed that a majority of the American public opposed the AAA.[29]

They were not joking either. This man grew a little more for his chickens. The government stepped right in :
secure.wikimedia.org...

This article is from the Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com... It states that in 2006 atleast 1.3 billion dollars were spent to have farmers NOT produce.

This "artificial scarcity" thing has gotten out of hand IMO. There is a food shortage on the horizon and they are STILL paying these subsidies. The big question is why?

It is easier to enslave people when hunger is gnawing at them. What better way to gather indentured servants than with the promise of slaking their hunger?

Maybe I am mistaken. Maybe BB hasn't noticed the impending signs of food shortage.

What is your opinion? Are we being set up more by the day to depend on our benevolent leaders?
edit on 14-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Why isn't this considered domestic terrorism?

Because in my eyes this is definately domestic terrorism!

I thik we need to arrest the goevernment on treason, crimes against humanity and domestic terrorism, and send them to Guantanimo!

edit on 15-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add stuff

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for your post from a direct source that this has affected. Bad things definitely occur when we go outside of our country for goods or services.

Here is just one link (there are more) for the folks that may not understand what you were saying about poison milk..

www.associatedcontent.com... (Milk from china recalled after 6 children die.)

It isn't just dairy either... westford-ma.gov...

These things continue happening. They will only increase over time because their standards are not the same as ours.

The benefit always goes to the government, no matter the circumstance.

People need to know where their food comes from. And the government needs to quit playing "middle man". I am sorry to hear your story. It is all too common unfortunately. There is no reason to get things from other countries when we can produce/provide for our own!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Star for you as well as 2 thumbs
way up! You make a very valid point here IMO.

Especially considering this...www.8sxe.com... The link quotes how many children in the U.S. alone that are going hungry. The link is older but I can only imagine that it has increased a lot since the economy blew up.

Somebody somewhere in the government needs a helluva wake up call!

new topics

top topics

join