It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or WHAT built Stonehenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A very interesting video I found whilst snooping around on Youtube

It a very in depth look at Stonehenge and try's to see logic in the question how it was built ad why, definitely worth a watch! Check it out!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe that most of these ancient monuments, pyramids, etc. were produced by a previous age of man that was wiped out. The survivors of this previous age then developed civilizations and modeled themselves around the monuments but did not themselves create them. We are a species with amnesia so to speak.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
I believe that most of these ancient monuments, pyramids, etc. were produced by a previous age of man that was wiped out. The survivors of this previous age then developed civilizations and modeled themselves around the monuments but did not themselves create them. We are a species with amnesia so to speak.

I have to agree with you, it makes the most sense from what I've seen.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Bruce wilhelm,ken patera,and bill kazmeir built stonehenge during a competition one year.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

"We are a species with amnesia"I like that saying bro
It could well be! only time will tell us the answer... hopefully!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Don't know how they got there, I guess alien technology, somethings or too precise to be made by men

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tropictul
A very interesting video I found whilst snooping around on Youtube

It a very in depth look at Stonehenge and try's to see logic in the question how it was built ad why, definitely worth a watch! Check it out!

www.youtube.com...

I understand the "who" part, but the "what" does not make sense, unless you want to claim that robots build it. Who? Celts ... Why? As a sky observatory or a religious site or who knows really ... How? Beats me, but there was a lot of hard labor involved. A lot of hard work by early civilizations in England. No, no aliens needed IMHO, pure human effort ... Anything, else? An amazing monument, and still standing and operational IMHO.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

You should read Zecharia Sitchins books because he talks about this exactly. He has some very interesting theories, which rival that of the bible and all other religions. He presents credible evidence of his findings, and even if he is wrong, its still a very interesting outlook on where humans came from.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tropictul

you might enjoy the Mathematical Musings of Carl Munck on StoneHenge... and how it fits into "The Code"..

Carl Munck -- The Code
edit on 13-1-2011 by reeferman because: malformed video link..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

I cant say I agree with that my friend, I just cant see stone age man putting such a insane amount of effort into something with barely any purpose at all. and who knows, maybe robots were involved

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have answered this question before. Stonehenge is a prehistoric burial ground for royalty. You can begin further research by visiting Wikipedia; en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I cant say I agree with that my friend, I just cant see stone age man putting such a insane amount of effort into something with barely any purpose at all. and who knows, maybe robots were involved

Just because you don't know its purpose or even value its purpose it doesn't mean that they didn't and therefore did put a great deal of effort into it. Many people do things that seem a ridiculous waste of time to other people but you cat say 'he didn't climb Mount Everest because there is barely any purpose to the climb'

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The Druids, like many other ancient cultures and 'mystery schools' had knowledge of acoustic levitation, and sang as a choir at a certain frequency to raise the blocks and arrange them around the ley line that crosses through England.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Just because you don't know its purpose or even value its purpose it doesn't mean that they didn't and therefore did put a great deal of effort into it. Many people do things that seem a ridiculous waste of time to other people but you cat say 'he didn't climb Mount Everest because there is barely any purpose to the climb'

You hit it on the head because the human race does not know the purpose of Stonehenge today. The builders of Stonehenge new that each Stone was a time capsule. The builders knew as technology increased on Earth that Human Beings would finally figure out how to release the visuals that each stone contains. ^Y^
edit on 14-1-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

top topics

join