It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Question from a new person.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm glad to be a part of the ATS club. Now to get to the point, I would like to ponder this open minded question to all of you.

As of today 6,890,309,333 people occupy earth. Man has been here for many of thousands years but to narrow it down to a specific time you can be familiar with we'll say 0 BC (2011 year ago). So if the average person lives to be 100 (and thats being nice) we'll say every 200 years you would have close to 12 Bil. dead bodies buried somewhere. Even with a recent increase of cremations in the last few years; if you say half of all bodies since the beginning were cremated you still would have billion upon billions of bones remaining or mineral casting of bones. Wouldn't you think that people would stumble upon bones more often? I wonder why that doesnt happen? Where all the bones or fossilized casting of bones?.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by funchboy

Hi funchboy, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Bones decay.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
hey thats a thing i tend to think a lot....not so much the bodies but....in my house.....how many have died here in it or whr it is now.....on the drive to work there must have been 100's or 1000's ofpeople who have passed on.....its a strange thing if u even try to comprehend the numbers...gd question

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, this is a true story -

I once made a delivery to a farm here in the UK.

The place was a bit of a mess, and there was stuff everywhere.

I picked up a familiar looking metal object, but I couldnt quite tell what it was straight away.

Anyway, I realise it was a human replacement hip joint, burnt and tarnished, but unmistakable.

I asked the farmer where it came from, and he said that they spread the ash from the crematorium on his fields as fertilizer, and that stuff like this comes in the ash.

He picked them out so they wouldnt damage the farm machinery.

So, some of the ash goes on food crops,

pretty disgusting eh?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Welcome, interesting question, I have no idea. What keeps me up at night is thinking about all the diseases they died from getting into the ground water.
lol Looking forward to your posts.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Iamschist because: "sighs" the usual

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Oh man that is disturbing kind of lol. Reality of the matter is that all good crops come from decomposed animals and vegitation, but people tend to not like to think about that part of the life cycle

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Soylent Green isnt people,
its people ash!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

First off welcome to ATS and glad you joined.

Couple of things about your question:

Human longevity has increased; back in our hunter-gatherer days I think living to 28 was getting long in the tooth. Yet we aren't at the 100 year average mark by a long ways.

Here's some data you might find interesting:

www.worldhistorysite.com...

It breaks down population by years, as far back as 10,000 BC.

As you can see, there weren't many humans back that far - around 4 million total - and the world is a very big place with plenty of critters that would love nothing better than the rich marrow inside human bones.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for welcoming me to the ATS forum.

Thanks for the link OneT woSix. I think if we used that as a reference as to how many people died it showed that in 1900 AD 1.6billion people occupied the planet. I think its safe to say most if not 99.7% of those people are dead, correct? Now if you add that to every 100 years back of the number of people who are no longer living even with a number of reason for bones being lost due to cremation, animals eating them, decay, somebody making a neckless or possible weapon we are still talking about billions and billions of people. I read in the CIA World Fact book that in 2005 it was recorded that we had a world death rate close to 56Million a year, I'm not sure what it is now. Of course though more people are born by a slight 2:1 ratio. I guess it's just mind-boggling to me that bones don't turn up more often then they do. I know there are large number of cemeteries but 1.6billion people seems like a lot.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Yea it's normal decomposition. Even with crude caskets from back in the day, it will all break down.

I have thought that with our ceremonies of using caskets and embalming and such that our recent bones aren't going to decompose. I mean sure the bodies will inside the caskets but not for a good while. And then you have the matter of these expensive nice caskets to consider. Not all are made of wood, some are metal. So when the world starts to really soar in population, I'd think cremation may be the only choice. We will run out of room in the ground!

top topics

join