It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More oddities with the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It seems this is happening in Greenland as well as inuvik

["Beyond the Arctic Circle, can find the time needed for day and night depending on latitude up to half a year, the sunrise something very special - even more so when the always joyfully anticipated event is just around two days early is taking place. According to the KNR Radio Greenland, the sun was in West Greenland Ilulissat on Tuesday (11.1.) at exactly 12:56:57 Clock. Normally the sun goes there until 13 January for the first time after the polar night again. Inhabitants of the third-largest city with 4,500 inhabitants of Greenland, made because of the early sun appeared worried. "Here in the place the sun comes up until 13 January. There will not be the right one or the other," quoted the Greenlandic radio KNR Holger Sivertsen, a 74-year-old local, in a report on his website. Scientists rule out that the observation could have geophysical or astronomical reasons. "In the constellation of the stars has not changed, "said Wolfgang Lenhardt, head of the geophysics department at the Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG) on the high tower. "Since even an outcry would have gone around the world." The data of Earth's axis and Earth's rotation in question were constantly and meticulously monitored. Thomas Posch from the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Vienna completed astronomical reasons for the premature end of the polar night also made. He suggests that the observation is due to a change in the local horizon. An accelerated by the melting of the Greenland ice sheet-related lower horizon earlier than previously allowed a glimpse of the sun appears, as "by far the most obvious"explanation. According to Lenhardt it could possibly also to an atmospheric phenomenon - act - for example by ice crystals caused a mirage. "]

hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 13-1-2011 by foremanator because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by foremanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
these thing are not normal at all, it is becoming more clear that the Governments are trying there hardest to hide these recent events through out the world, im just waiting to just how long the public is going to except these lies before we demand an answer?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I really dont think they ever will tell you

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
these thing are not normal at all, it is becoming more clear that the Governments are trying there hardest to hide these recent events through out the world, im just waiting to just how long the public is going to except these lies before we demand an answer?

You disagree with the scientist's explanation? He suggests that the horizon is lower this year because the horizon is at a glacier which has melted some and gotten smaller, so the sun appears to rise earlier. What's so unbelievable about that? Or the other suggestion that it could be an illusion caused by atmospheric effects, bending the light over the horizon so the sun can be seen before it actually crosses the horizon?

The effect is localized, so clearly the explanation isn't that the earth is moving differently or that there is something different about the sun. . .

What do you propose is happening?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: Blindness

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

You know I am not sure whats going on
But I do put a certain amount of faith in people who live a lot closer to land than I do.
And there are a lot of them in the northern hemisphere making the same claim.
______beforeitsnews/story/229/227/HUGE_media_blackout_regarding_Earth_and_Moon_orbital_changes.html
Not the best of sources but im still looking

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't know what's wrong
I can't see what's wrong either
spider sense tingles

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Even stranger is the fact that the sun now appears to set many kilometres off its usual point on the horizon, and the stars are no longer where they should be. Is the Earth shifting on its axis, causing the very look of the sun and stars to change?

www.theglobeandmail.com...

A better source at least

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am uploading pictures I took last week in the morning. About 8:15 in the morning, (Netherlands-Limburg)

I took them cause I thought the sun is at a weird place in the morning.

In the 3years time that I have lived here, I never saw the sun coming up at that place

edit on 13-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The change didn't happen over night either. The 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began, and since then the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

The scientific explanation is that the warming Arctic air is causing temperature inversions, which in turn cause the light of the sunset to refract so that the sun appears to be setting a few kilometres off-kilter. “There is so much garbage in the air, it’s refraction that’s causing our elders to think our world has tilted,” Kunuk says.

But the filmmakers don’t include that scientific explanation in the film, nor any other comments from the scientific community.

Interesting to say the least. Who's right? I suppose the scientific community would carry on with their usual global warming rhetoric and a shift would indeed cause a change in climate which would validate that rhetoric. I guess the real question is, is there any way to verify, scientifically, that a shift has occurred or is in the process of occuring? Surely the entire scientific community isn't in Gore's back pocket.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Not tryin to bash your post but I've heard countless times, people on this site ranting bout how the government can't keep secrets forever. At this rate they doin pretty damn well sweeping everything under the rug. Even the most blatant of secrets they still manage to keep quiet. The problem lies here... In your post you say how you "just waiting to see just how long the public is going to accept these lies before we demand an answer?" Key words: waiting/ public/ demand!
Waiting: what are you waiting for?
Public: you're a member of that collective so it seems you're waiting for yourself.
Demand: TPTB won't listen until the worldwide "public" unites and literally knocks down the door and when and if that happens it will be too late for them to listen.
This is the general attitude across the globe, while we wait, they lie then lie some more! No more waiting! The time is NOW! Public unite! It's time to Revolt!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Beautiful sunrise

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Revolution doesnt work, otherwise we still wouldnt be having them.
People need to change the view of how things work
If you give all your power to someone else you loose all your power
A Goverment should be led by the people not lead the people.

A change of government would be just that. It wouldnt change the system

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Third thread, so far, on same topic.

IN case you didn't know.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The sun seem go in the trend to the south more and more every day when sunset .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

That is a breathtakingly beautiful picture, my friend

Can you explain what is out of the ordinary about it? Beauty aside, it looks like a normal sunrise to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A while back there was a large South American quake. It was said to have caused Conception to move several yards, and it was noted that the Earth's axis shifted slightly. Talk arose saying that the days were, albeit by a miniscule amount, in fact, shorter, due to this 'bulge' which shifted land mass southward. I think this was a big deal, because with an axis shift, a literal physical tilting of the axis, a little is a lot.

Obviously this is out of our hands. It is amusing to watch the ptb lie, however, and take active interest in cloaking, steering, what manifested against them. They were sort of counting on warm winters as to prove globalwarming™. Those who look for God will probably see the hands of God. Technology cannot be ruled out, especially as we really don't know what they've got, nor do we get to look at their electric bills. But whatever they attempt to do in secret, with technology, God is undoubtedly against. Thus I see the hand of God in places where 'technology' does attempt to misdirect our attention. There is just too much of it (secret tech and resistance of God's disapproval) to cite as examples of it. Off topic? so sue me.
edit on 14-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

That is a breathtakingly beautiful picture, my friend

Can you explain what is out of the ordinary about it? Beauty aside, it looks like a normal sunrise to me.

The sunrise is beautiful, only in 3 years time never saw it like that.
But i could b seeing ghosts due to threads like this

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha

You disagree with the scientist's explanation? He suggests that the horizon is lower this year because the horizon is at a glacier which has melted some and gotten smaller, so the sun appears to rise earlier. What's so unbelievable about that?

That just doesn't make sense.

If the ice had gotten smaller the horizon would be higher and that would equate to a late rise not an early rise!!

Ice crystals is possible but there is no precedent of this in all of living memory and for that matter all of previous recorded history....

What I propose may sound preposterous but I think there are signs that we have either reality shifted or there is 48 hours missing from our memory.

Korg.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join