It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4400 - Fiction or Fact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Darkspace... can't you get satelite TV?

From what I hear HS is absorbing other depts. pretty fast and have a huge budget.

As far as the 4400 being a prelude to the real thing... well I really don't think so.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I enjoyed the first episode and am looking forward to the next... but the thing that bugged me the most was... were they for real?! How plausible was it to just 'release' the US citizens back into society (and their former lives) with some $$ and some 'rent vouchers'?! Come on!

I found that laughable!

Surely they jest

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
can anyone "tape" it and send it to me?
would love to see it, but i live in norway where they even don't send the scifi-channel anymore

[edit on 10-7-2004 by darkspace]

Can somebody help Darkspace out? (I'm afraid I don't have a DVD recorder at the moment and I'm sure he needs it on DVD - plus it's way too heavy to send a video that far! $$)

Poor guy... he seems almost pitiful.. sniff sniff...

Somebody... Anybody... Have a HEART!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A video isn't heavy :O who makes your plastic.. lol

Well it might be easier for dark to just wait till the series is released on DVD.. they say it's a "limited series"

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Obviously the ball of light dropping off the returnees is fictional.
The names of the abductees may be fictional.

Yet, the creator of Taken and 4400, Francis Ford Coppolla has keen interest in the subject of alien abductions-----I believ ehe based it on true accounts to point out that there were alien abductions a little bit before Roswell (1946) to now.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
yeah poor me, nah
btw, i have both dvd and vhs players. well, looks like i'll have to wait. too bad i don't have satelite, btw, is it possible to recieve that channel in northern europe, 'cause they'we stopped airing the scifi-channel via satelite up here a few years back. isn't it possible to record something to a harddrive if one has a tvcard in the computer? i thought so

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think the 4400 is a work of fiction. My wife and I watched it and liked it. I look forward to watching it weekly. Yes, the best character is the little girl who was abducted in '46 (born in '38). Orsen the insurance salesman abducted in '79 is also a great character. The show's strength will be how the characters deal with the changed world they are brought back to and their personal losses. Can you imagine if you was abducted and say brought back to Earth 50 years later? Time has stood still for you but not for everyone else. The scene where the abductees appear out of the ball of light reminds me of the abductees exiting the mothership in the movie Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If someone did come back say like a pilot from the 1940's and say he had not aged or had some evidence of where had been our government would immeadiately classify him top secret and sequesture him from public scrutiny at some undisclosed location . And issue a plausible denial of his where a bouts . Is'nt that what happens with most inquires (of this nature) are submitted to the dept. of defense that and a thinly vieled mix what you can find on the internet and obfucation.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I watched this movie and I think it will be a good series. But it is a movie. Perhaps many that make this type of film, mix a bit of fact with fantasy...it certainly makes for a better viewing pleasure, but it's just a movie.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
been meaning to let you guys know....

I MISSED IT !!! I can't beleive it, I missed the first episode of this.

Something important came up that night, I couldn't help it, but I think that they're going to play it again soon.

No promises, but I'll try to record it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I saw it and I like the show. I am an abductee....and they ALWAYS send me back! (Beginning to feel like Rodney Dangerfield....Hehehe!)
I have found out that there seems to be some truth to ET-Sci-Fi shows. Most producers/writers/directors are "inspired". I was told by one producer that ET shows are better accepted as FICTION, not autobiographical.
The government may be letting the info out GRADUALLY. They are still worried about The Brookings Report and Orson Wells' radio show, THE WAR OF THE WORLDS.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Imzadi...why would aliens abduct another alien? You've stated several times that you are an alien...now you're saying you're abducted by aliens. Which is it?

Sounds like you still haven't received that psychological help you need. Good luck and best wishes.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Did you all see the final episode of "The 4400"?
Very interesting!

During the final scene, Kyle (Chat Faust), as the human from future, talks about how they had to abduct the 4400 to save humanity. Doesn't that remind you of the "Aliens will 'comeback' in an official way this year" thread? Very similar to kangaxx's theory/prediction!

[edit on 8/8/2004 by jp1111]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That had to be one of the dumbest endings I have seen in a while. Tell me that wasn't it. That was very very disappointing.

They didn't end it. Do they plan on making a series out of it. Endings like that make me mad

What was with the trees following the car at the end? What happens to the baby? What happens to Tom? They leave so many questions unanswered. When I read books like that I usually throw them. I couldn't throw the big screen though.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes, they did leave us confused with many questions!
Was this a season finale or a series finale?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
..are they supposed to be part of some kind of alien experiment or what?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Two points.
1)It is a TV show made for entertainment.
2) If something likr that actually happened, the best way to keep it from "getting out" would be to make a tv show or movie about it. Include as much fact as possible. That way if it does get out, you can point to the tv show or movie and claim "nut case".

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The day of the UFOs are numbered make way for the time travelers. I was let down by the ending.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I missed the finale also...can anyone give a brief sum up of the ending?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join