It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black or white?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ok this may be the completely wrong place to put this so...mods have fun with its placement. ok so i was surfing the web for nothing in particular and came upon a website written by a black guy (wish i had the address, but sorry i don't). his assertion was that the black race is in all aspects superior to all other races, whether it be physical, spiritual, or intellectual. right now, i'm only interested in the intellectual aspect. now we could play the political correctness game all damn day but i'd prefer you people actually open up and state your real opinions, because you do have them. no matter how deep down they are if it truly came to pass you would have a side, one or the other. my question; which race is intellectually "superior"? which race, based upon genetics, has a greater aptitude for cognitive intelligence? as a small step, the website that started my thought on this stated that the black race was more intelletual but they were 1) held back by outside forces (i.e. the white man) and 2) their aptitude was simply unnoticable and if more people understand street slang or ebonics then their superiority would be obvious to everyone. again sorry, you'll have to take my word that is the assertion of the website. and again, lets not be to racist, but keep away from resorting to political correctness crap.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Inventions

White Black

Air plane Golf tee
Automobile Breadmaker
Light bulb Peanut butter
Computer Cotton Gin
Fuel Cells Ironing board
Telephone Street mailbox
Internal combustion engine pencil sharpener
Jet engine Dust pan
Steam engine Traffic light
Nuclear reactor Egg beater
Radio Street sweeper
Aqua lung Beer keg tap
Air conditioning
Dynamite
EKG
Eltric Motor
Telescope
Microscope
Battery
Micro chip
TV

The list goes on and on but I think the point is clear

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
An obvious question for you.

That was then (if he is correct), this is now.

Why should it matter?

Should we care?

What if we don't?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
so those guys wearing their hats all crooked and wera their pants around there knees and call each other the n word are intelectualy and all other things above me?

call me crazy but i dont think so.

and why should we have to decipher ebonics to see if people are smart?

this is the united states! speak english or get out!

[edit on 7-9-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with him about being superior in the "physical" department. Blacks are superior at all sports and physical activities.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
so those guys wearing their hats all crooked and wera their pants around there knees and call each other the n word are intelectualy and all other things above me?

call me crazy but i dont think so.

and why should we have to decipher ebonics to see if people are smart?

this is the united states! speak english or get out!

[edit on 7-9-2004 by KrazyIvan]

You know, those people don't represent all Black people. It says something when that's what you think when Blacks are mentioned...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If they are intellectually inferior in any way its because they choose to be so. Same applies to whites. Ignorance is a choice, its not something you are born with. The only way you could someone such is if they had some kind of mental defect and were essentially retarded.

But thats why I dont like affirmative action, because people who choose to be ignorant and are minorities are encouraged in their choice to be ignorant.

No one is superior to any other, there are always extreme cases, but if any group is inferior its because they CHOOSE to be ignorant...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, depends on what you believe. If you believe intelligence is based on genetics, then yes a race can be inferior mind wise. But even books like The Bell Curve believe genetics are only .4 to .6 respnosible for IQ. That is 40%-60%. Outside influences apply for the rest.

But blacks the superior race? Well, strength wise in most cases yes. But get a bad mother f*cking n*gger gangsta vs a quick Judo/Jeet Kune Do/Karate asian and the asian will kick ass. Or get a bunch of Canadians and a bunch of regular blacks and watch them play a game of curling. Canadians win. Also, I deal with some foriegners when I travel(I have no life so I go to a bunch of places meaning I have to do alot of ATS at Libraries) I can understand most foriegners. Arab, Asian, Mexican(unless speaking pure spanish in places like Texas and such) but go to inner Detroit or Inner Chicago? "Wiut en biuo let go ges zuch ho's en kroooniek" Sorry, I don't speak Ancient Mayan, monkey, greek, dolphin, walrus, alien from mars, whatever the hell that is.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Do you know how this website defines intellect? I believe that is something which must be known before we can deduce any further. I mean is it mental capacity, analytical, amount of facts known...I gather you mean IQ and I guess that is largely analytical and pattern reasoning.

But the problem I always found with IQ tests is that they assume or at least test to see if you know certain words within your language. That is a big flaw because how many words you know doesn't necessarily reflect how intelligent you may be...The vocabulary section just measures how much of a grasp you have on a man-made system rather than abstract thought.

I always wondered if analytical skills and pattern reasoning can be taught as far as learning to deal with abstract concepts...anyone know about this?

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Intellegence is based on each person. Some people are dumb (black or White) and some people are really smart (black or white) and to say which race is better then which is almost arayan in nature isn't it? I mean is there really a superior race? I personally dont think so.

top topics

join