It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Psychic Test Claims Future Events Can Predict Past Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not long ago this kind of thing was taken with a pinch of salt...
Not so much any more. Many experiments have been done now to cofirm the non linear nature of time.
Quantam physics has demonstrated this

What is really happening in the double-slit experiment, they say, and really wherever atomic particles are interacting with each other (that is to say, everywhere), is not that the two electrons are in two places at once. Instead, time is running both forward, from the electron leaving the wire, and backward, from its final location on the second screen. Where time meets, running backwards and forwards, determines which slit the electron chooses. The future is affecting the past, all the time, on the quantum leve

www.usatoday.com...

Similarly, modern quantum physics has demonstrated that light particles seem to know what lies ahead of them and will adjust their behavior accordingly, even though the future event hasn't occurred yet.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Anyway of recent experiements have been done that suggest that us humans work in similar ways. Affecting both the future and the past.

In one test, volunteers were shown a computer screen with the images of two curtains on it. Behind one curtain was a blank picture; behind the other was an erotically stimulating picture featuring sexual acts. The volunteers (who were warned not to take part if they found such material offensive) were told they had to try to predict which curtain hid the erotic image. In fact, both images were blank when the prediction was made. A second or two after the volunteer had selected a curtain, the computer assigned an erotic picture randomly to one or the other curtain, and the result was revealed. Read more at Suite101: New Psychic Test Claims Future Events Can Predict Past Events www.suite101.com...

www.suite101.com...

Now i love these kind of experiments, because they afirm the way i see the world. We are not a bt product of the universe we are co-creaters and we can affect both the future and the past.
several other experiments were done here is one more..

we all know that rehearsing a set of words makes them easier to recall in the future, but what if the rehearsal occurs after the recall? In one of the studies, college students were given a list of words and after reading the list, were given a surprise recall test to see how many words they remembered. Next, a computer randomly selected some of the words on the list as practice words and the participants were asked to retype them several times. The results of the study showed that the students were better at recalling the words on the surprise recall test that they were later given, at random, to practice. According to Bem, practicing the words after the test somehow allowed the participants to "reach back in time to facilitate recall.

www.psychologytoday.com...

There appears to be far more going on in the unviverse than we can see with our standerd senses..

kx

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the future affecting the past...hm
s and f while I try to wrap my head around that idea...
and I thought I was finally getting a bit of a grasp on the double slit experiment, lol

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's hard to wrap your head around it, because we are conditioned to think linearly, especially when time is concerned.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonergeek
It's hard to wrap your head around it, because we are conditioned to think linearly, especially when time is concerned.

yes our ego is... but i dont think our ubconcience is..

kx

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
of course. think of an explosion so large it reverberates back into time affecting the past. time is fluid. throw a stone in a pond and see the ripple's it creates.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The past is gone and cannot be altered even if jesus christ himself came back, punched the ground and split earth in half...

it makes no sense, maybe someone can try to convince me but it makes no sense.

maybe past events can predict future events?

edit to add

how can we predict something that already happened?
edit on 13/1/2011 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The past is gone and cannot be altered even if jesus christ himself came back, punched the ground and split earth in half...

it makes no sense, maybe someone can try to convince me but it makes no sense.

maybe past events can predict future events?

edit to add

how can we predict something that already happened?
edit on 13/1/2011 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

maybe we create the past in the present... thats the way i see it anyhows and i know it does not make rational sense but who said the universe was rational...

kx

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
right, it's a hard idea to wrap your head around....
but, it would explain why we experience intuitive feelings,
maybe predicting the future isn't possible at all, and maybe those who claim they can are merely influenced by the future.
Would this also mean that the future is set already? Must be, how else can it influence the present...

top topics

join