It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Military Records Were Destroyed, Claims Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Microfilm copies of part of Bush's National Guard payroll records were destroyed, for the period of for 1Q 69 and 3Q 72, and backup paper copies cannot be found.

story.news.yahoo.com

In a letter responding to a freedom of information request by The Associated Press, the Defense Department said that microfilm containing the pertinent National Guard payroll records was damaged and could not be salvaged. The damaged material included payroll records for the first quarter of 1969 and the third quarter of 1972.

"President Bush's payroll records for those two quarters were among the records destroyed," wrote C.Y. Talbott, of the Pentagon's Freedom of Informati?on and Security Review section. "Searches for back-up paper copies of the missing records were unsuccessful."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Call me paranoid, but it seems a little too convenient to be real. To be honest, if Bush did have anything to hide, how bad can in be? So a rich kid shirked his national duty... sadly, this is pretty commonplace in politics, and it won't affect his supporters much at this point, so he should just come clean with it all.. IF there is a coverup.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How about the records of arrest during his drinking years? Are those missing also?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It seems a little convenient. It also seems a little pointless. The American people have shown they really don't give a # whether Bush served or not.

It's one of those pointless conspiracies. It doesn't matter if it's true or not.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Not really surprising in any way.

Whether or not the public cares if the President served or not, it should cast some suspicion on what lengths his campaign and supporters are willing to go to in an attempt to obscure the truth of the matter. I say it should, because I know that most people won't care. That doesn't mean that the American public does care though, as Esoterica has said.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why, When and Who did this to our proud Bush *it?

df1

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Oh yeah I remember his records as governor were spirited off to his daddies presidential library, so we can't see those either. Does this man even exist?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
According to the DoD, the records were destroyed during an attempt to transfer them from brittle microfilm during 1996-1997, but were unrecoverable.

Thus we must consider the ominous implications:

1) Bush knew as early as 3 or more years before the election that this would be an issue and that the records must be destroyed. John Titor eat your heart out!

2) The records were destroyed during Bill Clinton's presidency, implying a conspiracy between Clinton and Bush or that the DoD was actually under the control of a Bush-controlled shadow government.

3) That Bush has the power to destroy DoD records, one way or another.

Further confirmation that the current president of the United States possesses terrible, godlike powers, including the ability to be simultaneously considered both an evil genius and an idiot by his political opponents.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is anyone really surprised?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Remeber that Bush Sr was the head of the CIA and still maintained contact with those people.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
thinking about this issue some more, i wonder why (IF it was indeed a coverup) they would cover up the records... i mean, as some have already posted, no one really cares one way or the other.. everyone seems to have accepted the fact that he was AWOL for part of his military service, so why would they even bother to cover this up? it must be either a.) there was no cover up, or b.) they are hiding something far more politically damaging than mere AWOL status.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I also find it interesting that he was supposedly a pilot yet I have found no pictures of him in a flight suit with wings on them.
Daddy can't cover for the Shrub forever.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
They really did get ruined during the attempted transfer from 30+ year old micro-film to a digital format

WHAT could there possibly be to hide?

That he wasn't in Viet Nam? We already know that.

That he was getting Captain's pay? We already know that.

That he was selling good whisky cheap to his buddies abusing PX priviledges? That's IT!

m...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hey man we ran out of zigzags, whaddyaknow.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
They really did get ruined during the attempted transfer from 30+ year old micro-film to a digital format

just to be clear, thats what i meant by "a.) there was no cover up"

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Hey man we ran out of zigzags, whaddyaknow.

and the worlds been paying for it ever since.

-koji K.

top topics

join